It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Restaurant Bans Gay Couple Because ‘We Do Not Like Fags’

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OMsk3ptic

The free market's solution to black civil rights is what got civil rights workers disappeared and stuffed into the sides of hillsides out at the local garbage dump. Watch 'Mississippi Burning' sometime for a movie based closely enough on real events to call it worthwhile to sit down for.

Government most definitely was needed for the Civil Rights movement. It took Truman to end segregation and all forms of official discrimination within the U.S. Military. It took National Guard willing to use their rifles in Little Rock for some black school kids to attend a white school without being beaten or killed right there on the steps.

Hatred ran far too high and far too deep in many parts of the nation for 'public pressure' to have corrected that within any reasonable living time period. Almost 200 years had already passed, after all...and how many since the Civil War, which should have ended most of it then?

It's one of the reasons I think the civil rights movement stands with no comparison to others or current movements. It's one of a kind and it needed to be, to correct a unique sort of evil. At least in one bunny's opinion.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
We do not like fags basically means they are bible thumping, close minded rednecks. Given it's east Texas, it's almost 100% certain.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

We do not like fags was never stated and is a fabrication by the couple. Read the entire story.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OMsk3ptic

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: OMsk3ptic
Personally I think a business should have the right to serve, or not serve, whoever they want. If they want to lose all the business that comes with being anti-gay, anti-black etc., that should be their choice. It's not freedom when government controls your business. Just like it's not freedom when government mandates you buy a product you don't want and can't afford (Obamacare).

There was a time when businesses did just fine not serving blacks - for many years they did just fine. It wasn't until laws started being passed outlawing that behavior that it finally stopped.

Why did the government change the law? Because public opinion was shifting. The free market would have taken care of the problem, without government infringing on people's freedom. And even if a business does do fine by not serving gays - so what? That is part of freedom. If people don't like business practices, just choose another business, we don't need bureaucrats running our lives.

The laws were changed because of protests and law suits, not because of general public opinion. Remember when the laws regarding non-segregation of schools first passed? They had to have army forces on hand to protect the black kids from possible violence by the white crowds. It wasn't until after the laws had been passed for a while that public opinion really started to shift. Really, it was the next generations that grew up with the integration laws that became totally okay with it.

iipdigital.usembassy.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christian Voice
a reply to: Gryphon66

Only a pervert will pervert. Take it out of context all you want, it will not change the meaning.

Did you actually just call me a "pervert" in an open forum? LOL, mods, please don't delete that, it's too telling of Mr. Christian's real character.

And your dishonesty doesn't change the facts.

1. Did Abraham have sex with Hagar his wife's servant or not? Was he married to Hagar?

2. Was Jacob (i.e. the guy who would later be named Israel) married to both Leah and Rachel, or not?

3. Deuteronomy 22 28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[c] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Pick and choose all through the Old Testament Abrahamic laws and pervert them all you want. Yes I called you a pervert.
1. To cause to turn away from what is right, proper, or good; corrupt. www.thefreedictionary.com/pervert
We are seriously straying from the OP.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

We do not like fags was never stated and is a fabrication by the couple. Read the entire story.

I suggest you read what the restaurant posted on their facebook page. The waitress said, "We do not like fags."

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Pick and choose all through the Old Testament Abrahamic laws and pervert them all you want. Yes I called you a pervert.
1. To cause to turn away from what is right, proper, or good; corrupt. www.thefreedictionary.com/pervert
We are seriously straying from the OP.

Yeah, Gryphon, don't you know we are supposed to ignore all the Old Testament stuff, EXCEPT for the part about a man laying down with another man? Duh.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Show me
www.facebook.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

SMH

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This was said though on their FB page
Alvin the Hip Monk ...or whatever your real name is....God Bless you. You need a real job ..I hope they pay you enough to destroy people who do not agree with your views. The gay couple were asked not to come back because they violated the Restaurant's policy ( where men act like men and women act like ladies), this is a family oriented restaurant and they had kicked out straight couples who also did not behave accordingly in public; not because of their sexual orientation. On your wall you said you hope this goes to court...I hope so too, maybe the waitress did not use the proper terms to convey her message. But you are an instigator when you encourage thousands of people to bully Big Earl's family and his customers you are causing public disturbance, inciting hate and death threats to this family and their customers it is also unacceptable

The waitress may have said what she said, I do not agree with her approach. It does say that hetero couples have been kicked out as well so there you go.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

1. To cause to turn away from what is right, proper, or good; corrupt.

A lot of those Old Testament Abrahamic laws are themselves perverted. They turn people away from what is right or proper or good. The laws themselves are absurd and have absolutely nothing to do with salvation.

