It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida woman accused of killing 2-year-old while re-enacting Bible story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

A Florida woman is accused of drowning one child after trying to poison another, in what she described as accordance with a local pastor’s sermon, WPEC-TV reported on Wednesday.

Kimberly Dawn Lucas is currently being held in Palm Beach County Jail in connection with the death of her former partner’s 2-year-old daughter and the attempted killing of the child’s 10-year-old brother at their home in Jupiter on Monday.

Investigators said Lucas attended a sermon by Metropolitan Community Church pastor Lea Brown this past Sunday that covered the Biblical story of Abraham readying himself to sacrifice his son on orders from God, only to be stopped by God at the last minute.

The power of suggestion when combined with religious zealotry is a powerful and dangerous combination.
Mental health issues imo didn't help in this particular case. Tragic and avoidable however.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Someone viciously kill their own.. and its not a muslim!? *Shocked*

.sarcasm.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well I guess she wasn't as devoted into her religion to be noticed by "god" as to have her child saved.
Too bad she believed in a story passed down and re-written from thousands of years ago literally.
Sad to believe someone could do this to their own child.

Regards,

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I supposed it's just a matter of time until someone accuses me of bashing religion and Christianity in particular.
That in fact is not the case; actually it's to point out the sad condition the mental health situation is in this country.
I see plenty of sad street people obviously dealing with MH issues almost daily. Mental health facilities are overwhelmed.

edit on 29-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't believe any of this crapola. She may have murdered, cia and black ops often murder for TPTB, or sleeper agents. But this is all controlled propaganda news and events being manufactured. Can't stand this at all any longer.

They got their F and I'll give it again. The responsibilities and power given them is a drop in the universal bucket and their greed, corruption, murder, fascism, is not on par with the enormous responsibility and right intentions of higher levels. F! F! F!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Mental Health or Not, There Need to Be Free Teaching and Support for Better Rational Thinking.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
S/f.The op recognized the woman had mental issues+religious fervor to equal tragedy.Very sad story.

edit on CDTThuam41061 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Abraham wanted to this too but the God was much quicker on him than her. Sorry for the kid.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

Mental Health or Not, There Need to Be Free Teaching and Support for Better Rational Thinking.

I think we both know that's not going to happen. I hold as evidence ATS and the anti deny Ignorance trend in favor of hyperbole, paranoia and adolescent macho swagger style of thinking. Entertaining but completely devoid of rationality.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Sadly Your Right.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's cases like this, you have to question if religion was created more for evil rather than good. When religion can drive someone to kill another human being, there's something terribly wrong.

As far as the biblical story of God telling Abraham to kill his own son to test his faith, is really sinister. I really don't think a loving God would even entertain putting a human being in such an emotional state. I can think of a better way to prove someone's faith rather than watching someone agonizing over killing their own son!

The old testament and the new testament depict 2 very different Gods. The old testament God is an angry, punishing and jealous God. The new testament is a forgiving, accepting and a loving God. So which is it folks?

It really comes down to religion and verses of the bibles have been used to control humanity. What's really ridiculous, if the bible is the word of God, there wouldn't be so many different religions on this planet! God wouldn't have allowed humanity to interpret his word in so many derogatory and evil ways. Religion has been the reason for too many wars, human killings, torture and sacrifices throughout the ages and in current times.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Give me a break.

You posted this in Conspiracies in religion and made it a point to say she was re-enacting Bible stories.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I don't believe any of this crapola. She may have murdered, cia and black ops often murder for TPTB, or sleeper agents. But this is all controlled propaganda news and events being manufactured. Can't stand this at all any longer.

I think it's interesting that in your mind, out of the possible explanations -

A) The story did not happen and is a fabrication of some kind (Null Hypothesis)
B) A mentally unstable religious zealot killed her 2 year old (Story as reported)
C) The story is exaggerated to some extent (combination of A&B)
D) The story is nothing more than propaganda designed to harm religion (Conspiracy Hypothesis)
E) The murder did happen, but was conducted by CIA black ops in order to harm religion (Conspiracy Hypothesis)
F) The murder did happen, but the woman was a sleeper agent of some clandestine organisation (Conspiracy Hypothesis)

You consider D, E & F to be the only plausible ones, and automatically rule out the other (more mundane) explanations before even considering which ones are corroborated by evidence.

Evidence is unimportant to the conspiracy mindset (since when in this mindset evidence against the conspiracy has been "planted" and therefore confirms the conspiracy and absence of evidence is, obviously because evidence was removed or covered up by conspirators thus confirming the conspiracy as well) , I understand that, so I understand why evidence won't sway your opinion.

However this mindset is closed. It is not open to all possibilities and can easily result in flawed conclusions.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Religion didn't drive this woman to kill anyone, it's her warped view of religion that contributed to this tragedy and this is more along the lines of mental illness than anything else. When the Bible or any other religious book grabs a gun and blows someone's head off, then maybe we can start pointing fingers at religion but people make their own decisions based off their own thinking and that is what should be questioned before anything. This woman is simply not all there.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

A Florida woman is accused of drowning one child after trying to poison another, in what she described as accordance with a local pastor’s sermon, WPEC-TV reported on Wednesday.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder if the pastor's sermon included Mark Chapter 16

17 These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;

18 they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

I wonder how many people have died because of this this scripture?!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Far more going on here than meets the eye (as usual)...

Police found a note on a computer in the home, directed at Jackie Jamason, the children's biological mother. Kitzerow says Lucas is the former domestic partner of the children's mother, Jackie Jamason. Kitzerow said the two recently split up.

www.cbs12.com...

Lucas, also known by the first name Kymberley, had tried to commit suicide, according to police. Her attorney, Marc Shiner, said on Tuesday that his client had suffered a head injury in 2013.

articles.sun-sentinel.com... r

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

automatically rule out the other (more mundane) explanations before even considering which ones are corroborated by evidence.

You consider her being mind controlled by the CIA to be a mundane explanation?! You're crazier than she is.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

...me too! J/k

It always eats at me when children get hurt. I've got kids and the thought is terrifying.

Peace

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

automatically rule out the other (more mundane) explanations before even considering which ones are corroborated by evidence.

You consider her being mind controlled by the CIA to be a mundane explanation?! You're crazier than she is.

No, I never said that at all and in fact that was one of the non-mundane explanations in my example - I was pointing out the exact opposite if you re-read my post.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Mental illness is tragic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join