It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Restaurant Bans Gay Couple Because ‘We Do Not Like Fags’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Is it? Do you know for sure? Were you there? Did you get to look at the tapes that have not been released?

You can speculate and so can I but there are only a few that know for sure.

As I said a hetero couple should go in and mimic what has ben reported then depending on the outcome of that endeavour at that point we can say if it was indeed discrimination.

Personally I think it was more than just a harmless foot on lap. That's my opinion.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

But your weren't there either so your speculation that is was more is just a useless as mine right?

(post by mOjOm removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
who cares...this is Texas, not the United States, the country of Texas is socially backward, anyway. just like in Saudi Arabia, it's hot, they have lots of oil, don't care about pollution, and if you're rich you're welcome, if you're are poor, you can work there until your contract is up, then you have to get the hell out and go back to your own coun...er....I mean state

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And you wonder why we have gay pride parades. This kinda crap is your answer.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
a reply to: alienjuggalo

If the owner doesn't like gays, that's his choice wether others like it or not. I don't see why this is news worry.

Yeah money is money, so taking it from a pedophile who rapes little boys doesn't bother you?? There lies the real question on societies lines on what's right or wrong.

IMO I'm proud of his stance, good for him

Are you suggesting that gay people are pedophiles who rape little boys?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

But your weren't there either so your speculation that is was more is just a useless as mine right?

I am glad to see you understand now.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Why only address white Christians and Republicans? Are you not also addressing Black, Asian, Hispanic, Native American, Korean, Japanese, Arabic and otherwise not mentioned Christians and Republicans? What are you, a racist?

Anywhoo, I'm sure many people will now boycott this restaurant regardless of whether or not discrimination comes in to play. Happens all the time, welcome to the U S of A.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I used to be highly homophobic but not openly, after meating many of them though I know they can be sly and more so than other men but I find most to be truly pleasant people, I may not agree with there lifestyle or choice of partner as for me a plug goes in a socket and you use the right wrench for the job but it is there choice and I can live with that as it does not affect me, indeed some of the nicest people I met turned out to be Gay and my own childhood friend commited suicide, though I had not seen him since we were kid's I loved him as a friend as a child and can not condemn him, I would rather that he had been happy and ignored what other's thought than have commited suicide.
As for a business though I strongly agree with the business as they do have the right to reserve service to whom they choose and they are not state owned so as an extension of there owner I believe strongly they should be allowed to practice along the lines of there own moral code and seek the type of customer they so choose to serve.
A similar story here in the uk concerned a bed and breakfast (Essentliall a house/mini hotel were the owner lives and rent's out furnished rooms to guests as well as serving food to them which is now quite common in the UK), The owners of this bed and breakfast were devout christians whom ended up having to close there business because they refused to rent a single room to a male gay couple due to the fact it is against christian belief and more importantly there business was also there home so as a christian couple they could not invite ungodly activity into there home, now they lost the case and the gay couple sued them for damages causing this humble christian couple to have to declare bankruptcy (which truly angered a lot of people in this country indeed we wanted to string the judge up), it is not that they were homophobic but it was against there religion and in spite of that the whole ethos of society today is growing increasingly anti christian.
I feel more sorry for the business owners but as a pragmatic observation there are many straight owners of business which have become popular in gay circles and they tend to be good REGULAR customers and pay there bill's with no fuss, you know a gay's house is immaculate and cleaner than most womens homes as they take even more pride in there home's.

It is wrong to persecute a person because of there faith (so long as it is not satanism)
It is wrong to persecute because of sexuality (so long as they are not rapists or peodophiles)
it is wrong to persecute someone because of there race (there is no caveat it is wrong absolutely)

So if the law persecutes one side because the other claims discrimination it is an absolute or can there be such a thing as a person of faith being persecuted by a person of sexual bias because of there faith, I HAVE ENCOUNTERED THIS VERY SCENARIO MYSELF when I Revealed I was a christian to a manager whom had come to a retail establishment were I handled security and it was not in my favour there after at that site.

edit on 29-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

+11 more 
posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Everyone wants equality..........

But if a heterosexual couple gets kicked out of a restaurant for showing PDA , it wouldnt make the news and no one would raise an eyebrow........

But if your gay its a scandal.........

I dont see this "agenda" wanting equality, I see it wanting special treatment

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Having read the article mentioned and the postings the following can be stated:

This is Texas that this happened. And there is no protections from those who GBLT community, save in some of the big towns. Texas, is to all accounts a very religious state, far more than what many people would think. The majority of the churches are Baptist in nature.

While it is still sad that there are places like this, and it will take time, ultimately this owner is using the state law to only attract a certain customer base. He is not willing to budge too much and ultimately, there is nothing legally that can be done at this time frame.

The thing is that not everyone is going to be so acceptable as many would like, and it will take time.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

F### Big Earl's. Doesn't sound like the type of place I would want to eat at anyway. Sounds like you would have just as good a chance of getting your mountain dew refilled as you would being kidnapped and turned into mystery meat.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So your speculation that no rights were harmed was useless as well.
Strange that you already knew that but posted it anyway

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Sremmos80

Is it? Do you know for sure? Were you there? Did you get to look at the tapes that have not been released?

You can speculate and so can I but there are only a few that know for sure.

As I said a hetero couple should go in and mimic what has ben reported then depending on the outcome of that endeavour at that point we can say if it was indeed discrimination.

Personally I think it was more than just a harmless foot on lap. That's my opinion.

Pretty sure we can say it is discrimination when they say they "don't like fags".

Do you honestly need more information than that?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Everyone wants equality..........

But if a heterosexual couple gets kicked out of a restaurant for showing PDA , it wouldnt make the news and no one would raise an eyebrow........

But if your gay its a scandal.........

I dont see this "agenda" wanting equality, I see it wanting special treatment

I doubt they would be called "breeders" though while being kicked out.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

A persons personal beliefs do not make the case for discrimination. They were banned for their actions.

ACTIONS.........

I will say it again.

People are free to feel however they want in this country. You can like or dislike whoever you want. They didn't get banned for being gay they were banned for what they did.

I don't give a flip if they don't like gays , blacks, democrats, muslims, etc. as long as they are treated equally.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So your speculation that no rights were harmed was useless as well.
Strange that you already knew that but posted it anyway

Yes your speculation and my speculation are equally worthless. I thought that was made clear.

The difference between you and me seems to be I know what I am stating is opinion, I even stated it as so a few posts back but it seems like you think yours is not.

Have fun with that.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There is no law that prevents anyone from calling someone else a "fag" or expressing their dislike of same.

There are, however, laws about public accommodation that bind Texas as well as every other State in the Union.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964: Title II - Public Accommodation

If the couple wished to make an issue of it, they should go back to the restaurant with a friend carrying a video camera in hand. If they are refused service based on anything other than health code violations, file a lawsuit.

I however, prefer a free market solution. I simply wouldn't patronize the place anymore, and I would make every effort to publicize what happened as widely as possible so that other citizens can make their decisions about whether to patronize "Earl's" or not.

I'm a merchant ... the only orientation that matters to me is the facing of currency in the till.

edit on 16Thu, 29 May 2014 16:49:51 -050014p042014566 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join