It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B (new stealth bomber) speculation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
not this right?

cache.alien-ufos.com:81...

fake anyway

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
a reply to: Zaphod58

oh what the hell im feeling generous tonight.....

Might it be an attempt to "Navalise" the F-22 or 23? Something in the The Naval Advanced Tactical Fighter program?

There are only so many reasons of putting retractable canards on a fighter and getting the plane in a small enough configuration for carrier parking seems a logical one. The other would probably be both maneuverability/low speed flying characteristics and high speed on the same platform...
edit on 3152014 by spaceman42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

No its a rather large part of the jets design. Very noticeable. Maybe someone will guess what it could be. Think control surfaces. And that's all I'm gonna say...

Variable swept wing?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

No its a rather large part of the jets design. Very noticeable. Maybe someone will guess what it could be. Think control surfaces. And that's all I'm gonna say...

Variable swept wing?

Retractable canards

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I've heard a rumour that this new plane is so stealthy that the only way to know it's there is that you see on radar a man in the sitting position at 30,000'...is this true.

edit on 31-5-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: spaceman42

oh what the hell im feeling generous tonight.....

Might it be an attempt to "Navalise" the F-22 or 23? Something in the The Naval Advanced Tactical Fighter program?

There are only so many reasons of putting retractable canards on a fighter and getting the plane in a small enough configuration for carrier parking seems a logical one. The other would probably be both maneuverability/low speed flying characteristics and high speed on the same platform...

I just noticed that, catching up on thread posts.. I also noticed that the canard variant has a single Google reference which links back to the non-canard version of the concept craft. Odd enough to suspect someone trying to cover up..

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingofyo1
a reply to: boomer135

is it a swept wing design or fixed?

Yay - 1 bomb. What a weapon.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: spaceman42

There are other reasons too.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Or different configurations to find the best one.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SirDrinksalot

No one said that's the final configuration.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Sorry I m in the fog , but this plane will be a concept for the LRS-B ? or a bigger version of it ? but we speak about a possible flying wing very different of it .
edit on 31-5-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SirDrinksalot

Maybe 2 stacked

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

No, the YF-24 is not related to the LRS-B program.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

Or that was an early demonstrator, and it was bigger in reality.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

This F-24 schematic. It looks like an americanized stealthed out version of a MIG or Sukhoi. Or like a stealthy hybrid of a sukhoi and a F-16.

Any idea if this plane is/was intended to fill the roll of an F-16 or if it was /is designed to fill the roll of an Air Superiority/ Multi Roll fighter. TO me it looks like an impreoved f-16 with super cruise, stealth and thrust vectoring.

The canards being retractable is interesting. I'm wondering if those canards move independently of each other. That would allow them to effect the airflow on one side of the plane independent from the other leading to super maneuverability. Plus It would be awesome if they managed to put something inside the canards that one might want to deploy at their choosing. For plasma dynamics proponents maybe some type of electrified panels built into the leading edge of the canards. For either stealth, improved drag, or maybe theres none of that and its just variable geometry canards with some really sophisticated computer software making for a stealthy, fast, yet agile craft.

Heres my question for Zaph,

How is a stealthy modernized version of a F-16. what I gather from that schematic. going to help the fleet overcome this new super fast and accurate A2A missiles you've mentioned that would decimate or current legacy fleet. Stealth is important but that doesn't help if they already got enough data on your plane to send a missile your way. Maybe were hoping on some new EW gizmo to confuse the missiles or send (hack) messed up command and control data to the enemies electronic systems and radar. But if thats the case why the need for super maneuverability or stealth. Just put the EW tech inside some flying trash can and it should still be effective right?

Just curious because the F-24 looks to be used to defend another craft or for the same roll as the F-16. How is that design considering the future of combat engagement? Not disrespecting this plane in any way. It looks beautiful and deadly. Just wondering which direction they are trying to go with the design. Doesn't look suited for Air Superiority or over the horizon shoot down.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Is it possible the Texas sighting may have something to do with some subscale demonstrator ?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

TO me it looks like its the right size for what they have in mind with that craft and not a scaled down sub sized demonstrator.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Texas was a nearly operational bird from what I hear.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Very! You have a PM aswell..

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Remember guys the yf-24 is a bird that lost a competition, not something that was built for any other purpose. My beliefs is that perhaps the canards rendered the 24 less stealthy than its competitors and that's why it lost. But I can't know for sure. All I know is after the competition they continued to test this aircraft for some reason, probably related to what you guys have been saying about super maneuverability of some sort. I can see many reasons for retractable canards but if they can't make them stealthy then what's the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join