It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA Obama To Unilaterally Push Cap And Trade On Carbon Emissions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

My father was a very intelligent man, and a professor of LOGIC. You on the other hand can't read. His point which I said WAS the country would be BROKE. We know Bush and Co. cleaned the coffers pretty good, and if you deny ignorance long enough to get over yourself you would know that Obama was selected to be POTUS, he wasn't voted in. But that is another discussion on the quasi voting of the US.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think this is a good idea. Remember that there are other countries, and they can't afford the luxury of, if our country gets inundated, we'll move inland, so I think it's only fair that if other countries agree to certain issues such as not killing endangered species, not producing as much, etc. then the U.S should also do their part to conserve the world environment.

The problem most people have with this, I think, is how he went about this. However, what if the majority is wrong in this case? In addition, I believe that it takes 2/3rd for anything to pass, so even if the majority approves, it still might not go through. And global warming is not something that you can afford to be wrong. Like I've said, this isn't an issue like abortion, gay marriage, or most issues in Congress where it really doesn't matter who's right or wrong.

Finally, you can't always expect to do what you want, take drugs for example, many people would like to have a sniff, but they can't afford to do it, without fear of going to jail. Sometimes, you have to force people to adjust, and to me, this is one of the easiest problems to adjust to(one of which is that we are probably spending way too much time indoor), especially if you live in the U.S.
edit on 29-5-2014 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Except, to my knowledge, cap and trade or carbon credits is one of the few methods of creating an economy for carbon.

Climate change is real. In order to combat it, we have to "decouple" our energy and economic systems from carbon-intensive methods. This is becoming well accepted by economists, energy experts, a majority of climate scientists, many statistical analysts, development practitioners.

Also, to be clear, much of the world did NOT want to do cap and trade back in the 90's but the U.S. insisted on this in early negotiations. Many European countries wanted to do and did straight up carbon taxes, while reducing taxes on other economic activity so total taxes did not go up.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Next month the Obama Administration will successfully by-pass Congress (again for the um-teenth time) when anticipated EPA regulations will be announced.

The target: CO2

The victims: people as usual.

Yes sir, the cap & trade deals will be flowing faster than a new oil well.

Take a deep breath and hold on to your wallets when the bills come in postage due.

Much of this will be "State" based (with Federal mandates naturally) and some of it is already happening.

It sounds like some States have been using the "Executive Order" ploy to get this trap set.

The banks & brokers will love the master plan.

Despite being soundly rejected a few years ago, cap-and-trade will soon get its U.S. encore — but not in Congress. The Obama administration will likely use its executive power to unilaterally impose carbon dioxide emissions trading systems.

The Environmental Protection Agency will unveil regulations for existing U.S. power plants early next month. For months, onlookers have been speculating about what could be included in the EPA’s rule for existing power plants.

EPA To Unilaterally Push Cap And Trade On Carbon Emissions

We were warned in 2008 !!

Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (January 2008)

Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket

www.youtube.com...

B-O-N-G !!

Cap & Trade = Banks & Brokers

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here's the actual deal released Monday, June 2nd....

All 645 pages.

Carbon Pollution Emission Guidelines for Existing Stationary Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units

Get your wallets and loan applications ready.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Hoax? I don't know if its a hoax but its disinformation and the title is wrong.

You can read the report released today.

Check Mate.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Can you cite the unilateral push to cap and trade, please?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Can you cite the unilateral push to cap and trade, please?

In the proposed rules-regulations proposal released today....

pages 265, 266, 268 refer to Cap and Trade. (maybe more)

Carbon Pollution Emission Guidelines for Existing Stationary Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units

But they defer to the States because no Federal legislation has passed.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I can search a document too, but thanks.

I asked where the unilateral push to cap and trade is applied.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I can search a document too, but thanks.

I asked where the unilateral push to cap and trade is applied.

Page 97 has a better explanation.

Obviously, if something is being "offered" by regulation from an Executive Branch department that's under the control of the President, it must be "unilateral" yes?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Seems that there are various methods that may be used to reach the goals. And various ways to define those goals.

That would seem to be more of a negotiated position that a unilateral push to cap and trade.
edit on 6/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Well it seems that Obama will be using the power of his executive branch to push the Cap and trade after been defeated in congress like you poste earlier.

I guess you don't need a congress when the man in the house have all the power in his pen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join