It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile in Denmark ..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I would have liked this thread to be in the posse comitatus forum really - if I let the youtube poster and the video speak for themselves I think you will see why:

Eduardo Ebbesen was visiting Amager Beach in Denmark, when he observed police speaking to some kids who were jumping from a dangerous area into the waters.

Instead of lecturing the kids like others might, these officers decided to let the kids have a bit of fun, when they pulled their car up to the edge of the jetty, and let the kids slide off the front.

Huge credit guys .....

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I live and grew up in Central NJ. When I was young we were all friends with the cops here, even though I looked like I was part of the 'bad' crowd. Still when we were behaving we had some pleasant exchanges with officers like this.
On one occasion we were in a park after dark, parks here close to public at dusk. Two people were out in the field having sex and a few of us were spying on them, unbeknownst to them. A officer just then pulled up in his car and asked us what we were doing so we told him. He got out went to his trunk and pulled out a 5,000,000 candlepower lantern and handed it to us telling us to wait for the signal. He went back in his car and said now! Simultaneously, he got on his loud speaker exclaiming, 'Adam and Eve are not allowed to propagate the species on public land after hours!" I never saw two people jump up and run, naked as fast as they did, scrambling to pick up and put on clothes.
It was one of the highlights of my youth that I treasure now.

But something changed and it started way before 911. It used to be that you would never get a ticket in the town you lived also, not anymore. I wish the police would go back to the example their mentors held.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am from Denmark
And would like to say its a cute scenario op
but, I hope people don´t believe its your everyday danish cop.. we got the good and the bad to
but perhaps we do have better guidelines for our lawmen

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Den ædlere blod den mindre stolthed!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
People spend a lot of time pointing out the "bad apples" in the law enforcement community, but I like seeing videos like this because it is important to remember that there are also good ones in the bunch. I think that a lot of LEOs forget that one of their strengths is a good relationship with the community. It makes me think of the recent video showing a police officer blocking traffic to ensure that a family of ducklings make it safely across the road. They're people too, and I think sometimes people forget that.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I am from Denmark
And would like to say its a cute scenario op
but, I hope people don´t believe its your everyday danish cop.. we got the good and the bad to
but perhaps we do have better guidelines for our lawmen

So am I. Actually I grew on Amager not far from where the video is taken, and we had our share of not to pleasant officers. It was back in the 80's and early 90's, and today a know a few of the current local cops. And yeah, they are not all like those in the videos.

But I think it is important to celebrate the awesome police officers - if we always mention only scum cops, we will be part of the reason why it will attract scum people.

Also, the officers involved in the video deserve to be celebrated for giving the kids an awesome experience.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Neat memory, fair AnteBellum. As I mentioned in the reply above, I think it is important to share the pleasant experiences too.

I am not sure how it is perceived in America, but from my point of view the overall harsher post 9-11 rhetoric from the administration(s) could be partly to blame. They have preached war, hate, terror, fear, doom and gloom, and have done so in a not too nuanced manner. I think such speech bound to affect those we put in charge of our everyday safety. Which is all the more reason to mention the good stuff we observe.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
People spend a lot of time pointing out the "bad apples" in the law enforcement community, but I like seeing videos like this because it is important to remember that there are also good ones in the bunch. I think that a lot of LEOs forget that one of their strengths is a good relationship with the community. It makes me think of the recent video showing a police officer blocking traffic to ensure that a family of ducklings make it safely across the road. They're people too, and I think sometimes people forget that.

I very much agree.

As you say part of their strength is a good relationship with the community, and as with all good relationships .. both parts has to be in it to win it.

new topics

top topics

join