It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Admits to being behind the Mysterious Slaughter of Millions of Birds and Animals.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The human population control idea, actually eliminating people, seems a bit far-fetched considering sterilizing people could be done with fewer consequences, one of those being people fighting back because they do not wish to die. As far as the birds are concerned shouldn't this information be public knowledge? Was it released at the time? And it is impossible to get an accurate number regarding animal populations. One can get close, but sometimes that might not be good enough. So I would like to know if they make their data public? What data do they use to make such determinations? And also, I seem to remember there were claims that these bird deaths were natural. That does not seem to be the case in this instance.

edit on 5/30/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/30/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

i was in an interesting conversation, with someone who seemed to be well on the inside, and they said "nature must be killed". i didn't care for any of his words at the time, but seeing the weather, deliberate pollution, and now killing of birds: that might be an end-game. kill nature so man has no choice but to submit to human masters which have lost their god-authority.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
While I mostly agree with you, it does have the channel 41 news report that talks about the birds.
The majority of the report is without sources and works the NWO conspiracy into a frenzy.

Coupla personal thoughts on it:

1. I hate what humanity does to the animals. However, I understand that starlings and cowbirds are dangerous pests at times. Cowbirds especially, as they lay their eggs in other bird's nests and the offspring dominate the other chicks, push them out and are raised by other birds who just think that they are their offspring. It's one thing for people to shoot some down to keep their numbers down and another to poison hundreds of thousands, if not more.

2. I'm a hypocrite in that I eat meat. I just finished a burger. I won't eat lamb or veal, but still, that's probably one of the things I dislike about myself most. I cannot bear animal mistreatment and yet, give me that bacon. Hypocrisy acknowledged on this, but, there's a great deal of worse animal treatment out there as well that crushes me deeply. If aliens DID come knocking one day and found us tasty; they'd have every right to dine as we have.

3. I think it's interesting that the government can poison large numbers of fauna at will, which decay that same poison into other animals and the ground. They liberally spray chemicals and pesticides everywhere and for the most part, no one complains. Then they preach of the horrors of secondhand smoke and the like.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

If your hunting for food,I have no issue with that. Of course you wouldn't want something that is stringy and tough to eat.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

Well I do eat meat and my point was never with people that kill for their food. Therefore I don't think I'm being a hypocrite myself. My issue is with those that hunt just to have a trophy on their wall.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

a reply to: Blaine91555

Well.. i really want to answer to each point, there is so much to say, i really do but it is gonna be a waste of time. So many contradictions, assumptions, false beliefs, hypocrisy, preconceptions.. I finally get why those in the know are so reticent at going public: it is an utter waste of time to try to convey informations, objective notions to people that are unable to process them because of their bias towards anthropocentrism, their existence and their place on Earth. Brainwashing is a big part of the problem too but it may just be an inevitable consequence of the human's condition.....

No, let me pinpoint for you the cause of this whole situation, that is the so called over population of certain species in certain areas as well as the imbalances in every ecosystems that result from human interventions. There is only one cause and it is humanity. All problems you mention and every others have one simple origin, your species. So yes maybe there are excesses in certain species and that these species will damage your dear orchards or anything at all that you think belong to you, but ultimately the cause that lead to these situations, is the so called most evolved and intelligent being. Ah this joke is starting to get old!

You dont even try to see further. Like what was the poison and how is it going to affect you and the whole ecosystem? If it is aerosol and im sure it is, how else would they kill thousands of birds in the sky without spreading over a vast area? Then it is inevitable that it will affect you. But do you care? No only the comfort that you are not going to be bothered by the "pests" matter. Or in this case, your dear harvests. All i see in these acts are barbarism,selfishness and a disrespect in life itself.

And the cherry on top is, proponents of these disgusting acts are probably the kind that are against population control of their own species which is, lets not delude ourselves, totally overpopulated. Talk about #ing hypocrisy, the very kind that makes me puke. Btw i just mentioned the ugly truth, i have no solution to propose to this mess. I just know a dead end is waiting at the end of the road. Believe it or not, it will never matter.

everything we do is natural for our species

Agreed. Hypocrisy, disrespect, damages, destructions, sadism, manipulations, lies, depravity are all inherent to humankind and thus, can be considered as a "natural behavior" towards its species and the world. Nothing to be proud about right? Looking at your whole reflection in the mirror, not just the things you want to see, requires balls though..
edit on 30-5-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
i think it's apparent to most folks that this article is straight up disgusting and the behavior on the part of the USDA is truly abhorrent.

