It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question on Abortion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Obviously you are one of the guys eletheia was referring to, one who would breath a big sigh of relief if your partner told you she was having an abortion. Its because of guys like you that guys like me have no rights when it comes to reproduction.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My 2nd wife had an abortion without telling me. I was so mad when she told me because I wanted kids but she wanted to finish uni
I understood after a while and it was her choice to make at the end of the day.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Obviously you are one of the guys eletheia was referring to, one who would breath a big sigh of relief if your partner told you she was having an abortion.

There's nothing wrong with being relieved that someone chooses to abort. If you're not ready to be a father, then an abortion would be a huge relief.

Its because of guys like you that guys like me have no rights when it comes to reproduction.

You DO have reproductive rights. You have many choices: Abstinence, condoms, spermicide, vasectomy to name a few. If you don't exercise them, you can't blame anyone but yourself. If YOU don't want to be a father, you have every right and many means to make sure it doesn't happen.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

You DO have reproductive rights. You have many choices: Abstinence, condoms, spermicide, vasectomy to name a few. If you don't exercise them, you can't blame anyone but yourself. If YOU don't want to be a father, you have every right and many means to make sure it doesn't happen.

Which is exactly why abortion should be illegal. Those same options are available to women as well. Prior to pregnancy is when choices should be made, not after.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Prior to pregnancy is when choices should be made, not after.

I agree with you 100%. But what SHOULD happen is not always what ACTUALLY happens. And if there's still a choice available after pregnancy, the woman has (and should have, IMO) the right to make it. Just because the woman has more choices, doesn't mean the man has NONE. And if you don't exercise them, it's YOUR fault.

But that's not really what the thread is about.
edit on 5/29/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
No it's guy like me that are MEN about fathering a child. Just so you know I raised two all by myself because the mom walked away. I was a man and did what MEN do I became the best father I possibly could. I simply put on my big boy pants and did what was right by MY offspring. Me feeling and having the views I have about abortion in no way shape form or fashion has anything to do with you having rights. Sears, sells big boy pants....there in the MENS DEPT. You gotta leave the BOYS dept in order to make it to mens dept. a reply to: Bone75

edit on 29-5-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Being a single dad myself, I'd say you're barking up the wrong tree telling me where to find big boy pants. I don't want the right to walk away, that would be chicken sh!t in my opinion.

What I want is the right to say "NO! YOU CANNOT KILL MY KID!"

So from one REAL MAN to another, tell me why I shouldn't have that right.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Real men never need to tell others that they are real men.
Her body..the day men can carry kids is the day we have a say in it.
Also say you force that person tpo carry that child how you gonna do that?.
Tie them up....if the woman doesn't want the child you can't force her...

edit on 29-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Do you carry that child? Does your body give that child anything in 9 months other than the sperm deposit? Do you go thru the pain of childbirth? If you answered no to all of them, why are we even discussing if you have rights. In this instance NO , no you do not. You can carry your right around with you in the form of a condom. If the female your gonna be with say's she want if you wear the condom, then you dont have to have sex with her do you? Sorry if I pissed you off with the big boy pants comment.Peace OYM1262 a reply to: Bone75

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Real men never need to tell others that they are real men.

Apparently I just did. Which hat are you wearing today?

Her body..the day men can carry kids is the day we have a say in it.
Also say you force that person tpo carry that child how you gonna do that?.
Tie them up....if the woman doesn't want the child you can't force her...

The same way I force you not to run around killing religious people... deterrent laws.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Again how? what laws? You will not stop a woman aborting the child if she has made her mind up
What you are suggesting is against the human rights of the women.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ia reply to: Bone75

Anyhow all your bleating isn't gonna change a thing.
Abortion is legal and it is upto the woman...not any man.
So all this is iseless drivel.
Iam out.
Real men would accept its the womans choice and not force her to carry your child.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

He was prohibited from wearing a condom? Was he prohibited from getting a vasectomy? Was he prohibited from abstaining? What do you mean he has "zero input in decisions"?

SHE was prohibited from wearing a condom? Was SHE prohibited from getting a Hysterectomy? Was SHE prohibited from abstaining?

The woman can be careless and still have abortion as back up. What does men have? oh and lets not throw condom responsibility on men alone, thinking that only men are interested in sex,

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Real men would accept its the womans choice and not force her to carry your child

The issue i have with this whole double standard is that.. women can walk away and men cant.

and Women have the sole choice to ruin men's life, when both are actually at fault for doing the deed.

Need someone sort of sex prenup agreement!
edit on 5/29/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Yeah but it is tough isn't it.
Other than tieing her up you just can't force her.
Been that way since we began. But if we want to treat women the decent way we have to accept it is their choice.
Like I said my 2nd wife aborted my baby but I accept that it was her choice and despite me wanting kids at the time it was the best choice.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Do you carry that child? Does your body give that child anything in 9 months other than the sperm deposit? Do you go thru the pain of childbirth? If you answered no to all of them, why are we even discussing if you have rights.

I don't know about other state laws, but in Louisiana a woman can sue for child support all the way back to the day she found out she was pregnant. So yes the men of LA. by law contribute much more to the pregnancy than just their sperm.

In this instance NO , no you do not. You can carry your right around with you in the form of a condom. If the female your gonna be with say's she want if you wear the condom, then you dont have to have sex with her do you?

That door should swing both ways. If I wear the condom but express my feelings about abortion if the condom fails, she can just as easily choose to not have sex with me.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

What I want is the right to say "NO! YOU CANNOT KILL MY KID!"

So from one REAL MAN to another, tell me why I shouldn't have that right.

Forcing a woman to bear and birth a child takes away her governance of her own body.
Giving birth is more dangerous than having an abortion.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
Why is it OK for women to have the right to walk away from the responsibility of a child. But it is not OK for a man to have the right to walk away from the responsibility of a child?

If there is a pregnancy then both the man and woman are equally responsible because either one of them could have used birth control and prevented pregnancy. And therefore, if there is a child - born or not yet born, both are responsible. In the matter of abortion, the woman isn't walking away from responsibility .... she's responsible for an abortion. It's on her, and yes I am more than sure she'll have to face her dead child in the afterlife. So she'll still be held responsible for her actions .. one way or another.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
SHE was prohibited from wearing a condom? Was SHE prohibited from getting a Hysterectomy? Was SHE prohibited from abstaining?

No. I'm not suggesting that abortion is her ONLY choice. It's ONE of the choices she has. This isn't a male vs female thing. Each party plays different roles.

The woman can be careless and still have abortion as back up. What does men have?

The man doesn't have a back up. That's why it's SO VERY IMPORTANT that he be absolutely certain a pregnancy won't result. Because he cannot have an abortion and once the woman is pregnant, his options are very limited. If you don't want to have a baby, you have the option to make certain it doesn't happen. You are not a victim here. Just because the woman has an additional option doesn't mean squat. Crying that "it isn't fair"!!!! doesn't get you anywhere.

It's NOT fair. Welcome to life. Talk to God about why he chose women to carry and birth the children.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
The issue i have with this whole double standard is that.. women can walk away and men cant.

Well, Boo-hoo.

and Women have the sole choice to ruin men's life, when both are actually at fault for doing the deed.

Oh, please! It's not women's sole choice! You were there, too. You had a choice. You didn't take it.

Need someone sort of sex prenup agreement!

That's not a bad idea. I doubt it would hold up in court, but if men want to be sure they don't get a woman pregnant, there are plenty of options.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join