Leviticus -
- Eat bacon ... go to hell.
- Cut your beard ... go to hell.
- Plant a garden with mixed seeds ... go to hell.

By your definition, it is more fitting to call people who follow those law to be 'perverts' because they totally pervert the SPIRIT OF GOD .. and instead get wrapped around the weeds with legalistic human-made 'law'.

God doesn't care if someone eats bacon. He cares if the person is kind. God doesn't care if someone cuts their beard. He cares if the person helps others. God doesn't care if someone plants their garden with mixed seeds. He cares if the person shares the fruits of that garden with others.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Christian Voice
I've meet and known many people from east Texas. It's between the lines.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well I'm a little shocked that this thread is actually still going. But that is probably a good thing since things just keep evolving with this story.

First let me start by retracting a statement I made earlier in this thread. I would like to admit my mistake in doing so. Here is the statement I made that I am now admitting that I was wrong in saying.

My Post

Honestly I hope it all works out ok for him actually. I don't think he should be run out of town or lose his business over something that technically his daughter said.

My mistake there was in assuming that Big Earl was just sticking up for his daughter like any good father would do but was still basically an decent honest man. I was wrong in that assumption which is now clear. I can now see that he's just a liar. Here is my proof of that:

PITTSBURG (KYTX) - A restaurant owner's employee is being accused of calling a customer a homophobic slur and he has continued to fight for his reputation. A confrontation between this Big Earl's waitress and this homosexual couple has gone national. The controversy stems from reports that this waitress called these men, Collin Dewberry and Kelly Williams, a homophobic slur and told them never to return. Owner Earl Cheney says the slur never happened.
link

The Facebook page of Big Earl's has also changed as well and there is no reference to what they clearly admitted to saying before the change.

Well Earl, I got some bad news for ya buddy. In the digital age you can't just go rewrite history so easily and hope that nobody remembers what you did or said. Here is a cached clip of what was on his facebook page before they changed it, which is from Big Earl himself:
Image of Earls Facebook Post

But here is the best evidence of all. A news clip of Earl himself live admitting to what was said: (skip to 1:40-1:50 for the goods)

Big Earl, you've been caught in a lie, trying to cover up your own mistakes. That's dirty pool buddy and we just won't accept that here.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'd be willing to bet the other lie was that the gay couple exhibited any indecent behavior. My evidence is 1) they weren't kicked out of the restaurant. If they had exhibited indecent behavior, they would have been told to leave that moment. They were told not to come back after they had finished eating and paying. 2) Big Earl is not willing to disclose the video of the restaurant during that day, which tells me he's hiding something.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Oh ya. I would have to agree with you. I also covered that aspect of this issue many pages back. It's interesting to see how things continue to develop also. What changes and who changes them and all that stuff. The fact that Earl is now trying to change the story and deny what he clearly admits to just days earlier says a lot IMO.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here is my final thought on this. Whether Earl said anything or his waitress did or anyone said anything like it's being said was done is not the main issue I see here nor is discrimination. I understand that "bullying" as some call it exists, I do. Everyone will get "bullied" in some form at some point in their life. Here is my question though:
When did we get to the point that we stopped teaching our kids how to deal with things and to move on ? When did the only acceptable response to being treated unfairly or called a name become SUING or publicly defaming the originator ? To force them out of business or to brand them and retaliate with revenge ? I am seeing story after story of people not getting their way or having their feelings hurt suing people and insisting on government interference and I've even read on blog sites where homosexuals are calling for the castration and murder of Christians simply for disagreeing with them. I am seeing such intolerance indeed but it is coming mostly from the side of homosexuals. Such bigotry and hatred and intolerance. They are becoming very violent and all because someone says they are wrong.
If I was not married and had children to worry about I would put my name and address here and dare any of them to come get violent with me. I'm fed up with the pissing and moaning and suing and boycotts. If you choose to be gay that's your business but leave the rest of us out of it. Quit your damn parades and recruiting and public displays that invite criticism.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I'm fed up with the pissing and moaning and suing and boycotts. If you choose to be gay that's your business but leave the rest of us out of it. Quit your damn parades and recruiting and public displays that invite criticism.