What's possibly more surprising were the few comments from people stating

"They died from blunt-force trauma! Poison doesn't put them all on the ground in a small area! Think about it..."

or this gem

"LIARS LIAR LIARS. Even if thousands of birds were poisoned then flew 10 miles away before the poison effected them, it would NOT effect them all at the exact same time so they all fall down in the same spot within inch's or feet of each other, period, no debate. This is a cover story to take the pressure off them. It's called GAS LIGHTING"

blunt force trauma killed them! blunt force f*cking trauma?! WTF? no, no no, it was GAS LIGHTING!

lmao

even when confronted with the truth some people still can't even wrap their heads around it. that's perhaps even more frightening than the USDA being shady, which is less surprising unfortunately.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

given a chance, i would do what the USDA did to those poor animals to some of the dbags that are ok with this animal cruelty. be humble people, most these animals were here far before us, theres always an alternative to mass slaughtering of poor indefensible animals...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

You live around humans and you're worried about wolves being dangerous? I have lived in a flimsy tent in wolf, grizzly, and mountain lion country and felt safer than I do in parts of the city 10 minutes drive from my apartment.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Question...

Why would they kill off all of these birds seeming as most of you don't believe the reason given or perhaps it's a cover?

For #s and giggles?

To waste tax payers money?

Because they have horns?

What do people think is the real reason?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
One: The article lacks any kind of credible source, nor can is it being reported by any other reputable, or non reputable, sources.

Two: Some of you have some seriously sick senses of morality. "Everyone in the USDA should be poisoned/killed/maimed/" Glad to know that so many of you, when given information that you can't confirm but that offends you, immediately seeks death in the most painful ways possible for anyone even loosely related to it. You wanna say the USDA "killing" birds is a sign of humanities downfall? Uh, no, knee jerk reactions to everything like that will do it long before any real or alleged invasive animal culling will.

Three: Aside from it being an old practice there are logical, real, health and safety reasons to cull some species of animals. Humanly would be best, but as another said: "what would you prefer? Some kind of bird bomb?"

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I remember at the time also they were blaming global warming for the deaths of these birds, fish and the pigs and squirrles.

That was part of the reason they did it just that they couldn't cover their actions up and blame it all on global warming which was the agenda.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

Yes, but we have, in the past, let this sort of thing get out of control. An extreme example no doubt.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
The human population control idea, actually eliminating people, seems a bit far-fetched considering sterilizing people could be done with fewer consequences, one of those being people fighting back because they do not wish to die.

I suppose back in the day, terms like, "third world overpopulation" were bogeyman terms for most Western ordinary people, even Nostradamus had a go at that shiite, I'm not going to print the phrase though. It reminds me too of the dilemma of a certain police commissioner in Wolfeboro USA just now who used a non-PC word along with another, in respect of the current president of the USA, and was overheard. At a special meeting in Wolfeboro, that police commissioner was reminded that he was talking like a scared old [? ] man, by a clever youngster. That's the way scaremongering works. For culling of wildlife, all that should done in the public eye, and known in advance without abdicating responsibility.

edit on 30-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Bit sick.

What I don't understand, and please, chime in if you can answer. WHY do we feel it is our place to "control" a species and it's population. What controlled it before us?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
First of all, I'd like to consider myself an avid animal-lover. No kind of genocide is acceptable in my eyes. We're creatures of this Earth just like any other & we categorically do not have the right to exterminate any species of animal just because they pose a threat to our already huge numbers.

That said, the source is questionable! Tom Retterbush; who is this guy? If anything he seems to use any ole conspiracy theory without any perceivable discernment as to their credibility. If someone can post me legit sources pertaining to this story then I'd rest easy. But I cannot penetrate any further into this beyond the OP's link. Mass slaughter & unspeakable poisonings are unforgivable anyway so I'm already halfway there, but the de-facto evidence pertaining to the horrendous depths of unnecessary killings remains elusive, at least to me. Can anyone further this claim with something beyond Tom? I'm aware of the wild disinfo. being relentlessly disseminated of late & this just adds to the armfuls of cack that legitimate researchers have to sift through IMHO. Wanna rage indignant with the rest of you but need credible sources!

