It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Humanity considered primitive?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Probably. But I've also been known to leave such things trailing in my wake of stream of consciousness postings...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

My question is actually based on the premise of the thread... How do we know where we are in comparison with whatever alien races may or may not be out there in the Great Beyond?

An advanced society that rises to a technological level is, in all likelihood, a predator species. ...and predators have a certain mindset ingrained in them. ...and eons of genetic/cultural breeding isn't overcome in a day.

We don't need to compare ourselves to aliens. We are perfectly capable of analyzing where we stand as a species and culture.
And you answered your own question. Were a predator species and I don't see any attempt to fundamentally change.

The doomsday clock is still at 2 seconds to midnight.

www.youtube.com...

rt.com...
edit on 29-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Why is Humanity considered primitive?

Because they are still killing eachother - they have reached technological heights, but only devastate the planet in return.

Advanced would be a collective state, a state that recognizes how precious life is, and the fragility of reality.

A primitive species would manipulate eachother, war, greed, deceive and all that human nature nonsense.

My perspective anyways

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
At this present time we are the most advanced species known in the universe. So it's a rather strange but very popular thought.

I suspect that many think of us as primitive because they believe in some kind of utopian immortal species where resources are plentiful and all 'their' problems have been solved. Life is not like that for us nor any life on this planet.

So our sheer will to survive and to make the best for ourselves means that we develop weapons and medical technology side by side. Some are prepared to be very altruistic, others will take advantage of every single weakness in other people. Most of us lie somewhere between the two.

The path of survival or extinction has always and still is a precarious one. Every time we solve a problem we create another. The greatest example is nuclear energy. We can unleash the power of the atom to provide the power to do much good but it can also be unleashed to end out existence.

We hope someone else has conquered the problems that still lie ahead of us. That hope becomes a belief and that belief means many think we are still primitive.

The reason we believe it is because we always think we should be better than we are at any point in time.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
With no current basis for comparison...hard to intellectually argue that we are "primitive".....

If we are being visited, then at least we are advanced enough to either make them think twice about invasion, or think enough of us to be interesting to study....

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Being technologically advanced do not mean we have advanced society. 2000 years ago Jesus preached a materialistic equality that we have not even yet implemented. We are still suffering from the power pyramid controlled social systems and economic system and bullying and indoctrination to lies have to exist in the system to keep order and we do not seem to understand Platon:s Republic who describe exactly why these things happen.

When I was younger wanted to research and create things to help people out. Now days I do not want to help humanity at all with more technology since humanity has proven to young to even handle what humanity already know. Just look at GMO. Unwise idiots are playing with things they should not for monetary gains without the right agenda and precaution. Fukushima is another example. Greed should not be allowed in science and high risk power production.
edit on 29-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

why? well it sure isnt because of our technological level. its because we have barely begun to reach our psychic potential. the untapped power of our minds can and will render technology moot.

Yes that one will definitely change things when those abilities become more prominent than they are now. I do not know how much you can do but I am still struggling with both getting send->receive to really work with others who are sensitive and how to use intention->manifestation healing tools efficiently.

Meet a few empaths that are spot on.

Lol. Science have not even proven chakras and kundalini yet or another system on the energy flow in the body that can be more or less controlled by intention.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes, we are advancing fast, and thats the worry thing, considering we still have the same primitive way of thinking that leads to wars. The difference now is, we have weapons that can wipe out the human race.

Speaking about weapons. We spend billions apon billions each year on new weapons to kill eachother. That money could be spent sorting out the worlds problems. That itself goes to show how primitive we are

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't think they see the human race as primitive...

I think they see a race, controlled by a few, perpetrated through a mass delusion. And it's diabolical and atrocious. A slap in the face to Earth itself.

We are all sick, paralyzed with fear, divided by hate. It's a massive psy-op for a elect few to live on high like GODS.

Earth is a sentient being. I believe that. The entirety of the universe is a sentient being with multitudes of various civilizations across countless solar systems and galaxies. Within planets, on the surface of planets, and even in space.

