It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Seattle Cops File Lawsuit Saying They Have CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT To Brutalize Innocent Citizens!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You know, Seattle is the Detroit of sorts of the West Coast. Well, next to Stockton CA. Anyway, they have made a serious of bad decisions that cost them the livelihood of the city. In no particular order, the death of Mia Zapata did no strengthen confidence in the police, as the bass player from Hole died under mysterious circumstances and like Mia, the cops really didn't do # until music outlets started reporting on the topic and putting pressure on appearances. The failure of the city maintaining their monorail comes to mind, which caused a serious crash and ultimately shut it down permanently since they didn't want to fix it. The heroin epidemic and the cops refusal to put in prevention measure instead opting for harassment arrests. The rainy season, but they can't help that. The suckering of the city government as performed by the Seattle Supersonics for that new pavillion for the Sonics for a couple hundred million that Seattle was bullied into putting up, and did, only to have the Sonics ditch them for Oklahoma. The loss of the music scene because the conservatives of the city did not want to build a great foundation on the grunge culture. The mysterious death of Kurt Cobain and others affiliated to Courtney Love that pretty much went the way of Andy Griffith detective work.

All in all, this is all they got left. SMH.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Well thats an easy one; We as the people who hire the police to protect us, fire them?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

This just goes to emphasize the failed policies of North American policing tactics. The way the Canadian & American government handle crime creates such a level of disharmony in the community that people feel the need to further commit crime, react in outlandish manners such as rioting. This creates the justification for this unnecessary level of infringement on citizens rights.

Let me just remind you, before colonial America and Canada were set up, there was virtually no crime in this land. The way we handled crime ensured there was very little crime. This is going to return whether these racist jackasses like it or not. It's clear that not only do the police support the industries which profit from crime, but the police really have no interest in actually stopping crime to the same degree that Native American/Aboriginal culture minimized crime.

I really only see these authority figures as jokes, as a result.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantstoknowmore
I live here in Seattle, and while I haven't heard/seen anything in local news about this, I can say that the looks I get from police officers are a little colder than other police people I have shared glances with in the past. I'm a white dude btw, so its not a race thing. There are however some pretty crazy people up here that these officers have to deal with, as well as meth addicts. Also there is gang activity down in South Seattle, as well as prostitute activity near Aurora. Lots of coc aine for sure in club scene which they barely touch. I don't think they care so much about that.

But yeah, there is def violent gang activity that happens in South Seattle, and I think this may be what they are referencing. Up here in North Seattle, its pretty calm, especially near Shoreline, and there is just prostitutes near Aurora. West seattle you get some stealing going on, but besides that, in my book, violence begets violence, and the key to this country is criminalizing private prisons, preventing criminal history from going on permanent background(when you do the time, erase the crime), and extend length of time jailed for convicted judgements by jury of peers. After all, how can a person with a criminal history even get a place to stay these days, or even a good job? How can they show society they have changed when a civilian background check pulls everything up, all arrest records, all judgements, everything, even if you were ruled not guilty. Seems pretty #ty to me. Of course police officers should be able to see background information, but I think privacy is essential, even for past criminals to allow them to focus on legal activities(domain of civilians) and allow police officers to enforce illegal activities with few constraints.

If you piss off a police officer, and he beats the # out of you, that is your own damn fault. Be respectful, as he is putting his ass on the line every day preventing murders and #. If Arizona and New Mexico had that mindset, there wouldn't be a "Silver or Lead" policy of cartels and police people going on. Of course, beatings because of race differences is wrong, but if you start badmouthing a police officer, you are asking for it. They no longer have patience, and they are not meant to have patience. They are meant to deal with crime when it occurs. If you get caught in the crossfire, explain cheerfully and calmly that they have got the wrong man. When they find this out, get a written letter from the officer to excuse you in that case, and so you can give to your employer if you got held up and couldn't get to work, or your landlord as to why you didn't bring them rent, and all is well. But they will only do that if you've been kind, respectful, cheerful, and following directions. Also, there won't be a next time, as if they find you again, you will again be kind, respectful ,cheerful, and following directions, and many will see that on previous record, and not bother you anymore.

In short, make a good impression on local police folk, and they won't taser you. They will merely ask you questions, which you have a right to not say anything about(where were you going? Is it ok if I exercise my right to remain silent? Yes, ok, 30 minutes later-length of time they can legally detain you without a warrant or arrest, you are free to go. case closed).

You have nothing to fear if you are completely lawful at that point in time while a cop detains you.

