It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama Is Actually Coming For Your Guns, He's Really Terrible At It.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Manny bills that went before congress and the senate have failed to come to fruition. Obama just can't get the job done and he never will,even some states are backing down on the laws they have put into place. Like how well gun registration went here in Connecticut and other states.

Conservatives have said President Barack Obama is "coming for your guns" and had a "strategy" to get reelected and then "erase the Second Amendment from the Bill of Rights."

But with gun policy again in the news after the Isla Vista shooting, it's worth considering that Obama's legacy on gun control may ultimately be defined by the executive orders he issued in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. And absent any concerted effort by Congress, the fear that encouraged a spike in gun sales after Obama's election and reelection may have all been for naught.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

The Libs are really terrible at everything they do, but they just keep trying over and over again, little by little, forcing us to make one small concession after another until they have what they want.

Stay vigilant

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Obama and his liberal extremist armies will do it through ammo. Have you tried to buy ammo lately? It's high in price and keeps going up. Go try and get some .22 ammo. The same with assault rifle ammo. It's created a black market. They'll do it through the ammo. That's my answer.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"Obama coming for your gun" is some NRA bull that they thought up to increase the gun sales from gullible buyers.

Looks like the sales are higher than ever, lol.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Have you given any thought to the possibility that the Obama Gun grabbing story is just a trick to get more guns sold and registered and may be having the exact effect it was intended to have? After all, for quite a while every time Obama opened his mouth gun sales spiked.

Why would any group (other than the NRA, a powerful lobby by the way,) want more U.S. citizens armed?

BTW I am and always have been vocally pro 2nd Amendment.
Just a question.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
He would never be able to get a major limitation on weapons through as the outcry and lack of support from his own party would prevent this.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Obama and his liberal extremist armies will do it through ammo. Have you tried to buy ammo lately? It's high in price and keeps going up. Go try and get some .22 ammo. The same with assault rifle ammo. It's created a black market. They'll do it through the ammo. That's my answer.

Sounds like you need a better place to shop I can drive to the local gunshop and pick up all the ammo I want so there is no need for a black market. Gun law scares are the gun and ammo manufacturer's best friend. Look what happens every time the right cries he's coming after our guns sales go through the roof. That is why you are paying such a high price for ammo they play upon your fears and cash in on it.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Its just started to loosen up where I live after a year of there being some out of stocks on popular sizes. I had a hard time buying .40 and .308 but it seems to have gotten better as my local shop has them back in and in good amounts.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It doesn't take much to set the nuts off face painting cammo. Gun grabbers / land grabbers /boo /LOL.

The 7% that own 65% of the guns in the US are interested in rational justification of a very irrational hobby. It doesn't matter much what the reason is. Anything will do. Obama's liberal extremist armies. ROLMFAO. fool.

I'll admit to dabbling in power fetish myself and owning too many, but there is a very creepy thing about this group if you ask me.
edit on 29-5-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
"Obama coming for your gun" is some NRA bull that they thought up to increase the gun sales from gullible buyers.

Looks like the sales are higher than ever, lol.

I kind of thought that was a given...but apparently some didn't catch on to that.

Related note:

U.S. military and police officers have about 4 million guns total, while U.S. citizens have about 310 million

www.latimes.com...
edit on 5/29/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

The Libs are really terrible at everything they do, but they just keep trying over and over again, little by little, forcing us to make one small concession after another until they have what they want.

Stay vigilant

You mean Democrats right?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
The 7% that own 65% of the guns in the US are interested in rational justification of a very irrational hobby. It doesn't matter much what the reason is. Anything will do. Obama's liberal extremist armies. ROLMFAO. fool.

However, he did politic on further regulating firearms. Not that I got sucked into that rhetoric and immediately went out and added to my collection, as I knew that it never would have gotten through, but it is a plank in the platform.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

IMO Neither republicans nor democrats are coming for your guns:

1. The Gun and Ammo lobbying industry i$ pretty powerful and $pends enough to get its way.

2. Gov't has absolutely no fear of its population being armed with civilian weapons.

3. The cycle has been pretty consistent regardless which party has control:
Fear of gun restrictions > Sales go up and people stockpile > Companies benefit > do nothing per regulations > wait a while > repeat the cycle.

The end result of fear mongering about guns.

