It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama got his way. . .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
SM2

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

really? still blaming bush? LOL

So Bush is still expanding and extending the patriot act ?
Bush is off killing citizens with drones without due process? bush left office years ago, I think it is time you people actually let Obama take some responsibility for his administration's actions now.
I am about fed up with all the " well this is the first I heard about that" and " Bush did it" cop outs. I am not saying Bush was any better, but FFS man, give it a rest already .

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SM2

really? still blaming bush? LOL

So Bush is still expanding and extending the patriot act ?
Bush is off killing citizens with drones without due process? bush left office years ago, I think it is time you people actually let Obama take some responsibility for his administration's actions now.
I am about fed up with all the " well this is the first I heard about that" and " Bush did it" cop outs. I am not saying Bush was any better, but FFS man, give it a rest already .

Perhaps you need to re-read my response, or perhaps, giving you the benefit of the doubt, I didn't express it well enough. But never mistake my giving you the benefit of the doubt for stupidity, or lacking in conviction…..
For, what I meant to say was, no president, really, is in control of anything, whatsoever. He/she is only a figurehead….and for that, they have my sympathy, really. The military industrial complex nominates and elects them long before the citizen electorate does….and if no one here knows that, we are way behind the eight ball on it….
for this is the way of things spelled long ago…..
the pentagon invested in the pentagram……

It's not really about Bush, Sr., Bush/Cheney…But I've given enough example to show that's set up situation.
This, again, is why I don't participate in political forums. It should be obvious, now, IMHO, that we are living in a politically divided atmosphere to further the control of us…..
If you don't see what I'm saying, then I should respectfully bow out, and you should stop addressing me, for I've stated what is obvious and though you might see it as only my opinion, the two of us can get nowhere with debating it…..
Respectfully,
Tetra50

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
We'd wake up and grab our passports and stand at the bank until it opened and close our accounts.
If possible we'll stay long enough to sell our personal belongings, if not, So be it, one home is all ready rented and we can rent this home through the same agency.
Mr. g will have notified the office of personnel management to reroute his checks to our secondary account at the Bank of Beijing and we'll move to our condo in China.
Why you ask?
Freedom, there won't be any!
a reply to: beezzer

edit on 28-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
We'd wake up and grab our passports and stand at the bank until it opened and close our accounts.
If possible we'll stay long enough to sell our personal belongings, if not, So be it, one home is all ready rented and we can rent this home through the same agency.
Mr. g will have notified the office of personnel management to reroute his checks to our secondary account at the Bank of Beijing and we'll move to our condo in China.
Why you ask?

Pretty sad when the bastion of "Freedom" becomes either China OR Russia don't ya think?

But hey! You and Mr. G at least can see the writing on the wall.................

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: guohua
Why you ask?

Pretty sad when the bastion of "Freedom" becomes either China OR Russia don't ya think?

But hey! You and Mr. G at least can see the writing on the wall.................

Yes My Friend, mr. g. has been planning for a long while. We're to old to fight in the trench's any more, we'd just be a burden on you younger folks, all we have to offer is our knowledge.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Keep the ball rolling from the past presidents, not much has changed with american policys since Johnson was president.

Keep the middle class paying for wars and bailouts, and pick on the poor and immigrants.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
people think money means anything; people are convinced somehow a small government would make things better; they always leave room for the military of course.

people think that they're is a way out, either through some misguided attempt to overthrow the government, or by some misguided attempt to correct the system into a better one.

I don't see either as even remotely plausible.

You know why the military industrial complex is so damn successful? it gives people jobs

jobs making things
working in factories
designing stuff
developing technologies,

I think at best we might be able to place high enviromental regulations/taxes that gradually make it cheaper to harvest rare-earth metals from space, and then subsidizing a space industry that actually is profitable, and can take up many of the same workers and factories that a downsizing military would leave useless. In this sense it would basically prohibit the reckless stripmining/rape of the earth going on presently.

sure some jobs in the stripmining industry would be lost, but those workers would likely get sucked up into working on now economical launch vehicles.

did you know: the reason space is so expensive has to do with a launch rate; picture an air-port where planes launch at a rate of 1-2 a month; thus each flight needs to pay for the upkeep of the airport.

that was a tangent though; Its late and I'm rambling

but then again we have people who think that things have to make sense from the perspective of money actually existing and work actually being meaningful and efficiency of cost being actually important, none of which are true in the real world, what matters is the distribution of resources.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Youd wake up at the gitmo beach spa and resort or at fema funland if obama had his way ..that is if he didnt send his regards via drone first ...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hmmmm where to start how about the 422 tax hikes he tried to pass since taking office not including the 20 that sre signed in under the Obama care act.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What I'd really like to see is the progressive crowd giving their opinion of what things would look like.

General consensus seems to indicate that it would be a cloudy future, to say the least.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The man??? Don't know him, don't hate him.

What do I hate??? His policies, actions, leanings, background, decisions, willful violation of the law, violations of the Constitution and so on.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

YES!....You would have less freedoms...but your alarm clock did not wake you up it was knock at your door from either the NSA,TSA or U.N. troops to hand over all your guns and ammunition.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My paltry wealth that I have worked so hard for over the years would be given to his supporters to ensure their perpetual support, and I would be labeled a "racist" for complaining about it.
edit on 5/29/2014 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yay, critics masturbathon! Come on, give us all you got!

Really, you wouldn't miss a thing. And maybe the world would be better off.

Man, I love this website! You want to know what hard-conservatives want to know? Just ask here. Yes, I think that you are not liberals or even defending the constitution.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Just as free as I was?
Freer than I was?
Or would I wake up with less freedoms?

I'd wake up in hell ... No freedoms of course.
Oh .. they'd make a show of it claiming we all still had freedoms.
But there wouldn't be. None.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
And if you dont hate him why go in nearly every thread that starts with obama and bash him non stop,

Because what he does deserves to be bashed. Just like Bush43 deserved to be bashed for the stupid things he did. Just like whoever is voted in for POTUS in 2016 will be bashed for the stupid things he/she does.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Yay, critics masturbathon! Come on, give us all you got!

Really, you wouldn't miss a thing. And maybe the world would be better off.

Man, I love this website! You want to know what hard-conservatives want to know? Just ask here. Yes, I think that you are not liberals or even defending the constitution.

What is your opinion nthen.

I know what you think of me, but you never answered the question.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

When facts fail Obama supporters...

They will immediately go to their fallback position.

Attack the question and insinuate that you are racist for even asking.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Whu? I didn't say anything about you, beezzer.

My answer was given: the world would be a better place.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Whu? I didn't say anything about you, beezzer.

My answer was given: the world would be a better place.

How so?

I figured this would be a perfect oppourtunity for many to show me how wrong I am in my thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join