It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the things that are wring with "The Matrix Reloaded"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think the new Matrix movie has worse overall science than Armageddon was based on.

Let's count the absurdities of story and science within the Matrix mythos.

I'll start the ball rolling with:

1- The "machines" get more energy out of a vegitized human body than was put into it.

2- The humans "scorched the sky" yet somehow there is still air for Zion (with no plant life?)

3- A giant pod-farm of humans is more efficient than a nuclear reactor at producing energy.

4- Zion is deep within the earth, but not too hot for humans (with open pits of lava visible... what about sulfur fumes?).

5- This is apparently one "Matrix" in a long series of versions... but I thought the "Matrix" had to be running for the humans-in-pods to produce energy... how did they transition from one to the other?

6- Neo reverts to pre-"The One" capabilities of the first movie.

7- Why a 8 minute fight scene when a rocket would solve the problem?

Who wants to add more. I'm sure our fine members could come up with a total of 99 absurdities within the Matrix that we could then get Simon to publish on his main site.

(I'll update this top-thread list as new items are added)

[Edited on 28-5-2003 by William]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ok.. At the end of the first movie, Neo has the ability to warp the machine code to his will - does not have to fight the Agents anymore.. he can destroy them from the within.. so what the hell is he doing reverting to his former consciousness and wasting his time fighting them??

btw the fight scenes were so incredibly boring.. I was yawning and wishing that some sort of decent story would kick in! Alas no!

I agree that this movie is one of the biggest let downs since the Phantom Menace, if not worse. Industrial smoke and mirrors strike again!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
But remember, at the end of the last movie, he was fighting the actual machines made by the matrix. In the big fight, Agent Smith is a virus, that broke away from the matrix. Maybe Neo can't fight that?

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'll get my brain working a little later, but in response to number 4 - If the humans "scorched the sky" then that would likely prevent the sun's rays from penetrating the different layers of cloud cover.

The effect of this could be a gradual drop in the temperature of the Earth's core as there is no longer a constant external heat source...

... therefore, Zion is only down so far that the temperament is tolerable to humans.

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by SimonGray]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Following on from Williams' comments, when The Architect states that Neo must choose 23 (I think, can't remember) people to keep Zion, new Matrix, blah blah going.... does that mean the rest of the population dies off, including those powering the machines?

So where do the machines get their power from?

Ahhh... to much philosophical babble... not enough TECHNOLOGY in a movie about the technological future. Why a 8 minute fight scene when a rocket would solve the problem...

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Because...It's poorly written mindless dribble that is posed to represent the state of the art computer generated CRAP that we can produce these days....

and most importantly of all...it's Science FICTION..although it just passes for entry into this category.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i have not seen this movie, i thought the first was garbage so i have no intention of contributing to their fat wallets. from what i'm reading it looks like i'm making the right call. so what bugs me is people that think this matrix flick is the greatest thing since sliced bread. i don't know that i would call the matrix and all its spinoffs science fiction, it takes away from science fiction, i would just call it garbage.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
Because...It's poorly written mindless dribble that is posed to represent the state of the art computer generated CRAP that we can produce these days....

and most importantly of all...it's Science FICTION..although it just passes for entry into this category.

C'mon... we're trying to come up with the 99 things wrong with the Matrix... you can do better than that!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
All I have to say ... Is how dare you!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
well, i didn't enjoy it. i guess it went down hill from the moment that they actually reached Zion. i found it more than a lil lacking in the story line department. there wasn't enough actual dialogue and interaction with each other. i think they just scribbled some lines down and called it a screen play. the last one was like that too but this one was way more noticable because i was expecting more than suddel glances, over acted facial expressions, and long dry speeches. they could have done so much more with those charaters. it was mad disappointing.

and so, i'm adding bad writing to the list.

side note:
I will see revolution only because i was so frustrated with the ending...it reminded me of those old school "to be continued" lines on your favorite prime time shows. soooo glad, i saw a bootleg copy and didn't go to the crowded movie theater.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have the creme de la creme of all Matrix absurdities.

Keanu Reeves. There is no explanation for this half-wit of a crappy actor. He should be on his knees, thanking the Matrix gods for carrying his monotone a$$ to stardom.

top topics

join