It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Restaurant Bans Gay Couple Because ‘We Do Not Like Fags’

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Texas is awesome. The rest of the nation should follow suit. Tennessee still is very conservative thankfully. I am a business owner and will refuse service to anybody I choose.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You know what is really sad I just complimented you on being civil and then you became a d%$#.

I stated this in my response

I can be civil, it just doesn't happen often.

So, I am a dick because I want you to take responsibility of your mother?
Okay then. I am a dick. So what.

Maybe you cant do math but I told you ALFs can run between 2700 and 5500 a month the one she is in is about 4300. $4300 X 12 is $51,600 dollars a year.

And that means what?
How much is offset by tax dollars?

Now did I ever say they didn't save?? No, I did not. Their total assets and savings was over half a million now since you can't do math I will do it for you. That would work out to 9.68 years of care for one person. Maybe you are rich but I have news for you the rest of the country isn't. So get off your high horse and maybe give some actual thought to the issue because I don't know WTF you are thinking.

Okay again......and that means what?
To restate, you think highly of SS because your mom lives off it.
Well, I don't suppose kids would rebel against Santa Clause either, even if they learned that the presents were first taken from the Elves.
And the whole rich statement??? Gee, I didn't think that was needed, you know, to build wealth up during your working years so you can have funds till you pass away. Instead, we really should all look to the Govt to provide this.

Oh, and they would have had a hell of a lot more if the market hadn't crashed and killed their 401Ks.

And that means what to me?
They played the investment game, and lost.
But, what we should do is have an authority now take some from me, to give to them. That sounds fair.

Don't talk about being forced to accept stuff. SS has been around long time if you hate it so much maybe you should find another country to call home.

So, because it has been around a long time, and it not only corrupt but bankrupt and have pointed that out, I should leave the country?
Funny, as the country was started for people to be independent, not to have an all controlling Govt.

My parents worked hard, saved money, paid into SS all their lives, and by reasonable standards did the right things through life and for you to spout crap about being responsible.

Reasonable standards are to take care of yourself and be responsible for your action or inaction. So, it is reasonable now days to rely on a Govt program, that made lofty promises which it could never keep, and have that program siphon money from others?
WOW. I guess we are redefining terms and words now.

Who can afford to pay nearly 60K a year? Can you?

I am working on my retirement investments to do so.

As far as my family taking care of things. I got news for you I am the only family she has.

And that means what? That other citizens should therefore be financially burdened to assist in this task?

Why shouldn't I blame companies? They are the ones who played with people lives and investments then when everything went belly up got bailed out by the taxpayers and took bonuses on top of it.

I guess that they forced your parents to invest with them and purchase their goods and service.

MAN!!!! I hate it when companies do that. Hiding behind the bushes next to your house, jumping out, dressed in black holding a gun and a contract and forcing you to hand over your money.
**Shakes fist** Damn them!!!!!

They should have been lined up and put in front of a firing squad. Anyone who lost their savings with them should have had the opportunity to put them down. My pops had 750K in 401Ksand IRAs before that fiasco and when it was done he lost over 400K. So whoever you are you don't know jack.

Your right. I don't know Jack. But I do know that Jack should take care of himself and when investing money, should do his due diligence to see what the pros and cons are before handing over hard earned dollars.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
whether the canoodlers are gay, straight, black, white or whatever, i find overly passionate displays somewhat cringe-worthy in public.

the phrase 'get a room' comes to mind in such instances.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

So you are saving up to take care of your family? Or are you talking about yourself? 60K a year per person so if you still have parrents alive at some point being the responcible person you claim you will need about 120K a year out of pocket to pay for a basic ALF that is if your family doesn't have a few million saved for themselves. You better hope they don't need memory care because it goes up a few grand a month. Of course you could tell them they were irresponsible and dump them in the woods. That has been done in some cultures maybe that is something else you wish to return to.

As far as SS goes they/she hasn't even collected what the two of them put into it over their lifespan so yes the govt does owe them what was promised. The bankers that caused the collapse and those involved should face the firing squad that includes the politicians that loosened regulations that allowed them to cause such a fiasco.

