It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B (new stealth bomber) speculation

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: B2StealthBomber

DOn't metamaterials react with a polarity to microwaves. Ie... they only allow microwaves to pass through in certain polarities or directions. Go against the direction the meta material allows for microwave permeability and the microwaves instead push against the material instead of passing through them and end up creating thrust.

Wonder what they would need with microwaves and metamaterials for a bomber. Unless they are using an electrified leading edge with electrified exhaust to created a circuit around the plane and then use the Phased Conjugate Mircrowaves array they use on the radar to beam microwaves into the bubble that electric circuit/field around the plane containing the microwaves which then act on the metamaterials in the fuselage helping to push it forward. Since the meta materials are polarized to accept the micowaves in only one direction and the electric circuit along with the novel physics of phased conjugate beams traps and bottles up the microwaves inside the envelope of the circuit amping up power as it traps it and stores it like a capacitor. Keep filling her up with these microwaves and soon it don't need much help from the jets except to power the generators attached to the turbines to keep the circuit going. The air flowing through the jets will act enough like a flame jet generator. Great for fuel economy, reduced signatures (if they can mask the microwave bubble and electric field it creates) and for probably a few other novel ideas that won't reach the light of day for a long time.

All this is just speculation. But thats what I'm guessing if they are playing with meta materials. Notice you'll find all sorts of info on the web behind the physics of phased conjugate optical resonance but not on phased conjugance (sp too lazy to look up how to spell that) microwave resonance. You used to but then all of those sites and references on the internet dried up suddenly.

Something to think about. Also, suck it china. We still got the best aircraft and no you aren't going to catch on to some of our more exotic stuff any time soon. That takes real world experience not just money and imitating the exterior of a B2. Just wanted to add that last bit...just cause, they need to get in where they fit in.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

There are other reasons as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

There was a pretty interesting paper on a metamaterial skin being able to bend light around an aircraft

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You would happen to have a copy of that paper would you?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

You would happen to have a copy of that paper would you?

All I can find is the press release:
www.baesystems.com... 11042772599000&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=null&baeSessionId=JwzTTWTbbc7bhgcgHjsJQLGhNbKNHmVjGwjnrk9LThVZBV04sy3r!-793227#%40%3FbaeSessionId%3DJwzTT WTbbc7bhgcgHjsJQLGhNbKNHmVjGwjnrk9LThVZBV04sy3r%2521-793227%26_afrWindowId%3Dnull%26_afrLoop%3D611042772599000%26_afrWindowMode%3D0%26_adf.ctrl-state% 3Dan75wi0pz_97

Related:
media.utoronto.ca...
edit on 6/17/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I do
You should check your Facebook messages mate

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Materials Selections and Growth Conditions for Large-Area, Multilayered, Visible Negative Index Metamaterials Formed by Nanotransfer Printing

^ That's what your looking for..

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hey Zaphod58 and boomer135, people at the secretprojects forum and me are wondering how you two can get away with discussing what you're discussing without men in black busting down your doors? If your the real deal wouldn't the govt be a bit concerned...hmm?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: johnthejedi24

Who says they aren't? That's why I'm careful not to come out and say anything, but to nudge in the right direction.

I'm also not under any NDA.
edit on 6/17/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'd imAgine you to be somewhat famous down at the AFFTC

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

That's a line I won't cross. I'm sure whoever monitors this site hates to see my name by now, but I'm not going to cross it.

Besides it's fun to watch you guys stumble your way to answers. Until you talk yourselves out of them. Hah.
edit on 6/17/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Yeah whoever they may be lol

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnthejedi24
Hey Zaphod58 and boomer135, people at the secretprojects forum and me are wondering how you two can get away with discussing what you're discussing without men in black busting down your doors? If your the real deal wouldn't the govt be a bit concerned...hmm?

I got talked to last year about a picture I posted on here. I stayed away from the boards for a while. But if you think about it, I'm not binded by an NDA when it comes to the lrs-b. I just have friends that still fly out at Edwards and stuff.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Don't you think its the time now to show realy freaking new technology to the rest of the world? surely it will help to keep the bad guys quiet. Lrs-b will be soon to Edwards ?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I bet whoever monitors this site probably loves my posts.

"Hey guys!!! That Bassplyr guy just posted again!!"

(crowd forms around computer work station)
"What A clown this guy is!"
"Yeah He's really stretching this time."
"Cross him off the list of potential people who actually know anything."
"Yep, we see idiots like this guy all the time, but he wont be leaking any secrets anytime soon"
" Sure do love his dumb assed posts though....but wrong, wrong, wrong."

Hell I bet some people on this site do that.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I bet most people wouldn't believe Zaph even if he told all the details. Remember, what's operating in the white right now has been around a long time.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Me too. I'm interested in that article on meta materials bending light too.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
www.nanoscience.ucf.edu...

Knock yourselves out - don't ever say I don't give you guys anything.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

Hm... Negative index metamaterials. Interesting.

EDIT: Light trapping materials. I'm not sure, but I don't think they're talking about solar power.

edit on 17-6-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0
www.nanoscience.ucf.edu...

Knock yourselves out - don't ever say I don't give you guys anything.

OMG...if someone nailed down broad spectrum permeability.
One could use the left-handedness to make something quite special.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join