We are in a current state where a few control the mass to a destructive end. We should be able to realize that. Look at one another, pause and say - what the hell are we doing? Destroying our world, modifying nature for our own glorious ends, murdering, pillaging, raping, hating - still? After as far as we've come? Human trafficking? How do those people even live? How does the person who observes it, turn away, give the other cheek to such evil? Some day we are going to have to wake up and realize we're sick in spirit. Somewhere along the line, we lost our connection to being a part of a sentient being greater than ourselves - not simply individual sentient beings. Where we exalt our self above nature, the earth, and whatever else you think is or isn't out there.

But I have faith, we will get there. That love, compassion, celebration of diversity, tolerance - that we will find a way. On our own, before it's too late. After all, the last time intervention was needed because of our tinkering and controlling and harming - it didn't bode well for us. It's always destruction when the heavens have to come down to meet Earth.

So let's not play - revelations is now. Okay?

Have a Blessed Day.

CdT

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well...we pollute and contaminate all that we touch, live in and on and eat, we kill each other, hurt and abuse our fellow men, women and children, we fight over land, religion, politics and property...and each other. We lie, we cheat, we steal, we're racist, predjudiced and hateful....

This is not what I'd call "humanity". It by NO MEANS is to mean we don't have any redeming qualities. There is hope for us yet.

(As the extraterrestrials fly by looking down and saying 'Hell no! Keep going!!!' No wonder....

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Primitive? I doubt it...

The horrible neighbors that are screwing up the neighborhood with a trashed yard, loud parties and random gunfire? Most likely...

Maybe UFOs have been in touch with our governments... but it's more like having the cops called on us...
edit on 29-5-2014 by madmac5150 because: Added snark

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What verified statements by extraterrestrials exist where they say we're primitive? I don't believe such a thing exists.

However I will say if we're the ones being discovered by intelligent beings then yes, we are the more primitive race. That's indisputable.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The only Ones that consider Terrestrial Humans "primitive" are Terrestrial Humans. They do this completely without benefit of comparison to any other culture so-ever.

Thus to call Terrestrials "primitive" is actually in error, and wholly unwarranted, at least until another culture is encountered so that a true comparison may be made.

There is actually a psychological condition that involves the berating of Oneself; it seems that the entire species is suffering from this...(sorry don't recall the name).

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Frith

I do recall an Men in Black joke, regarding human thought as an infectious disease. Probably closer to reality than we care to admit.

As for being primitive? Yep. We are. We like war. Lots of war. We simply refuse to grow up. Abusive to each other, lack of a common tongue to eradicate lost in translation misunderstandings, absence of a working international legal and court system, diminishing educational values, shunning of human rights to a point that even by discussing them could earn you a drone visit, unwillingness to replace fossil fuels as abundant energy would negate all oligarchs influence and power, etc.

I could probably write for hours.

Seriously, even hinting at bringing the world together to progress will get you labeled as the Anti-Christ.

I will admit, I do not think this is the first time we made it this far. Sad to say, If that is true, I don't think we will make it this time either. And the hour glass to progress is getting a little low.

Oh well. If we don't make it, off to the next universe or planet I guess. Hopefully one a lot more tranquil.
edit on 29-5-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I would say that humanity is primitive for these reasons and in this order. The first is the root of all:

1- we fear all we do not know out of instinct.

While fear is a useful tool to avoid trouble and preserve your life it is detrimental to higher functions of thought. It is in all of us, even the hardest and bravest. I would say the bravest have the best understanding of fear and the closest connection to it. Bravery is not overcoming fear, but rather accepting it and moving on. Having it pass through you until only you remain. It is still present in the brave though. Its insanity still exerts a force on even the brave. It is still part of the process. Bravery is a circle of escaping fear at one point only to come back to it at another point.

Fear is still a force of evil. We have in our souls a deep seeded evil in the form of fear.

Being truly fearless is the next step IMO to higher thought. It is not an acceptance, but a will for overcoming based in knowing why not to fear. That we are immortal spiritual beings that can not truly die. Our flesh, or rather our fear for our flesh or that of others is what drives instinctual fear. It is chemically based in our brains and is unavoidable. A spiritual being does not live in his body, but walks through it. Respectfully, gratefully, but still not anchored to it.

Fear leads to hatred. Hatred is ignorance magnified and intensified. It is a form of insanity.