For all your talk about responcibility I am willing to bet when the time comes you will be just waiting for your check to come from the govt. I would like to see you walk the walk because your talk is pure bull.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So you are saving up to take care of your family? Or are you talking about yourself? 60K a year per person so if you still have parrents alive at some point being the responcible person you claim you will need about 120K a year out of pocket to pay for a basic ALF that is if your family doesn't have a few million saved for themselves. You better hope they don't need memory care because it goes up a few grand a month. Of course you could tell them they were irresponsible and dump them in the woods. That has been done in some cultures maybe that is something else you wish to return to.

Well, thanks for your concern in this issue. My heart truly is filled with the amount of caring that is shown.
Don't worry.....my retirement plans are well taken care of and planned out.

As far as SS goes they/she hasn't even collected what the two of them put into it over their lifespan so yes the govt does owe them what was promised. The bankers that caused the collapse and those involved should face the firing squad that includes the politicians that loosened regulations that allowed them to cause such a fiasco.

So, the bankers are the reason why the Govt jacked the SS program?
Why not make a new Govt program, that takes some additional money, to provide something more for these people?

For all your talk about responcibility I am willing to bet when the time comes you will be just waiting for your check to come from the govt. I would like to see you walk the walk because your talk is pure bull.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? Mine is broke.

Also, you must know my investment person and CPA......you know....since you have obvious insight into my financial status.

I do love the idea that only Govt can help and that people just can't do it themselves.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well, thanks for your concern in this issue. My heart truly is filled with the amount of caring that is shown.
Don't worry.....my retirement plans are well taken care of and planned out.

Yeah I can see how much you care. I see there was no mention of your family.

So, the bankers are the reason why the Govt jacked the SS program?
Why not make a new Govt program, that takes some additional money, to provide something more for these people?

No the bankers jacked peoples lifelong investments with the help of deregulation. Maybe you forgot.

Instead of making a new govt program why not cut 75% of military spending? We would still outspend most of the world as far as military and there would be a country that doesn't abandon its citizens when they grow old worth defending.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? Mine is broke.

Let us say I would put even money on it that you will be cashing those checks when the time comes.

Also, you must know my investment person and CPA......you know....since you have obvious insight into my financial status.

Did by any chance you use any of your benefits from the military to attain your certifications? I think I read in another thread where you stated how you served then went on to better yourself though some of those govt programs. I might be mistaken.

I do love the idea that only Govt can help and that people just can't do it themselves.

I will ask again what do you propose as an alternative to govt help for those who can't? Seems like you would just cast them to the side. What a great nation that would be[sarcasm].
edit on 6-6-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Yeah I can see how much you care. I see there was no mention of your family.

I was unaware that I had to state that, to care about my family. How very odd. When I think of financial well being, my family is already included.
So, in your world, I must state such things?

No the bankers jacked peoples lifelong investments with the help of deregulation. Maybe you forgot.

But.......we are talking about SS....not bankers.
Looks like your parents were dealt with a 1-2 punch. The investments made, of their own free will, deflated and now relying on the Govt to provide funds via SS isn't much help either.
That sucks about the investments...but that is the risk that comes with investing.

As for SS being low. Guess we just need more taxes to provide income for your Mom. I mean...how much money should I keep of my paycheck when your mom is struggling.

Instead of making a new govt program why not cut 75% of military spending? We would still outspend most of the world as far as military and there would be a country that doesn't abandon its citizens when they grow old worth defending.

Or, how about this......return to the idea that people are responsible for their own actions.
Or...since this is your mom, why not actually take care of the woman that carried you for 9 months and raised you?

And...let's remove financial aid to other countries, pull our Military out of foreign countries, stop this crap of nation building, reduce money spent of welfare and such. That should put a nice dent into the budget issue.

Let us say I would put even money on it that you will be cashing those checks when the time comes.

Still waiting on borrowing your crystal ball. If I can have it for a brief moment, I can tell you for sure.

Did by any chance you use any of your benefits from the military to attain your certifications? I think I read in another thread where you stated how you served then went on to better yourself though some of those govt programs. I might be mistaken.

