It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama gets icy reception at West Point

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:43 AM
a reply to: charles1952

Not even remotely was it inspiring. Not even remotely was it breathtaking. ...his ability to inspire, or take my breath away never existed.

I watched it, and I took away the same thing as some here did. He attempts to compare himself favorably with George Washington? Really? That sort of hubris is, indeed breathtaking...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:01 AM

Deserves some emphasis:

I'm tired and babbling, but I just had another thought. We all know that Chicago is a Democrat City, because of their extensive cemetery records. If they can set up dead people to vote, why can't we elect dead politicians? Boy, could I get behind a Reagan - Thatcher ticket. And if anyone says Thatcher can't run, she's not a citizen, I will smile and point to Obama's picture.

Or, how about a Madison - Jefferson ticket? Their campaign would largely be "What have you bleepin' bleepers done to the decent country we left you?" Their first move would probably be to undo everything done in the last 20 years, cut government spending by 90%, and impeach at least half of Congress.

Though alas . . . even Reagan and Thatcher no doubt played their globalist stooge roles. At least they seemed to have a heart and SOME patriotism.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:57 AM
guess this puts to sleep the fears some
posters have expressed about whether
the military would obey the CIC to
disarm/fire upon American citizens.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:15 AM

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: beezzer

Do you honestly think Obama sits in his chair, strokes a cat and cackles like an evil villain from a movie?

Ummm...Yes..................................Yes...that is exactly the image any mention of him brings to mind...But then again...I'm just a knuckle dragging lowbrow domestic terrorist whose only reasonable expectations are racist homophobia with a sprinkling of hatred and vitriol.....

Because.....dontcha kno.................that's what simple disagreement....really...defines

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:38 PM

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama is obviously a man who does not like America.

Really? What gave it away?

He should be hanged for that alone

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:44 PM
makes me sad,,
and feel like this,,,

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:33 AM

the speech, and i watched it in its entirety, was oatmeal mush.
it was progressive liberal pablem spoon fed to the TV audience to
demonstrate how powerful of a speaker he is.

The chilly reception, based on a deep mistrust of the CIC by the candidates was obvious.

The CIC merely watered down the foreign policy kool aid even more than it currently is. He has no foreign policy and this speech merely floundered and groped and flailed and drowned any smidgen of hope that the CIC knows what he is doing.
It will serve to embolden out true enemies, discourage and disillusion our true allies and further harden the disrespect and distrust the military leadership harbors for Obama.

He has purged senior officers over the course of the last five years and offered today's graduates the possibility of leading the world from the front seat of the bus, but not the drivers seat, the seat behind the "community" of nations we are going to command through the UN and NATO.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:58 PM
a reply to: spirited75

Dear spirited75,

I'm going to admit something to you that I'm ashamed of. Feel free, any ATS members who have disputed with me to fling this back in my face. I deserve your criticism.

For years I have disagreed with Obama's policies. That's nothing special, lots and lots of people do. "Here!" I would say, "That's a really awful decision," and I could find tens of millions (at least) who would shout "Amen! Preach it Brother!" But I'm not there anymore.

I've come to the point, sometime in the last three or four months, where it is no longer accurate to say that I believe he makes bad decisions. It is far more accurate, in my mind, to say "He is a bad man." The difference between those two positions is vast.

If this makes any sense, I no longer see him as a person who lies, I see him as a liar. That is who he is, deep inside. Oh, he has other characteristics I feel the same way about, but one is enough.

I truly hate to believe this, but I do believe that outside of God's mercy and intervention, our president has no hope.

This is tucked into a relatively minor thread at midnight on a Saturday. Yet it is one of the most consequential and revealing things I have written. Pray for me. May God have mercy on my soul.

With respect,

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:34 PM
"He seemed to be stumbling and bumbling and appeared to be very uncomfortable. I wonder why that is ? "

Well perhaps the fact that he is trying to reduce military numbers might be one reason they were less than enamored. Or perhaps his past record of debacles like Bengazi.

You know, there's something in me that wants to like my president, rally behind him, and hope that he will fare well in the world stage..... but not with 0bama. He has constantly Lied from the start of being in office. Has destroyed confidence in the office of president, and made people cautious in even listening to him. Peoples lives are not better or improving because of 0bamacare, or is employment improving. Entitlements have grown, those dependent on the government has grown, causing unsustainable dependency for both citizens and our treasury. He has spent monies we don't have on the worst kind of uses like foreign terrorist organizations. And always its followed with Lies, obfustication or subtrafuge.

I would actually think a large number of the cadets would have a feeling of contempt for him.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>