It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A suggestion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You know how now when you click on the link to a reply, their is a popup box? I was wondering if it would be possible to also put a hard link that will take you back to the post in the popup box, like the old links? Just thought I would shoot that out there, it would be very helpful to me if possible.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
But sure the post is right above the popup box...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
Yeah, you can read the post, but you can't reply to or star the post. I figured a hard link back would be easier to code than to ask for a reply and star function in the popup box.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I agree. It was nice to go back to a certain point in a thread and re-read. We lost something there that would be nice to get back if possible.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just get a reply box at the bottom, no popup, and can scroll up to see the previous posts. That's the best way ITOMO*

(*in this old man's opnion)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: toidiem
If you see Snarl's reply, at the top it has a link that says my name. If you click on that it should show the post he was replying to. I mean in that popup box. So if say I come across a reply to a post on page 10, but the post replied to is on page three, there is no way to find it without working your way back through the pages one by one.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I second this, I love this new feature but I would like to visit to the original page to see the contact surrounding the comment.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I totally agree! This is handy, sure, but I liked the old way of being able to open a reply in another tab, as well, in case you have just a short comment for two or three posts, so you don't have to post individually to each one. The new way, that's almost impossible. Also, in a long thread, I could reply to a post on page five, in a new tab, then go back in the other tab and finish reading the thread. The new way, it's kind of a pain. I like having the post right there, in case you don't want to quote, but some way to have both would be great!

new topics

top topics

join