And what are we to make of this?:

''After a long, hard walk on the wild side, I've become an honorable, honest and successful citizen, entrepreneur, activist and blogger. Though my name is Thomas Retterbush, I go by Tom Retterbush, so please call me Tom. I have dedicated my life to providing hope to those who hit rock bottom the way I did, founding and operating the Addicts NOT Anonymous community. If I can build something as huge as my "online empire" anything is possible by anybody! Most people are too proud to list their shortcomings, faults and weaknesses for the whole world to see, but I am not most people. Most people would be much to ashamed and humiliated to fess-up to all the horrible, stupid, selfish things they have done, but I don't care what anybody thinks of me. Love me or hate me; I don't give a flying #! All that matters is what I think about myself. We all have our skeletons. I am no different than anybody else. And yet, mostly to spare you the reader a rather long and scandalous story, I am writing this more conservative short version of my story. If you want to read the whole horrible story including the whole unflattering truth, you may do so at; myspace.com... I was born in 1961 on an American Air Force Base in Germany. My father was United States Air Force, my mother German, so I spent much of my life in the small village near the Dutch border. In the late 1980s I met and married a German woman, soon thereafter becoming the father of my beautiful daughter, Sonja. Life got extremely complicated during this phase of my life, so both wanting and needing a change, I decided to move my family to Cincinnati, Ohio, during the summer of 1990. However, it was not long before our marriage turned sour, and though my wife and I stayed friends, we were soon living our own separate lives. Living alone in Cincinnati, I had a brief period when I was driving a cab. It was unfortunate that I lost my taxi permit due to an accident and lack of insurance, because although I wasn't getting rich and barely getting by, I really enjoyed driving my taxi. Soon I was living from one day to the next, living in a small dump of a room in a shabby neighborhood. It was during this time period that, amongst other problems, I was officially diagnosed as being bipolar. After hitting rock bottom, something from deep within myself completely turned my life around, determined to quit partying, drinking, chasing women and screwing-up I have become an honorable, productive and successful citizen. I now have a really nice, really big apartment. I have a humble, home-base, online business. I am founder and president of the San Antonio, Texas based nonprofit Disabled Veterans Association. I am in the process of launching an online store, an addiction recovery Website, and hopefully will be able to launch another site helping those afflicted with anxiety and depression. I work out, practice martial arts and archery, and play golf every chance I get, but for right now I have too little time or money for these pursuits. I have promised myself that I will do more of each someday, knowing that that day will never come. And so I live like anybody and everybody else in the world… one day at a time.''
- Tom Retterbush (allegedly from his FB account)

Hmmm... I resonate with elements of his life; I also know where a jaded past can bias you against both the government and the people. So still leads me to a blank. Either way, the USDA has zero right to be 'playing God' like they're doing; it's despicable. Who gives anyone such blind authority? One unnecessary death is one too much. In fact, you go, Tom!

PS: I'm aware I've led us all full circle; it's how my mind operates. If it feels comfortable to you, just ignore all of the above.
(again)
edit on 3052014 by JackintheHood because: (no reason given)

edit on 3052014 by JackintheHood because: anal, self deprecating attitude

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick
What if many birds excrete in your backyard and you hate that kind of birds ?

Birds are part of nature, to poop is natural . Why hate nature ?
Just a weee bit hypocritical to hate nature,
yet in your other posts you promote gays. screwwy to say the least.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Funny. This was the first thing I read after just watching Blue Gender.

Now that weird story makes much more sense.
edit on 31-5-2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ToneDeaf

originally posted by: candlestick
What if many birds excrete in your backyard and you hate that kind of birds ?

Birds are part of nature, to poop is natural . Why hate nature ?
Just a weee bit hypocritical to hate nature,
yet in your other posts you promote gays. screwwy to say the least.

I didn't promote gays anyway...
And I don't have to like all natural phenomenon.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am so sick of the civilization haters. I guess you all would prefer to live in a cave somewhere, but, hey, there's no wi-fi. So go eat a steak and some GMO corn and let the rest of us take care of business. You can sit back in your recliner, play Avatar, and cheer for the natives. Don't worry, we got you covered, the grocery store isn't going to close down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join