It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Restaurant Bans Gay Couple Because ‘We Do Not Like Fags’

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
thats not an excuse for degenerate behaviour in public.

I find the misogyny in your religion to be degenerate behavior.
That's a subjective term.
Answer the question .... YES OR NO ... Do all humans deserve equal rights?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

What you consider to be degenerate behavior, I consider to be fabulous behaviour.

you just resolved the issue of the op. If you dont like people who dont serve your type at their restaurants, dont go there and stop whining about not being accepted.

Nobody is whining and certainly they're not interested in being accepted. They want to be treated equally and fairly. I don't expect you to know what those terms mean, but you do have access to google so should look them up for future reference.

You like many others are unable to deal with the subject in a rational way and instead resort to hot-headed drama.

You've got us there - we love drama!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I find the misogyny in your religion to be degenerate behavior.
thats your second attempt this week to bring in a non-related subject into a thread.

Do all humans deserve equal rights?
equal rights as defined by...? You? The gay rights movement? Clarify first.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I'll clarify for you equal rights means equal rights. What more explanation is required?

If english isn't your first language just let me know and I'll make the wording simpler, but the explanation won't change.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

basementwarriorkryptonite....

Nobody is whining and certainly they're not interested in being accepted. They want to be treated equally and fairly. ,.

equal and fair treatment is earned. advertising gayness in public really doesnt help your cause one bit.
edit on 3-6-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: macman

It's not that I don't agree with pretty much everything you have to say - it's that I am astounded that weapons are legally protected, but human decency is thrown by the wayside in the guise of protecting free speech.

Human decency is subjective and is not protected, nor enforced, nor should it be. The govt is not the morality police.

If people don't want to be around others, it is there right.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'll clarify for you equal rights means equal rights. What more explanation is required?

what is required is the explanation on as to WHO defined ''equal rights'' the way that term is thrown around by the gay movement and its backers and of course the media.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Nobody is whining and certainly they're not interested in being accepted. They want to be treated equally and fairly. ,.

equal and fair treatment is earned. advertising gayness in public really doesnt help your cause one bit.

Why not? Gayness is perfectly fine. If I want to be as gay as a peacock I will be. I think you are mistaking your personal feelings for the way other people can, do and should live their lives.

Equal and fair treatment is not something to be earned, they are basic human rights.

What backwater hell hole are you from to assume otherwise?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Gayness is perfectly fine.

according to?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

If english isn't your first language just let me know and I'll make the wording simpler, but the explanation won't change.

Because some people think that "equal rights" mean a lot more than "equal rights." For example "equal rights" to Jessie Jackson equates to racial preferences in hiring, racial quotas, and so forth.

Equal rights would mean that Big Earl does his thing and you do yours, not having the state to force the restaurant owner to serve you if he doesn't want to.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

No, it is not. Equality is delineated in the Constitution as an unalienable right, it does not have to be 'earned'.

Replace 'gayness' with 'distrust of the government' or 'support for a candidate' or 'backing of a cause', getting the picture? You are free to be as supportive of a cause or candidate as you like, equally you can be as flamboyant as you like, only the rule of law applies.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Gayness is perfectly fine.

according to?

According to anyone who doesn't wake up hating the world every morning.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Because some people think that "equal rights" mean a lot more than "equal rights." For example "equal rights" to Jessie Jackson equates to racial preferences in hiring, racial quotas, and so forth.

Equal rights would mean that Big Earl does his thing and you do yours, not having the state to force the restaurant owner to serve you if he doesn't want to.

Who in the holy fk balls is demanding anything from Big Earl?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think it's clear to anyone reading this thread or any other similar to it, who is happy in life and who is not.

I would feel pity and sorrow for people with hatred in their hearts if I didn't have better things to do.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, it is not. Equality is delineated in the Constitution as an unalienable right, it does not have to be 'earned'.

did the authors of your constitution intend 'fair and equal' to allow for gay marriage when it was written? If so why is the gay movement in america a recent phenomena?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

did the authors of your constitution intend 'fair and equal' to allow for gay marriage when it was written?

The authors did not make mention of marriage at all which leaves the matter to the courts and the states to determine as the framework of the Constitution dictates.

edit on 3-6-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

did the authors of your constitution intend 'fair and equal' to allow for gay marriage when it was written? If so why is the gay movement in america a recent phenomena?

Are you, in all your backwater nowhere glory, an expert on how things are done in the west?

Edit: I wouldn't expect you to understand freedoms which we expect by default simply for being alive, because you're not used to having them yourself. I don't blame you for getting all poopy about this.

edit on 3-6-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

so you are saying Big Earl and Jesse Jackson should have their version of "equal rights" granted?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

did the authors of your constitution intend 'fair and equal' to allow for gay marriage when it was written?

Does that REALLY matter? We can amend it if we have to. Especially if the ban on gay marriage is deemed unconstitutional.

edit on 3-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Gay movement would not be predominant if it weren't for resistance from the anti-gay movement.

but don't mistake me for someone who likes gay Pride Parade, to me and 2 gay people i known for 10 yrs, it is just disgusting as straight men showing their bulges.

I criticize gay just as the straight, but it does not interfere with them having equal rights and do whatever the heck straight people do in public..

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join