It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is this on the Popocatépetl webcam? any ideas people?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: RoScoLaz
a reply to: Jonjonj

apropos nothing in particular, but from glancing at it in the corner of my eye, i thought your avatar was a rabbit. on closer inspection i realised my error. funny how the mind works. anyway. on with the mystery light...

You are not the first

I just had a thought, might they be using a laser range findermeter aimed back to a receiver near the cam so as to detect any change in the volcano wall? Just a thought.

I wonder if that might be the case, maybe a yearly test.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

It would seem to fit the evidence so far. But who knows, I googled it and found nothing...

Object disappeared at approx 12:55 CET

edit on 29-5-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz
a reply to: intrptr

seems to be the same thing in the same place. ah well.

probably some recurring camera snafu?

Still unknown at this time. Like a mod said it is recurring almost exactly at the same time as last year. That must have something to do with the suns position. Even though the sun appears to be clouded over, diffused light still reaches the ground.

Ancient Mariners used sun stones to navigate. The stone would gather diffused sunlight light in the direction of the sun so they could stay on course even on cloudy days. Since the camera lens is smooth I don't see how it would focus light like that… unless the glass lens or cover were chipped, say.

If it comes back tomorrow at about the same time and then dissipates at the same time, that might be another indicator it has to do with the sun. Since the "light" doesn't appear to move with the sun, then it probably is some aberration on the camera lens or housing in conjunction with the sun.

Thanks for bringing it. Neat mystery. You know if i am struggling with it, its a good mystery.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
When I used to live near Mt. Saint Helans, in Washington state, I would go hiking in the area around the volcano and several of the other nearby mountains. I was visiting a lookout on top of Lone mountain one day and they were doing some testing in which they had 3 laser survey sights or some such device (sorry, I don't know the correct terminology). One on Mt. St. Helans, one on Lone mountain (I think it was lone mountain, this was like 20 years ago), and another on another nearby mountain. I think geologists/vulcanologists do it to monitor sesimic movement or some such related things. Perhaps this is a similar thing?

BTW, BigDave, what unit paints their A-10s like that? I'm familiar with all the ones painted like warthogs, but that particular design is new to me.
edit on 30-5-2014 by JJRichey because: I don't REALLLLLLY have to fill this out...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
it's there again. same place.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

well u can elimanate sunshine ,, as a culprit.

i dont know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join