2. We are stagnant in all we know.

Although we learn and are constantly learning more we are stuck on this path of discovery that will eventually come to a dead end. All the discoveries we make, all the abilities we add to our species will ultimately come to a head followed by a fall. We are building up to a point when nothing more can satisfy our needs, no matter the road left before us unventured- We still see ourselves as needing, especially when we quantify our lives worth in the ability to meet those needs. Nirvana is not ours. There is then no point to more. More is just more of the same, no matter the form, color, flavor or feeling of it. All the same. That kills a will. Ever play a game you knew you could not win? It is pointless and as such leads to a loss of the will to win /play.

Animals die without a will to live.

When we all become brave in our existence without knowing WHY we should not fear we lose touch with more than just our potential. We lose our will to live. Over security and over comfort can kill a man. I would compare it to a retiree withering away in his golden years while secretly wishing for more adventure and challenge but limited by his flesh. If he were to be given new flesh by science his will would discover that all the adventure and challenge in the world will never fill him. He cant win this game. There is no point in extra rounds. More tic tac toe? No thanks. That is what our species is heading to unless we break free of this. Endless tic tac toe until we dont want to play anymore.

The retirees brave new world still fears and accepts this fear. All the self determination in the world is useless when you dont control anything in even your supposed best form. Think to the berserking barbarian who lost control for the strength it affords him. Self destruction is the only way out. A loss of a will to live fueled by the settling for any strength, any capability possible based in the despair impotency can cause. There is nothing you can do that you will find worthwhile when all you see is less than worthy.

Our purpose is not being served. We still dont know WHY. Our choice is not yet made. We have no reason to progress any further. When you realize you are lost...you ask: why forge ahead in this or that direction? Its all the same. I would not be less lost.

3. We are slaves.

The human mind still operates based on a slave mentality. We see our existence ruled by forces we think we should master to be fulfilled. Immortality based on sequential times passage allotting what would be "infinite" times passage for our flesh. A body that never dies. Alot of time in this body spent eating well, being happy and enjoying things...filling ourselves with the opposite of our fear. Comfort and leisure or challenge and adventure. Two sides to the same empty plate before our spirits hunger.

The slave would similarly argue that a day without the lash would be his prize of prizes. Not to be freed but to not endure a quantified "worthy" amount of time without his daily suffering.

We think to each other as fellow slaves. Anyone living better than another in a quantified existence is like a house slave privy to the better living of the masters immediate presence. Our toil and experience is perceived as harder in this quantified existence and we would love to be like that clean and well fed house slave.

No one thinks to be free. We see the master as the ultimate slave. He is our goal. We would think it heaven to be like the master of slaves. His is experience seems like the best to us in this quantified existence. We dont notice that he is surrounded by slaves and his leisure or fulfillment depends on the other slaves. He is a slave to slaves. If all the slaves die he goes hungry, has no purpose and dies alone and unfulfilled. A slave master without slaves is what exactly?

The master is also a slave by taking ANY position in that quantified existence. He is as lost for going in circles and not escaping slavery as someone who wonders without direction.

The rich, the powerful, the famous = The well fed house slave, the master, and the measure of that existence. Those who KNOW you are the house slave, or the master....they are your masters...your slaves are. A rock star without fans is you. A leader without a people to govern is you. A rich man without wealth is you. You the slave.

Take all of them and put them on an alien world alone and they are the same as you here. They would be primitive there because they are primitive here, like you. Its just all well hidden in our fear. Our evil conceals it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SO, Who is truly not primitive? What of our species is not primitive? Who would other intelligent life see as kindred spirits and as not being primitive?

A free man. A truly fearless man. A man who knows his purpose because he chose it.

He is the next step.

We are not there.

Our spirit is not dead but it is sleeping. There is hope but hope is part of the cycle we are currently in. It is a slaves acceptance of fear out of being lost. Even the brave masters are lost by running in circles though they choose to do so. They have no choice.....

We must have faith that we are that truly fearless free man /person. After that its just a matter of seeing the next step and taking it.

All else is the animal. Accepting the animals nature is the first step to moving beyond it.

Our animal nature must evolve not the nature of man that is always just running away from his animal nature.

edit on 5 29 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that any beings who travel the universe and do all this amazing stuff are going to be viewing us from a perspective we couldn't imagine.

People keep saying we would be viewed badly because we have conflict. Maybe they are of the opinion conflict is good and natrual, and therefore view humans as advanced because we have so much conflict in our lives?