What Govt programs??? Welfare....SS....Food stamps....Medicare....Medicaid...SNAP...SCHIP....Govt backed student loans......Farm subsidizes....Cash for clunkers....Lifeline...Public housing...
Maybe this site would help www.benefits.gov...&qc=cat_1
Looks like they will work very very hard to get you and many others the Govt benefit you deserve and need.

Never used any of these.

I will ask again what do you propose as an alternative to govt help for those who can't? Seems like you would just cast them to the side. What a great nation that would be[sarcasm].

So, the only answer is for one Govt based program to replace another?

Well, there is your problem.

Govt can't solve your problems.

Very sad that you don't understand that.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So I guess since you didn't answer directly and listed other govt programs you are not denying that you used a govt program for furthering your education.

My, my it seems some govt programs are useful to you.

Imagine that.

OH, and family would include parents if surviving. I thought that was clear considering the conversation we were having but seeing as how I explained it could cost up to 120K a year to take care of them I find it odd. The reason I say its odd is because you seemed to claim you were not rich. Maybe our definitions of rich differ greatly.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christian Voice
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Texas is awesome. The rest of the nation should follow suit. Tennessee still is very conservative thankfully. I am a business owner and will refuse service to anybody I choose.

I dare you to advertise that bigoted statement, with your company name in traditional media i.e. T V, radio and newspaper. Come back to me and report on how sales went.

Oh wait, no, you'll be bankrupt because people will not want to do business with a company that might refuse to work for them.

Face it, you're just a nasty person who likes to justify their prejudice through an unfair state law.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

So I guess since you didn't answer directly and listed other govt programs you are not denying that you used a govt program for furthering your education.

My, my it seems some govt programs are useful to you.

What Govt program??
Ohhhhh, you mean the Military based program of the GI Bill, which was paid into from my checks, and if taken away would not produce a single complaint from me.

Seeing as that I would have done what it took to obtain those certifications anyways, your point is pretty lame.

Imagine that.

Yes, "Imagine all the people....."

OH, and family would include parents if surviving. I thought that was clear considering the conversation we were having but seeing as how I explained it could cost up to 120K a year to take care of them I find it odd.

Well, since my parents are criminals, my taking care of them really isn't going to happen.
Now, my Inlaws, I would have no problem to take them in, and not have them reside in an ALF location.
But hey, we can't all be expected to take care of people that we are directly related to. I mean, that would cause some major lifestyle changes.....Just have the faceless Govt take from some to provide for them.

The reason I say its odd is because you seemed to claim you were not rich. Maybe our definitions of rich differ greatly.

When did I state I wasn't rich....or rich for that matter.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

What Govt program??
Ohhhhh, you mean the Military based program of the GI Bill, which was paid into from my checks, and if taken away would not produce a single complaint from me.

Seeing as that I would have done what it took to obtain those certifications anyways, your point is pretty lame.

Yes that is a govt program.

You say you paid into it. OH my so it is sort of like how my parents paid into SS.

You would have done those things anyway. Hmm but I thought by your standards the responsible thing to do would have been to pay such out of pocket.

Hypocrisy much?

Well, since my parents are criminals, my taking care of them really isn't going to happen.
Now, my Inlaws, I would have no problem to take them in, and not have them reside in an ALF location.
But hey, we can't all be expected to take care of people that we are directly related to. I mean, that would cause some major lifestyle changes.....Just have the faceless Govt take from some to provide for them.

I see so you wouldn't take care of your parents. That is quite a burden off of you.

You would take care of your in-laws that's nice however it seems an ALF would be out of the question. That is pretty irresponsible IMO. Well it would be if doctors advised against it like my mothers did. When people get older sometimes their health and mind start to fail where they need constant supervision and interaction with others. Sometimes when an elder loses their spouse they become reclusive and if you add in something like dementia or Alzheimer the worst thing you can do is let them stay indoors or their home to where their mind rots.

Moving them to an ALF gives them interaction with others, exercises their minds and like with my mother has helped her rebound some from a progressive disease and find some happiness again.

But you go ahead and keep yours at home even if it isn't in their best interest. At least you will save some money that way.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yes that is a govt program.

As much of a benefit as those that work for the Govt get healthcare.
It was associated with a job and a 4 year commitment.
So............

You say you paid into it. OH my so it is sort of like how my parents paid into SS.

