It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird clouds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This video m.youtube.com... shows a moving vortex type plasma thing on top of a thunder cloud. The four minute video was filmed by a pilot. Scientits are looking for ideas. Check it out.
More info spaceweather.com...
edit on 29-5-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)
"We could see the same phenomenon through both windshields even after the aircraft has pushing back in a different direction," says Visarathanonth. "I made a 4 minute video in which we can see the phenomenon quickly moving and disappearing from time to time."
edit on 29-5-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: more info
[yvid]7eomvFly0Ic[y/vid]

Is it the dreaded Sharknado?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme Thankyou very much.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Very neat!

I've seen a few videos of similar phenomenon before.

Very similar, though being viewed from below likely skews their shape. What leads me to believe that these are the same thing is the way that the light seems to "snap" and whip from position to position.

Wonder what it is!

edit on 29-5-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LeviWardrobe They almost look under intelligent control. I thought ats my like this,it could be linked to anything from harp to cropcircles and from aliens to the electric universe.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: symptomoftheuniverse

Explanation: What's happening above those clouds? In the past few years, videos have appeared on the web detailing an unusual but little known phenomenon: rapid light changes over clouds. Upon inspection and contemplation, a leading hypothesis for its cause has now emerged. In sum, this hypothesis holds that a lightning discharge in a thundercloud can temporarily change the electric field above the cloud where charged ice crystals were reflecting sunlight. The new electric field quickly re-orients the geometric crystals to a new orientation that reflects sunlight differently. In other words, a lightning discharge can cause a sundog to jump. Soon, the old electric field may be restored, causing the ice crystals to return to their original orientation. To help this curious phenomenon become better studied, sky enthusiasts with similar jumping or dancing sundog videos are encouraged to share them.

Nasa

Seems like a reasonable explanation.

Peace

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime i do not buy it. Sundogs have colour.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I have to say, I cannot see how one would jump to "plasma" as a description of what is shown here. To me, at this distance, that could easily be a vortex of wind creating some sort of bizarre high altitude tornado, rather than an expression of electrostatic or similar energy.

I would expect a vortex of plasma to be more incandescent than the ghostly apparition portrayed here.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It is not just the strange clouds but what is the 'thing' that pops in and out of the screen fluttering about at the following times:
2:30 - 2:48
3:46 - 4:02
4:30 - 4:32

I know there are a bird or two captured but this does not look like a bird.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Something like this ? www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

shows a moving vortex type plasma thing on top of a thunder cloud. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Delete, thought it was a reflection at first but realized after second viewing what made me think so could have been on the lens.
edit on 29-5-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I like when one guy on Spaceweather says it is like a jumping sundog. That is not a scientific approach to solving what it is. That is speculation based on known things that are probably not be related to this event at all. I think this is very common, but we do not pay attention. Maybe some real scientists, using actual scientific methods relevant to the situation will come to our rescue. Now I don't think we have actually evaluated these and even sprites properly. I think this kind of events may actually feed our different energy and electromagnetic fields of the earth. They have recently found a link between the CME's and coronal holes energy and the thunder and lightning in clouds. I wonder if there was a solar flare at the time of this video. Energy feeding the clouds. The sun and earth are bound by special fields, so is the sun and other planets. There are lines of connection between these objects.

Now, since the lines of connection from the sun to the earth spiral instead of line up directly, wouldn't planetary alignments use crossing of these lines to properly assess the effects be more pertinent than using the present solar conjunctions and oppositions? The magnetic field spirals, we should use this alignment to actually predict stresses on the earth. Just a guess based on newer information within the last decade.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
It is not just the strange clouds but what is the 'thing' that pops in and out of the screen fluttering about at the following times:
2:30 - 2:48
3:46 - 4:02
4:30 - 4:32

I know there are a bird or two captured but this does not look like a bird.

its there a lot earlier about 1:14 or so,
Could it be dirt on the windshields of the aircraft?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Um... The reason the vortex in the video of the sun you mention, is considered to be constructed largely of plasma, is because the sun is surrounded by highly energetic particles, it churns them out like mad, and is itself constructed of a massive helium-hydrogen reaction, which involves plasma. The highest share of the mass of the sun, is comprised of matter which is in a plasma state.

Plasma however is defined, as an electrically neutral medium, consisting of both positively and negatively charged particles. I am concerned that the only reason to start with the thought that this vortex might be some sort of plasma, is if one has not correctly understood what plasma is, and is not.

It is far more likely, that this vortex is some sort of oddly positioned tornado, than an actual plasma vortex of some sort.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That's about the weirdest cloud anomaly I've ever seen...looks like a tornado on top of the cloud...but the jumpy movements are even stranger than that theory itself...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Could it be dirt on the windshields of the aircraft? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought there was a dark spot and that it was taken from behind glass but at a second viewing I believe the dark little spot is a bit of dirt on the lens and its taken from the ground in a back yard or there abouts as you can see edges of trees close by.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeviWardrobe
Very neat!

I've seen a few videos of similar phenomenon before.

Very similar, though being viewed from below likely skews their shape. What leads me to believe that these are the same thing is the way that the light seems to "snap" and whip from position to position.

Wonder what it is!

Yes your video was the subject of a thread here already, and the explanation was much the same as the one given here, in fact it may have been the first explanation of that type of event. It's about time they gave it a name!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Seems like NASA can pull pretty much anything out of their own ass to cover something up...A little known phenomena ? how long have humans been around? anyways..Id like to think its not natural because I don't believe a word NASA says and never will...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Seems like NASA can pull pretty much anything out of their own ass to cover something up...A little known phenomena ? how long have humans been around? anyways..Id like to think its not natural because I don't believe a word NASA says and never will...

It's just not something you see everyday, but it's natural alright, the ice crystals in the E-field line up, enabling them to be seen. I think they do something like that artificially in ice core samples.

This is the explanation from meteorologist Walter Lyons,

"The answer lies in this: ice crystals, especially long needles, tend to become aligned with the ambient electric field.
So what you are seeing is sunlight reflecting off ice crystal faces that are constantly being oriented by the developing electric field just above the [cumulonimbus] top. Then there is a discharge in the cloud, and the field collapses momentarily, and the crystals begin to realign again. Then this just keeps happening over and over."
edit on 29-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Im reminded of the bloke who claimed he flew into a magnetic vortex over the bermuda triangle,i always thought b.s but now im not so sure. These sprites and things seem to directly link space to earth. Rickymouse may be onto something. The protons from the sun combining with oxygen to produce water? Maybe the water on earth did not come from comets afterall?
Then theres the anti-matter ring around earth.
I have a feeling tesla would have known whats happening.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join