Another thing to think about is how we view peoples such as the Native Americans. You have a lot of people who sit around with some sort of romanticized version of Native Americans, that they were somehow better people, or did things better than we today. Maybe aliens would have an odd love for humans because we are just so innocent and undeveloped compared to them?

Why would they be upset that we destroyed our planet? There are trillions more where that came from. Why do you think they would even be of the opinion we destroyed our planet? Maybe they think a planet covered in trash is pretty and they love the smell of C02? We don't know. It just seems incredibly arrogant to assume our human perspective, from this current point in human history, is going to bear any similarity to how an alien species views us. To think that their judge of what is considered good, or advanced would be anything close to ours?

Maybe humans are actually doing very good for what we have. Most of the bad stuff we do is out of greed, greed is a built in system to make sure we didn't starve. The person that always wants more is probably going to survive better than the person content with what they have. By the fact that they are traveling around the universe we know they have the ability to generate unfathomable amounts of energy.

If we had access to that great amount of energy, and nobody worries about getting enough food, enough water, nobody worries about freezing to death or anything else related to survival, we would start behaving a lot better. Human history proves this, when a society is well fed and comfortable they tend to be more civilized.

Life on this planet has always been a FIGHT for survival. It seems pretty unfair to judge humans for being fighters when that's always been what's required of us to survive. Perhaps an advanced alien species long ago understood this fact, and therefore wouldn't judge us at all?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Read the comments in Yahoo Newsand you'll discover the evidence of an abysmally depressing large demographic of the dimmest, dullest, most delusional, disinformed, misinformed, willfully and purposefully uninformed, mentally , morally and culturally bankrupt who, as predictable as Pavlov's dogs salivating at the sound of the bell, will shout in unison at the slightest, most inane bit of coaxing, "We're Number One" whether is succeeding at spelling a two syllable 5 letter word or winning a feces fight with some cage rhesus monkeys in a farggin zoo.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

We still find it acceptable to kill each other over nationality, resources and greed. We find it acceptable for billions of people on this planet to not have access to food, water, shelter so long as their nationality is different than that of ours.

Can you imagine that type of driving force being behind a push to the stars? Should ET be out there, and I am positive it is, I would certainly understand the use of any and all force on their behalf to prevent that type of infection to spread beyond this planet.

If we cant accept the fact we are all human, regardless of race, color, nationality, ethnicity, etc then we are primitive. The fact we have been able to leave the confines of this planet only reinforces the concept that sometimes even a monkey can find use for a hammer.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Think of it this way...what is the biggest problem for our civilization conquering, if not the galaxy, than at least the solar system ?

Money. Often cited as the sole or the biggest reason...it costs too much money. It's not financially feasible.

But what is cost ? And to whom do you need to pay for this ?

well that's the best bit...the cost is whatever we (as human beings) want it to be. There is no universal being determining the cost of resources. And even more to whom do you pay...well..to our selves.

So in essence, we prevent ourselves to achieve greatness.

All the resources in nature are free for the taking, any price put on resources or the means of extraction is simply us making it difficult to make significant progress, all this is because of mental deficiencies that manifest in greed, jelousy...just to name a few.

So yes...my own view would be...we are rather primitive on a spiritual level, which in turn makes it difficult to progress on a physical level. We are in fact a bit more advanced than our earth cattle...to a potential Alien species.

And just take a look what we do with cattle here on earth...

I can pretty easily imagine us being abducted, probed, dissected and held in captivity...because that's exactly what we do to "inferior" species here on earth. If there is a such thing as an alien abduction it would be very logical in fact.

This would also be a reason why they don't make open contact if they are here. Do we make open contact with species we observe ? No, we hide in bushes...take photos, use tranquilizers to shot up animals, than take tissue samples while they sleep for lab analysis.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Mankind destroys nature in order to imitate nature out of selfishness.

Birds fly because their species conducted themselves in a certain way and were granted the ability to fly as their reward.

Fish can breathe under water, worms and other animals can swim through the earth, a horse can run really fast, or at least they did back when man had to otherwise walk.

That reward is to fit in with the entire scheme of nature which is an anarchical arrangement while contributing to it's balance ,propagation and diversity.

Nearly all People are just wrong and destroy and kill without thinking of the damage they do their entire lives.

I am not religious, but if I were to articulate my opinion in a way that a religious person could relate to, I would say man kind's sin is envy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join