_Silver

I agree with everything you said. Sure, there can be bad police, but we have to let the cops do their job. Once again, the People's Republic of Seattle has followed their far-left agenda. To some people, being a criminal is just an "alternate lifestyle" we just have to put with. Not me.
edit on -05:00pmSat, 31 May 2014 15:03:35 -05003103035 by Parthin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Nobody FORCED them to become cops, they chose to do so, knowing the risks.
Shooting first and asking questions later is standard practice these days, and THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. We've got to rally together and hold these psychotic cowards responsible.

edit on 31-5-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just an FYI, the acronym was added to the video, it's not on the broadcast. Pause at 1:32 and you'll see that it's clearly been edited in — it's not the same color, the aliasing is different, etc.

Not that it's not a fitting title for this guy!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Now, this may explain the Supremes, SCOTUS, issuing a ruling concerning police, to wit: if the individual does not present a clear danger to society, and is unarmed, the police do not have the option of a beat down.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wantstoknowmore

there's the same kind of problems in every city. no one is saying that cops shouldn't use force against crazed drug addicts or gang members. but to say that i should make a "good impression" on police officers like they are my boss is completely ridiculous. our taxes pay their bills, they should be making a good impression on US. i have had a fair share of run-ins with cops, and 99% of them were horrible. they are rude, don't want to hear what you have to say, and just want to ticket/arrest. doesn't matter that you are just an average citizen who got into a little trouble or are in a bad situation, they are complete jerks. just because there are gang members and drug addicts out there doesn't give them the right to shoot first and ask questions later. and prostitutes for the most part aren't dangerous in the least- a lot them are basically scared young girls trapped in their situation so i think it's rather irrelevant for you to group them with dangerous criminals police have to "protect themselves" against.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The thing to see from this is very clear to me. The police truly, wholly and without reservation believe you are the enemy. The truly believe every man, woman and child in the US is the devil waiting to kill them in the kill or be killed world. They believe the rhetoric so much that they cannot see what they have become. They want to be able to kill those they think they are protecting. They want to make sure they are not denied their rights while making sure those who want to do them harm are denied their rights.

These folks are lost forever. They cannot be redeemed as they have decided the right to kill is more important then the right to protect life and there is no coming back from that.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

No... they don't. Perhaps a small minority have such an attitude, but police in general do not believe we are all the enemy. That is nothing more than pure and unadulterated nonsense of the highest order.

Police see the worst that humanity has to offer. Stands to reason that after enough of that any normal person would become a bit paranoid when dealing with the public. Anyone who does not recognize that and would choose to aggravate and create a confrontation is an idiot. In such cases perhaps the Darwin factor SHOULD intervene lol

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

No... they don't. Perhaps a small minority have such an attitude, but police in general do not believe we are all the enemy. That is nothing more than pure and unadulterated nonsense of the highest order.

Police see the worst that humanity has to offer. Stands to reason that after enough of that any normal person would become a bit paranoid when dealing with the public. Anyone who does not recognize that and would choose to aggravate and create a confrontation is an idiot. In such cases perhaps the Darwin factor SHOULD intervene lol

Nonsense? Really.

5000 police killings in ten years. The police in my area, the largest area in the country, are now cold, distant armed children with little education and even less training in humanity or compassion. The often pull people over with guns drawn, in order to issue a tax notice known as a ticket. Guns drawn?

The police seeking armored tanks? The police seeking more power to arrest people for infractions even the GDR didn't have interest in. Motorcycle cops writing tickets in body armor the military doesn't even get. Have you looked around? Police chiefs stating day in and day out that crime is at all time high, yet it isn't. All police services were folded into the DHS sometime ago. The police are being trained just like the military is, using the same psychological techniques.

While there are nut jobs all around and always have been, to ask for permission to hurt people with impunity because you "feel threatened" (the very language police policy demands be used in all reports to protect them from a suit) is madness of the highest order. That isn't policing but acting like prison wardens.

The cunard of "oh, it is so unsafe out there, they need to be able to shoot a will just to be safe" ignores the right of the shot at to be safe!!!!!!! If a cop needs to be safe the so do the damn pubic he is supposed to serve as he is NOT any better then anyone else.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

huh..funny but the police here do not pull people over with guns drawn, and this is Texas. Dallas, to be precise.

Where exactly are they pulling everyone over with guns drawn?

I have lived in 4 states in the last 10 years and have no experiences like you describe. I have also traveled rather extensively for business and see no evidence of said behavior so I will stick with my "absolute nonsense" remark, thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join