What you want is for gays to go back into the closet and hide and pretend they are straight. Those days are gone - it ain't happening any more. The more pissing and moaning and suing and boycotts, the more awareness is being raised. Your kind (like Earl) is dying out. Get used to it.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No we are not dying out. There are still those that will not speak out yet but rest assured that the more they see people like me speaking out and standing up the more of them are finally standing up and speaking out. We will fight this fight to the very end baby. Jesus will win in the end.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Talk about off-topic:

Someone said:

When did we get to the point that we stopped teaching our kids how to deal with things and to move on ? When did the only acceptable response to being treated unfairly or called a name become SUING or publicly defaming the originator ? To force them out of business or to brand them and retaliate with revenge ?

And my thoughts on reading this are ... I'm just struck with how Christlike the sentiment is, and what love and care is demonstrated here for kids who are often tormented to the point of suicide! "Just move on." Yeah, compassion is overflowing here. "Be a light unto the world." LOL, that's a hoot?

Has anyone sued Big Earl's (the topic of this conversation)? Nope. No "defamation" either ... telling the truth is not defamation. Letting others know the truth about a merchant is not defamation either ... it's how the free market words works.

I'm not sure that someone who would write words like these is best understood as basically dishonest or utterly ignorant of the reality of the world. However ... in terms of Christian actions and attitudes toward gays and lesbians ... heres a few of the first-fruits of a search:

Clint McCance is a board member in the Midland school district in northern Arkansas. Responding to a call to wear purple last Wednesday to support LGBT youth, McCance wrote the following message on his Facebook page:

Seriously they want me to wear purple because five queers killed themselves. The only way im wearin it for them is if they all commit suicide. I cant believe the people of this world have gotten this stupid. We are honoring the fact that they sinned and killed thereselves because of their sin. REALLY PEOPLE.

I would disown my kids they were gay. They will not be welcome at my home or in my vicinity. I will absolutely run them off. Of course my kids will know better. My kids will have solid christian beliefs. See it infects everyone."

Source

A 31-year-old electrician, father of seven and pastor from Tempe, Ariz., who once wished President Barack Obama would die of brain cancer like Ted Kennedy, came under fire from Irish citizens last week after he declared that the Bible says "gays should be executed" and he supports the teaching.

Source

Maj. Andrew Craibe, the Australian Salvation Army spokesman, goes on the radio program Salt and Pepper, where gay hosts Serena Ryan and Pete Dillon ask him about his organization's assertion in its official Salvation Story: Salvationist Handbook of Doctrine that practicing homosexuals "deserve to die." "So we should die," Ryan tells Craibe, who replies: "You know, we have an alignment to the Scriptures, but that’s our belief."

Source

The text “men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another” clearly points to these depraved sinners. But this verse in the wonderful book of Romans comes with a clear suggestion! These verses read: “those who do such things deserve death“. What a wonderful and clear word from our awesome and loving God!!

I think the best part of this is that this shows that regarding homosexuality Old Covenant laws still stand! We should indeed kill the gays as our holy book tells us. In Genesis 19:4-5, 24-25, God himself even set an example for us by killing all of the homosexual sinners in Sodom and Gomorrah. Is it not exciting when God speaks so clearly to us!

Source - From the site "Supported by the Bible"

Those are just the first few entries that pop up when you search "gays should die + christian" ... sadly there are literally over 30 MILLION MORE LINKS with similar statements from "Christians."
edit on 14Sat, 07 Jun 2014 14:32:13 -050014p022014666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join