It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: More People Killed with Fists & Hammers than Rifles & Shotguns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Wait, where are these "free guns" and where does the line start??

Yeah, anyway....
Where the hell are these free guns, I want one.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

I'm paying attention, I could suggest the same for you.

Again there's lots of ways to die. Tobacco, cancer, drunk drivers, falling on the street, peanuts... lot's of them. They can produce more causality the Guns.

But GUNS ARE USED FOR MASS MURDER. the others: Tobacco, cancer, drunk drivers, falling on the street, peanuts AREN'
T.

Here's what you should be worried about, Democide

There were 262,000,000 victims during the 20th century - guess what? most were disarmed populations at the mercy of government.

One could conclude an agenda just by this fact alone.

I think the mere fact of gun owners is feared by government and history agrees.

One could also conclude that gun ownership especially modern long guns by civilians put a damper on chances of Democide.
edit on 30-5-2014 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2014 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Galvatron

In my country there is no mass shooting. In fact one of these days a Portuguese kid wanted to imitate the poor examples of mass shooting coming from the states, that the only thing he did was injure other kids with a knife.

In the end he said wanted to use a Gun like in the states .. but fortunately Guns here aren't free. And he couldn't find one.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yet slavery isn't right. Because ppl changed. Times change. When we are wrong we correct. And must of the times revolutions are needed.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This is a free forum. Because of that I can post my opinion.

Like you can post your's about what you want. thank you.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Gun's are used for MASS MURDER by lunatics. A guy w/ a knife can't do that trick, ppl can defend themselves against that. Ppl can't defend against BULLETS.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

In the end he said wanted to use a Gun like in the states .. but fortunately Guns here aren't free.

You keep saying this.... 'free guns'.

What the heck are you referring to???

edit on bu312014-05-30T11:38:04-05:0011America/ChicagoFri, 30 May 2014 11:38:04 -050011u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Not one event, MANY! www.policymic.com...

take a look at this :

and

etc
you can check them out here:
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I have an opinion that I have to make it others ear. Ear the outcry of this father www.policymic.com...

And many more out there.

Like it or not.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

Gun's are used for MASS MURDER by lunatics. A guy w/ a knife can't do that trick, ppl can defend themselves against that. Ppl can't defend against BULLETS.

Golly I am having to post thing twice for the repeated disinformation,25 Dead 115 Injured in Chinese Knife Attack

Yes someone with a knife can commit a mass killing.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

This is a free forum. Because of that I can post my opinion.

Like you can post your's about what you want. thank you.

Yes, yes you can. Regardless how misguided it is or wrong, you sure have the right to do so.

And.......we have the right to own firearms. WE have that right. Funny how concerned you are with OUR right, instead of putting forth effort to take care of your OWN country.

Narcissist is a term that comes to mind.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Can you explain me that please, that's a new term for me.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I have an opinion that I have to make it others ear. Ear the outcry of this father www.policymic.com...

And many more out there.

Like it or not.

First off this idiot or crazy take your pick murdered his roommates with knives, second he did not use a semi-auto long gun which this thread is about, third the dad needs to blame himself and mental heath workers not guns.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Not one event, MANY! www.policymic.com...

One type of event. An exceedingly rare event.

I get you're ESL so you could honestly be confused.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Phoenix

Can you explain me that please, that's a new term for me.

Click on the word "Democide" in the post it'll link you to source where you can read all about it.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

In your country guns are free. In my country they aren't. I will context that again (for ya):

«In my country there is no mass shooting. In fact one of these days a Portuguese kid wanted to imitate the poor examples of mass shooting coming from the states, that the only thing he did was injure other kids with a knife.

In the end he said wanted to use a Gun like in the states .. but fortunately Guns here aren't free. And he couldn't find one. »

you understood that i live in Portugal?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Still waiting on my "Free" gun.......

Oh, you mean we have the "right" to own firearms, where as you don't.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Love these threads

It's like that meth head, that has rotting teeth and keeps twitching every second..you keep asking them and they keep denying that they have a problem.

Sadly though, no matter how many "gun control" laws are enacted it will not make a difference. There are far too many guns out there already. It has come down to this, if you want to be safe then you need to arm yourself, and hope that you're not at the wrong place at the wrong time when the next mass shooting spree takes place.

In the last couple of years we've had countless mass shootings, including a freaking elementary school where 20 little children got massacred.

But yet guns are not the problem.

You can expect more threads like these, when the next mass shooting takes place. Where the usual crowd will gather and re-assure themselves that guns are not the problem.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Guns are not by any means free. Maybe what you're attempting to say is available to the public or citizen. Even that has to be clarified though. The legal law abiding citizen must pass a background check after filling out Federal Form 4473 attesting that they are not a criminal, drug abuser, alcoholic, under a domestic order or being treated for a mental health condition etc. and are buying the weapon for themselves - not others - their is a prison and monetary fine for lying on this form. Some states have additional waiting period before the customer can take possession of the weapon.

I am assuming in Portugal one must be a member of the rich, elite, government or law enforcement to obtain a firearm - is that about right?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

But what about the mass knife massacres? you know the ones that happened where guns are hard to come by like in China. A madness such as these people exhibit will not be denied just because do-gooders manage to ban an item.

I for one if ever presented with facing a madman would prefer to have the ability to defend myself and others rather than meekly await death under a desk or a rack in a shopping center or a seat in a theater.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join