It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salutations from sunny Mexico!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, I'm not exactly new. I've been lurking the forums for a good six, or maybe seven years now.

Always fascinated by every topic and theme that have cropped up along the years, yet I've always taken these wise words to heart "If you've got nothing interesting to say, say nothing at all."

Lately though, I feel like maybe I'm a bit wiser and got something to say after all.

So, I'm from sunny/beautiful/rainy/dangerous/weird Mexico. A place with rampant UFO activity, and folk tales galore. People worship Christ, the Virgin Mary, Buddah and lately, La Santa Muerte (St. Death). Sometimes all at once.

I'm an atheist, from a big catholic family. My mom's a psychoanalyst and recent buddhist, and my dad is in international security, and a closet atheist. Interesting family all in all, I guess.

I work in the energy sector, as a…facilitator, or analyst I suppose. People in summits often mistake me for an engineer. I just laugh, and tell them that a Social Sciences major is within their ranks.

My job consists of assessing risk, opportunity and creative problem solving. I’m getting married soon, with a devout Christian girl, whom I love with all my heart and admire beyond words. We do not look eye to eye in spiritual matters, in fact we get on each other’s nerves sometimes for it; yet we have been together a long time, and have learned to love each other and look beyond matters of faith.
I’ve seen things, in my stupid youth I dabbled in chaos magic and other really, really dumb stuff. I don’t regret it, but I wish I would’ve acted differently. Funnily enough, those paranormal experiences only reinforced my nascent atheism views. I think I saw a UFO about three months ago, I’m not sure. I wish I saw one and be completely impressed by it.

Anyway, I like to engage in intelligent discussion, and have no patience with blind fanatics of any spectrum (atheists, Christians, political right, political left, envirementalist, industrialist, etc).

It’s my honor to finally introduce myself to the ATS community.

I’ll see you around,
Cheers.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeTheJoe

I love Mexico. You must be from the city I would imagine. I prefer the coastal regions but welcome nonetheless. Congratulations on your engagement. Welcome.

on edit: I have seen several UFOs. But it has been a few years. It was back in the fall of 2009. There was a flurry of activity by my home. I even watched fighters and helicopters fly DIRECTLY over my home to go chase them. It was crazy.
edit on 29-5-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Welcome, JoeTheJoe
Sorry you waited so long...but, sometimes the wait makes the stew better.
Hope to see you 'round.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, I'm from the capital. Of course we also prefer the coastal regions! The beaches are entrancing, and a welcomed peace for us big city folk.

Ah, sounds like a fantastic experience. Makes one think doesn't it? Took any pictures?

There are a lot of earthquakes in Mexico, had two big ones just last week (6.3 and 6) and people say that UFO's always appear above the skyline or near the big volcano nearby (Popocatepetl). Plenty of videos and eyewitnesses. Still haven't seen one, heh.

Cheers!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Couldn't say it better myself.

Or to say an old mexican saying "Este arroz ya se coció." (This rice is already cooked)

Sure thing, I'll see you around man.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello Joe! Welcome!!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Greetings!
Thanks for introducing salsa, guacamole and corn chips to the world!.

Tell the truth, do you have more UFOs down there because the ETs can't get a US visa?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi yourself! Thanks for the welcome

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea

Greetings!
Thanks for introducing salsa, guacamole and corn chips to the world!.

Tell the truth, do you have more UFOs down there because the ETs can't get a US visa?

Hahaha! Well, we get that a lot. Stil, you guys (the world) haven't really eaten Mexican Deliciousness until you come to Mexico City and try a real taco de pastor, with a good habanero sauce. Oh man, my mouth waters at the thought...

I'm pretty sure they can't get a bloody US Visa, those queues at the embassy are goddamm LONG. No human, nor ET, can take that.

Also, most probably, they stay for the tacos. I'm pretty sure.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hey, Morelos checking in.

Have a fun time here on ATS and enjoy the eternal sunshine of spotless minds.

Viva Mexico!
edit on 5 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Hey, Morelos checking in.

Have a fun time here on ATS and enjoy the eternal sunshine of spotless minds.

Viva Mexico!

I'm actually working in Morelos, and have been for the last year and a half. Your Tacos Acorazados are fantastic

Yes. I'm a taco connoisseur. A Taconnoisseur, if you will.

Viva Mexico Chingao

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Greetings Earthling! Glad you decided to join!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Thanks for the welcome!

I really hope aliens are not cats. But who knows? It would explain a lot. Sneaky devils.

new topics

top topics

join