It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PBS Frontline Vid 'Battle for the Ukraine' {Warning Very Graphic}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The Battle for Ukraine
FRONTLINE reveals the deep-seated hatreds between right-wing Ukrainian nationalists with historic ties to the Nazis, and violent pro-Russian separatists vying for control of the country.

PBS Frontline Battle For the Ukraine Click here to watch

Sorry I couldn't just post a YouTube vid--- so I'll do the next best thing and give you guys the link to the PBS website where you can watch this special for free....

As I say in my title this vid is very graphic, shows lots of blood, people being shoot, bodies ect...

Still I learned a lot about why the fighting is going on, who the key players are and what both sides hope to gain.
I highly recommend watching it.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to right restrictions,".....

What restrictions?...By Whom?....And why?.
I demand to know who has the right to restrict and prevent us from watching world wide events that could effect us and our families well being in the not to distant future.... Who are they and why are we in cyber media restraints.???

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

DO you have a local PBS station where you live?
It might be they want you to watch the vid threw an affiliate station?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Nice piece of propaganda . There are many things that are wrong with this piece ...Here watch this and get a good bit of history leading up to and just short 2 weeks of the elections . Listen carefully because the guy says some things that will add lots of context to the story of Ukraine
a reply to: HardCorps

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I knew the Frontline would be biased as a soon as they said…

…violent pro-Russian separatists vying for control of the country.

Labeling Ukrainians anything but what they want to remain-- Ukrainian. I guess proximity to the eastern fringes of the EU means that you should automatically want to join the EU. Otherwise you're a "violent pro-Russian separatist".

Laughable.
edit on 29-5-2014 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
"We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to right restrictions,".....

What restrictions?...By Whom?....And why?.
I demand to know who has the right to restrict and prevent us from watching world wide events that could effect us and our families well being in the not to distant future.... Who are they and why are we in cyber media restraints.???

PBS is a picky about who gets to watch their crap. When I click on their site I get a bunch of "errors because we can't give you cookies". Looking for it on YouTube under the same label might help. Bear in mind the western propaganda machine drives the gears of PBS…

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Look guys... Bias or not it's one of the very few places where I've found hard facts rather the MSN fluffiness ...

Like most Americans I would have been hard pressed to point out the Ukraine on a map before all this nastiness began.
and like most Americans I'm not really sure I understand what's going on there...

By all means, if you guys have better vid's and places to learn about what's really happening there...
Share them... I want to know what's really going on....

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Then watch the vid I posted and make notes . The guy is very reasonable and has lots of studies in that part of the world .It's not all about Ukraine and the vilifying of the evil Putin/Russian should be your first clue . a reply to: HardCorps

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Nice piece of propaganda . There are many things that are wrong with this piece ...Here watch this and get a good bit of history leading up to and just short 2 weeks of the elections . Listen carefully because the guy says some things that will add lots of context to the story of Ukraine
a reply to: HardCorps

Sure sure

Injured Russian protest tourists and soldiers get outed daily in Eastern Ukraine... But it's all just propaganda right?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

all about Ukraine and the vilifying of the evil Putin/Russian should be your first clue HardCorps

But isn't it Russia vilifying Ukraine and calling them all Nazis ?

This should clear that laughable claim up

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No not at all . There was a group installed by Washington (the Nuland phone call) and those are the Nazie's Ukraine as I understand it is a mixed bag of people that are pro and anti Russian .The problem with the Russian speaking Ukrainians is that they were not being considered and were about to loose there cultural language which is Russian . a reply to: TritonTaranis

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

No not at all . There was a group installed by Washington TritonTaranis

Where's the proof of this?

Where's the proof of US troops on the ground?

EU troops on the ground?

Could it possibly be "because they're NOT needed" in a country which is vastly in favour of EU ties as the last decade has proved to be Ukraine wanting and pushing for EU ties with Russian influence hopelessly trying to stop this tsunami move?

Oh look more Russia Troops in Ukraine shooting at government forces and Ukrainian citizens

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I knew the Frontline would be biased as a soon as they said…

…violent pro-Russian separatists vying for control of the country.

Labeling Ukrainians anything but what they want to remain-- Ukrainian. I guess proximity to the eastern fringes of the EU means that you should automatically want to join the EU. Otherwise you're a "violent pro-Russian separatist".

Laughable.

