It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B (new stealth bomber) speculation

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
# blurb one- to make graphene even more stupidly conductive than it is? dunk it in an inert liquid and make a sandwich. It goes from stupidly capable to down right scary.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0
a reply to: Sammamishman

I could sit and write 10 little blurbs about graphene, and you'd maybe at a push believe 3 of them.

How is graphene relevant to low observable vehicles? quite simply conductivity and transference.
Lets look at transference first - in a high speed vehicle aka aircraft, air resistance creates friction (which cannot be negated unless you utilise exotic 'nice stuff'. On top of air resistance you have incoming EM radiation, which again, generates both current and heat. So what can graphene do?

It can be 'layered' in a specific direction to rapidly move 'heat'. Start at the hot spot, run the layer to an area that is (A) normally not an area an enemies IR sensor will see, and (B) being cooled by either airflow or circulated super cooled fuel aka 'heat sink'.

The exact same method is used for incoming EM radiation. The F22 changes the electrical current to heat that's outside of the normal spectrum of enemy sensors. Great idea. Well, that was until the Russians and Chinese developed a sensor 'eye' that can cycle through the entire IR spectrum.

Again, on your 'hot spots', layer up. Run that graphene strip (sandwich, but you know what I am on about) across the aircraft into a storage medium. That's right, zero need to change it to heat. Its simply supped up.

We won't even start looking at graphene reinforced ceramics for aviation, as that's a touchy subject. ahhh hell, yeah why not?

So - you have your beautiful strong 3-D printed shell. Problem is, its cracking up and not holding to the tolerances you promised the USAF / DoD.

What the hell do you do?

Make a graphene envelope. You have an empty mould - you are about to layer down into it, but first in goes the graphene ribbon. Onto that goes the first layer, ribbon layered onto that, so on and so forth. Then voila, last layer is your graphene.

You just created a monster. Frankenstein would be proud. Crack out all of your snazzy jazzy paints, colour it pink, then grey to suit the USAF. The beauty is? your outer skin paints will also be impregnated, and has created a system that takes incoming EM AND heat and draws it into the aircraft to be either stored or absorbed.

That's worth the price tag alone.

Twice the price of gold by weight

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

Scary doesn't BEGIN to cover the stuff I've heard. There's a lot of sitting in the corner whimpering involved because they can't do that. Hah.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If it's stored or absorbed, would the vehicle have to "cool down"? Also, would a vehicle be limited in its operations due to how much it can store/absorb? Would there be a way for the pilots to tell if their graphine "sponge" effect is nearly saturated?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0
It can be 'layered' in a specific direction to rapidly move 'heat'. Start at the hot spot, run the layer to an area that is (A) normally not an area an enemies IR sensor will see, and (B) being cooled by either airflow or circulated super cooled fuel aka 'heat sink'.

Can you clarify this?

It is my understanding that graphene's thermal conductance is isotropic.
edit on 18-6-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If what I've heard is even close that shouldn't be an issue.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I read an article about the LRS-B and one of the futur mission will be interdiction like the Strike Eagle,and possibility close air support too, I feel the way of the LRS-B like a modern and stealth F-111 what you think about it ?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

They've been talking recently about everything from the B-52 to the F-16 flying CAS due to PGMs.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If it's stored or absorbed, would the vehicle have to "cool down"? Also, would a vehicle be limited in its operations due to how much it can store/absorb? Would there be a way for the pilots to tell if their graphine "sponge" effect is nearly saturated?

Super-cooled and circulated. Electrically speaking, the capacitors available to soak up the energy far outstrip any radiation exchanged to current. You could also utilise some of that to say, assist in your colour changing skin.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
I read an article about the LRS-B and one of the futur mission will be interdiction like the Strike Eagle,and possibility close air support too, I feel the way of the LRS-B like a modern and stealth F-111 what you think about it ?

Zaphod says all that needs to be said. Oh and B-1B bomber did plenty of close air support in Afghanistan, so did the B-2b

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

SO in some ways it can store energy and redirect it to power other systems on the craft? Wanna make sure I'm following you here. As you know I have had a recent fascination with the general topic and am trying to learn all I can to understand better the incident that spurred the interest I have.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

SO in some ways it can store energy and redirect it to power other systems on the craft? Wanna make sure I'm following you here. As you know I have had a recent fascination with the general topic and am trying to learn all I can to understand better the incident that spurred the interest I have.

What you saw on two separate occasions was so far out of the LRS-B's league it is like a Sunday softball team up playing the New York Yankees.

However, graphene can be woven and braided into shape so that it can take incoming energy, absorb it deeper into the structures and then store it or cool it. Future use or just cancel it out, depends on who designed what for who and why.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

3 occasions actually (the third was uneventful and mirrored the events of the first) Didn't post about it. Haven't seen it since either. Probably wont. Flight path has changed or something about my body has changed that doesn't allow me to see the craft anymore. (The latter's a crazy theory I'd rather not explain publicly)

I got from looking at it that it was beyond the league of any B3 or next gen plane. Way beyond.

But as for as the graphene. Is that right then. IT can use the graphene to shunt and store energy and if cleaver enough possibly redirect it to feed other systems on the plane. (In regards to the comment "... You could also utilise some of that to say, assist in your colour changing skin.")

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes there was. Lol

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

3 occasions actually (the third was uneventful and mirrored the events of the first) Didn't post about it. Haven't seen it since either. Probably wont. Flight path has changed or something about my body has changed that doesn't allow me to see the craft anymore. (The latter's a crazy theory I'd rather not explain publicly)

I got from looking at it that it was beyond the league of any B3 or next gen plane. Way beyond.

But as for as the graphene. Is that right then. IT can use the graphene to shunt and store energy and if cleaver enough possibly redirect it to feed other systems on the plane. (In regards to the comment "... You could also utilise some of that to say, assist in your colour changing skin.")

When it ramps up for the first time in public, I already posted what the majority of planet earth will say.

OMFREAKINGZGODZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ROSWELL DID IT111111!!!!!!!! AREA 51 IS SECRET SPACE BASE UNDERGROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!ALIENZZZZZZ!!!!!!

That's the ones that don't collapse into p iss sodden heaps.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
On the topic of "stealth":

Could a plane be invisible to radar, but still be detected by it's EM signature? Perhaps the enemy could somehow detect the craft transmitting encrypted radio chatter? What I mean is, could they triangulate the position of "something" with three ground based stations scanning the EM spectrum?

What about audio frequencies? They have in development (or possibly deployed already) systems that can determine the direction and distance of a gunshot. Could such a system detect the faint sound of a far away or high flying plane?

Have these issues been dealt with and are of no concern anymore?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
But not aliens though. Break away civilization? Illuminati in full swing? Just corporations working in concert on a crazy idea that after a lot of hard work panned out and they aren't going to share with the rest of the world, now that they have the advantage, or they just left our world behind (figuratively) for greater things un hamstrung by Human current culture (religion, politics, political correct crap)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think your going in the right direction. If radar is eventually defeated all together or becomes unreliable against super advanced stealth.
How about a Gorgon stare type camera system looking for jet wake turbulence at different EM wave lengths. A stealth craft may be able to hide its sound signature, EM emissions and EM reflectivity but it will always create localized turbulence as it moves through the air.....I think anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
On an interesting note, while driving past the Belgrade Montana airport today there were three Boeing chase aircraft parked in front of a medium sized hangar. That's in the middle of nowhere, and an interesting place to see Boeing chase aircraft.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Maybe not. They could be closer to fixing that problem too. I know they do have it solved with one of their craft. Can't speculate on the forthcoming B3 or others though.

edit on 18-6-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join