It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida woman accused of killing 2-year-old while re-enacting Bible story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
a reply to: olaru12

Mental Health or Not, There Need to Be Free Teaching and Support for Better Rational Thinking.

You are going to put mental health and rational thinking in the same sentence? Really?

When it comes to mental health issue on this level it doesn't matter the motive since the motive will be anything and everything...whether using God or "women hate me" as a motive it doesn't matter since the sick brain will find one no matter what.

In this case many want to blame religion, and so do we follow that same logic with Elliot Rodger and blame mean bitchy women?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

the death of her former partner’s 2-year-old daughter and the attempted killing of the child’s 10-year-old brother

These were not her children that she killed, they were the children of her ex-partner. Sounds more like she used the Bible as an excuse for spite murdering her ex's children. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You make an excellent point sir. Though I find that many smart people have been labeled crazy or mentally unfit. What I am trying to say earlier in my post, as poorly as I still try to explain myself here, is that education needs to be looked at again. So that when we find people who naturally give off traits of murderers or psychopaths, they can be picked out and monitored, as same for the opposite minds. This could seem Orwellian, and to a sense would be a good thing down the line. Do not get me confused though, I am in no way in support of a Big Brother Nation(that we may able be turning into), i just want to find a way to prevent senseless act of violence that could have been preventable or "taken care of" earlier in development.

Regards,

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It is best to test allegory on inanimate objects before using living subjects.

Common sense would have helped too.

I live in Florida, these stupid zealots are everywhere here, but the weather is nice....

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
Too bad she believed in a story passed down and re-written from thousands of years ago literally.

4,000 years ago ... and he may not have even existed.
ATS Thread - Did Abraham Even Exist?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Deuteronomy 6:16
"Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God, as ye tempted him in Massah."

Reenacting a story about child sacrifice where God protects the child is creating danger for no reason and that is putting God to the test.

The point of the story in the Bible is that when you feel like you have no choice but to make a bad decision, God will be there at the right time to change things for the better.

The Bible is Wisdom from Old Kings (Proverbs, Ecclesiastics), History of Israel (King David), and many, many, metaphors that are not to be taken literally.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Mental illness is tragic.

More tragic yet? The fact that most modern treatments for mental illness are actually increasing the severity of horrific symptoms. Mix in a little alcohol or ambien and you literally have sleepwalking zombies in some cases with no memories of their bizarre actions.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
countless parents who, drowned, beat, suffocate, etc there kids every year and this one says she got the idea from church, so now all the religion haters start salivating and circling. got to love the kindergarten playground mentality of you guys.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I agree.

“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”
Max Planck
“When the answer is simple, God is answering.”
--Einstein
“This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent Being.”
--Sir Isaac Newton, Principia, Book 3
“A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a super-intellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question."
--Dr. Fred Hoyle (scientist who coined the term "Big Bang" who was unafraid to go wherever the facts led him, and who consequently recanted his atheism.)

Head of Human Genome Project, Dr. Francis Collins, converts to Christianity

"I set out to prove that my atheist position was correct."
“Since everything that is in motion must be moved by something, let us suppose there is a thing in motion which was moved by something else in motion, and that by something else, and so on. But this series cannot go on to infinity, so there must be some First Mover.”
--Aristotle, “Physics”
“One cannot be exposed to the law and order of the universe without concluding that there must be design and purpose behind it all... To be forced to believe only one conclusion--that everything in the universe happened by chance--would violate the very objectivity of science itself.”
--Werner von Braun, Letter to CA State Board of Education, 9/14/72
“There is something fascinationg about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such trifling investment of fact.”
--Mark Twain, 1883, Life on the Mississippi, p. 156

“This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent Being.”
--Sir Isaac Newton, Principia, Book 3
"The laws of nature produce no events, they state the pattern to which every event have only and can be induced to happen, must conform. Just as the rules of Arithmetic state the pattern to which all transactions of money, must conform, if only you can get a hold of any money. Thus in one sense the laws of nature cover the whole field of space and time. In another what they leave out is precisely the whole real universe. The incessant "
"For every law says in the last resort: 'If you have A, then B."
But first catch your A.
The laws will not do it for you."
--C.S.Lewis

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

but the education is dumbed down by design of tptb, who are part of a globalist "spirit-worshippers"…

the truth rarely is promoted:

yt: Jesus: Evidence, ancient historical sources
youtu.be...
Part I: Evidence of the existance of Jesus Christ by Simon Greenleaf, the Royal Professor of Law at Harvard University. Dr. Greenleaf, the Royal Professor of Law at Harvard University, was one of the greatest legal minds that ever lived. He wrote the famous legal volume entitled, A Treatise on the Law of Evidence, considered by many the greatest legal volume ever written. Dr. Simon Greenleaf believed the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was a hoax. And he determined, once and for all, to expose the "myth" of the Resurrection. After thoroughly examining the evidence for the resurrection — Dr. Greenleaf came to the exact opposite conclusion! He wrote a book entitled, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice. In which he emphatically stated: 
"it was IMPOSSIBLE that the apostles could have persisted in affirming the truths they had narrated, had not JESUS CHRIST ACTUALLY RISEN FROM THE DEAD, . . ."
(Simon Greenleaf, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice, p.29).

Part II examines evidence from the non-biblical sources of nineteen pagan writers that refer to Jesus Christ of the first century such as Tacitus, Suetonius, Pliny the Younger. Also doucmented by Flavius Josephus, the greatest historian of the Jews.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

yes! or she is a satanist: google "satanic ritual abuse"

David Shurter - Satanic Ritual Abuse and MKUltra Survivor
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

WoW.

Yes, you are correct that TPTB are dumbing the world down. Seems that self education is the only way to become smart, but then smart can only be measured from others, but if others aren't' smart, then how can smart be measured!!!lol

Respects,

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It reminds me of the Japanese woman culturally killing her own children. She was acquitted. I wonder how this case will play out. I don't see what the big deal is. Americans kill their babies every single day. I say, Life doesn't start until the age of four. Therefore, this woman was exercising her feminist rights --now she doesn't have to breastfeed anymore!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

> I say, Life doesn't start until the age of four.

Seems legit..

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Since Abraham didn't poison or drown Isaac, I'm skeptical that this had anything to do with the Bible at all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join