Yep, sure did pay into it.
And no, not like SS. SS doesn't require you to enlist for 4 years and work.
I do like it when people confuse and contort things like this.

You would have done those things anyway. Hmm but I thought by your standards the responsible thing to do would have been to pay such out of pocket.

I took advantage of a job based benefit that was offered.

Hypocrisy much?

As explained above.....
Job based benefit VS. Welfare program.

I see so you wouldn't take care of your parents. That is quite a burden off of you.

When someone chooses to partake in criminal activies, I will not take care of them.
The difference here, is that if they live in poverty, I don't bellyache about it on ATS.

You would take care of your in-laws that's nice however it seems an ALF would be out of the question. That is pretty irresponsible IMO. Well it would be if doctors advised against it like my mothers did. When people get older sometimes their health and mind start to fail where they need constant supervision and interaction with others. Sometimes when an elder loses their spouse they become reclusive and if you add in something like dementia or Alzheimer the worst thing you can do is let them stay indoors or their home to where their mind rots.

Moving them to an ALF gives them interaction with others, exercises their minds and like with my mother has helped her rebound some from a progressive disease and find some happiness again.

But you go ahead and keep yours at home even if it isn't in their best interest. At least you will save some money that way.

Thanks for the insight into what I can and can't do.

Always appreciated.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

As much of a benefit as those that work for the Govt get healthcare.
It was associated with a job and a 4 year commitment.
So............

No not at all like govt healthcare. You got healthcare while in the military. You may even qualify for VA healthcare. Those things would be alike.

So I see any govt assistance you take advantage of is deserved but anyone else that takes advantage of a govt program. Well..... must be welfare.

You were subsidized by the govt for schooling and you complain about SS that is hypocrisy.

Reminds me of what Carlin said anyone "driving slower than you is a moron any faster is an arsehole".

The difference here, is that if they live in poverty, I don't bellyache about it on ATS.

And who exactly do you claim is in poverty? Is half a million poverty to you?

I certainly hope you are not referring to my finances because I do not believe I disclosed them to you aside from saying I can't afford 60K a year to pay for my mother.

If you were referring to either myself or my mothers finances as being in poverty then you live in a totally different world than I do.

Are you even aware of what the average median income is?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
Actually FYI I advertise my company as a Christian company that provides honest morally sound service and I assure you business is quite well. See the thing with hypocrites much like yourself is that you get upset and lash out demanding people go out of business and suffer just for having religious convictions. I haven't read one story where Christians have tried to force a gay business owner out of business.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I haven't read one story where Christians have tried to force a gay business owner out of business.

That's because you would have a hard time finding one story where a gay business owner refused to serve someone just because they were a Christian. On the other hand, I can find many, many stories where a Christian business owner refused to serve someone just because they were gay.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Bull!!! Gays are all over the news every single day now trying to get businesses shut down and laws changed and people arrested all because people do not "agree" with their choices. They do all of this and you think they would hesitate to refuse service to anyone ? If they did offer service it would come with a major disclaimer.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It's not religious convictions.

There is not one statement in the Bible about not doing business with homosexuals, nor one statement about shunning them, nor one statement about not baking them a cake for their wedding, nor does the Bible forbid same-sex marriage.

The Bible does, on the other hand, command very clearly to love thy neighbor, to act with fairness and honesty, and to refrain from judging others.

All of this hateful rhetoric is a result of modern politicized agendas masquerading as faith and trying to hide under the skirts of religion.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv
Bull!!! Gays are all over the news every single day now trying to get businesses shut down and laws changed and people arrested all because people do not "agree" with their choices. They do all of this and you think they would hesitate to refuse service to anyone ? If they did offer service it would come with a major disclaimer.

Any links on gays refusing to serve Christians?
edit on 7-6-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

And I thought the Bible commanded not to bear false witness.

I'd love to see proof for the claim that "every single day gays try to close businesses that don't agree with their choices."

I would then think that if any good Christians had made such a deceptive and untrue statement, that Christian would rush to admit that they were incorrect and not telling the truth.

Christians do still believe in telling the truth? Do I have that right?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The Bible does say that homosexuality is an "Abomination" so yes it was Christian convictions.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join