Nobody has ever said that... Ever

Not the Ukrainian government, not the EU, not NATO, not the US nobody so I. Not entirely sure where you have heard this

Bit on the other hand I do see the pro Russian supporters assuming that everybody in the East of Ukraine and Crimea for that matter is in favour of Russian rule

Let not forget that the Russia. Military # down Crimea and are active in the East of Ukraine where everybody wants to vote 99% in favour of annexation lol

Dear oh deary me

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

But on the other hand I do see the pro Russian supporters assuming that everybody in the East of Ukraine and Crimea for that matter is in favor of Russian rule.

Yeah sure, maybe now they are. Someone burned their capitol buildings and firebombed whatever duly elected government was there.

But nice try implying its the Russians behind it.

By the way you just called the Ukrainian people "Pro Russian", too. That doesn't make it so. Whats occurring in the East is a cry for help from wherever. Civilians are being murdered by the thugs in Kiev with military weapons. What the flock kind of government does that?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Triton,you are an unpleasant deceiver

Russians were in Crimea because they had a big base there ,so please stop this rubbish saying they have troops there or are fighting in Eastern Ukraine regions

They SHOULD be fighting there!Just like when Georgia started their ethnic clean up operations the criminals in charge of Ukraine have shown their mind set and Russia should do all it can to prevent slaughter there

The EU and America spent lots of money funding this coup,and were pictured with the initial right wing nazi monsters like the ones our grandparents stopped last time they reared their ugly face

A senior member of the fatherland party was filmed Before the sniper incident that rapidly expanded this situation bringing in in a car full of goons a silenced sniper rifle

The phone call between an Estonian politician and English EU politician showed the Estonian telling us protestors and police were killed with the same weapon

Lastly don't EVER tell an English man to pack up his bags and take a flight to Russia because he speaks the truth on the Ukraine matter! That shows your nasty mentality ,

Anyway I'm away till tomorrow so have fun with your memes

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
Look guys... Bias or not it's one of the very few places where I've found hard facts rather the MSN fluffiness ...

Like most Americans I would have been hard pressed to point out the Ukraine on a map before all this nastiness began.
and like most Americans I'm not really sure I understand what's going on there...

By all means, if you guys have better vid's and places to learn about what's really happening there...
Share them... I want to know what's really going on….

Thanks HardCorps for remaining open and asking questions. We live in the west and are subjected to the government controlled media that will be biased towards one side--the official side. You saw the net result of that in the War on Terror generated by fake WMD and all, right? We know now (looking back) the lies and disinformation that convinced us the invasion of Iraq was "necessary". Same with Afghanistan, Bosnia, Syria, Libya…. thats a short list. I am older and my list goes way back to Vietnam.

In every single case the news media has been the trumpeters of the nations foreign policy to invade and or subjugate these nations time and again. You think this has changed, I implore you take the history of the US into consideration as a whole when wondering about current events in Ukraine.

We see the media again trumpeting the charge, ignoring the burning and murder of citizens by the perpetrators of the coup in Kiev. That didn't involve elections a la democracy, did it? Yet the benign euphemisms (calling the thugs that occupy Kiev capitol a "government" for instance) and the labeling:

"Government-anti terror campaigns" in the east --- see, sound familiar? Thats how we always cage the good guys while the bad guys are "violent-pro-Russian-separatists".

Ukraine "Government"-- good, "pro" Russia-- bad.

The visits by the CIA chief, Nuland, McCain, Kerry, etc. all belie the interest of the west (western interests) to add the Ukraine to its long list of debtor nations, saddled with EU austerity measures and junk food-idis.

They will continue to feed us propaganda designed to paint any resistance by the Ukrainian people as evil and any actions by the "government" as necessary and justified.

As far as video, did you see this one about what happened in Odessa? They burned those trapped people alive in a coordinated operation.

Heres a post about it in another thread. Page 8 and 9 in that thread might give one a better understanding of what is occurring there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Seriously. If there were Russian troops in the fighting, it would be over already. Further, the Russian "annexation"?? no casualties. In fact, they had the whole Ukraine military surrounded, and let them go, at which point 80% of the Ukrainian military defected to them. In the other areas, the Ukrainian nationalists (what others refer to as pro Russian) are taking a hard beating (when the official Ukraine troops aren't killing their own partners who refuse to fight civilians). If the Russians were in fact fighting in those areas as well, it wouldn't be the case. The official Ukraine military would be bottled up in their capital.

new topics

top topics

join