1. The Gun and Ammo lobbying industry clients are raking in the profits from the consumer buying frenzy.

I don't recall any heavy un- regulations done by the Republicans when they were in control?

edit on 35531America/ChicagoThu, 29 May 2014 09:35:38 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hey not sure if someone could answer me a question or two please?

I understand the point of the second amendment and the need to protect one self.

With firearms and ammunition.. How much is really needed? and is there a limit in law regarding how many guns someone can posses?

Im reading up here and there about quite alot of people buying several as in over 5 lets say firearms and what seems enough amunition for a small war.

I can see the 'collectors' ideology for the firearms but the vast amounts of ammo? Is it more 'incase of war' or just simply that recreational shooting is very popular as in shooting ranges/hunting or both?

Sorry just wanted to learn more about American Gun culture as for things like 'No Guns/Yes Guns' I can't really give any standpoint as for me its irrelevent in my culture/country. But it may help me understand I bit more on these threads.

Bit a Background which got me interested in this sort of topic as Malta recently banned hunting across the country.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maltese5Rhino
With firearms and ammunition.. How much is really needed? and is there a limit in law regarding how many guns someone can posses?

There is no Federal law limiting the number of weapons you may own. there may be local ordinances impinging or your 2nd Amendment rights by restricting ammunition or the number of firearms you can purchase. All of these are un-Constitutional in my opinion.

I can see the 'collectors' ideology for the firearms but the vast amounts of ammo? Is it more 'incase of war' or just simply that recreational shooting is very popular as in shooting ranges/hunting or both?

I find it much cheaper to buy in bulk as there is a significant savings when I buy a box of 500 over a box of 20 or 50. Simple economy of scale for me.

Bit a Background which got me interested in this sort of topic as Malta recently banned hunting across the country.

What was the reason?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks for the info, That slipped my mind about the bulk buying makes perfect sense. Anyone would buy in bulk on most items regardless.

Cause Malta is so small, Nature on the island is greatly effected by activities like hunting. In recent years many species of birdlife could reach near endangered levels in one season. Not to mention its very hard to controll suprizingly. We get stories all the time of certain types of birds not on the hunting list end up massacred such as Swans, Flamingos etc.

Firearm wise we arent allowed anything more than a Shotgun really, Heck not sure about USA but a Paintball Marker permit in Malta is the same as a Hunters Shotgun Permit. Which I find mental

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If there was really a gun grabbing agenda; wouldn't you think there would be an effort to halt the manufacture of firearms?

In fact it's bigger than ever. Shooting sports are a multi billion dollar industry in America. That's not gun grabbing.

www.nasgw.org...
www.nssf.org...
www.gunbroker.com...

I realize the 2nd amd. fear mongering is a political ploy to prop up the conservative GOP base but it's just hyperbole and BS. I just bought a nice Glock 40 at a gun show and they threw in 5 boxes of ammo; and my GF at the same gun show purchased a sweet little purse piece Beretta .25
edit on 29-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i guess none of you guys live in New York? The NY Safe ACT here is pretty crazy and I would imagine that's only a first step toward even stricter legislation. There have been several companies that have had to move out of state because of the new restrictions in place. I don't care if I can't own a fully automatic weapon, that's always been the case. But, there are many new/extreme restrictions in place for purchasing new firearms. Others who already own firearms that don't fit the new legislation in some cases can be registered and grandfathered, others must be sold or turned in.

and why would they stop the manufacture of firearms when there's' still so much money in that business when they supply state and federal agencies with weapons.

i'm not all crazy about "gun grabbing" but the new laws in NY suck balls and are extreme and i don't think they will get less extreme over time if the trend continues. more school shootings and public shootings will eventually enact stricter and stricter control.
edit on 29-5-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

S&F for title alone.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Firearms were money,
before money was money.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b42b7a5da86.png[/atsimg]
For the
avid gun owning American, The anti
automatic rifle laws have a very
significant cut off date.

One that leaves the Winchester
lever action repeating riffle as the
single best remaining non-banned
high rate of fire military weapon
available in the US.

Winchester 1873 in .38

$2,199.99

And it's a very decent resell investment.

See, I think the big misunderstanding is that
the spate of arms sales in this country
have been more of a financial counter
move to the markets, than an open
rebellion type move.

In 2008 people who though about
going off-the-grid and purchased a
firearm, found in 2010 it had
appreciated better than anything
else except gold.

From 2010 to 2012 it moved to
lead. Bullets, became a secondary