It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gets icy reception at West Point

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Even Christian Amanpor CNN correspondent immediately stood up afterward and panned Obama as wasting a golden opportunity to make an impression...

The "con-job" Chicago politics is finally exposed for the world to see.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I saw the title of the thread and who authored it, and even then, thought, "Oh jeez, gonna hafta disagree with xuenchen tonight!"

I mean, every second term president has a lag in popularity (except Reagan) and Obama can't be popular all the time to everyone. And as much as I disagree with the progressive policies of Obama, I was going to stand up for him.

Then I read the link.
Then I watched the video.

Obama goes to West Point and craps on George Washington?

Obama is obviously a man who does not like America.
he does not like the Constitution.
He does not like The Bill of Rights.

He will use the Constitution, HIDE behind The Bill of Rights to remove as many freedoms as he can.
He will use our government to weaken our government until we are no better than any country with a tin-pot dictator raping the masses.

What?

At least since George Washington served as Commander-in-Chief, there have been those who warned against foreign entanglements that do not touch directly on our security or economic wellbeing.
Today, according to self-described realists, conflicts in Syria or Ukraine or the Central African Republic are not ours to solve. And not surprisingly, after costly wars and continuing challenges here at home, that view is shared by many Americans.
A different view from interventionists from the left and right says that we ignore these conflicts at our own peril; that America’s willingness to apply force around the world is the ultimate safeguard against chaos, and America’s failure to act in the face of Syrian brutality or Russian provocations not only violates our conscience, but invites escalating aggression in the future.

And each side can point to history to support its claims. But I believe neither view fully speaks to the demands of this moment

That's crapping on George Washington? I thought for sure that there would be something of substance. Could you please point to the part where he disparages Washington? He basically said:

"All the way back to the very first President, some people have said x but others said y, but I'm hedging my bet."

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: beezzer

That's racist. Why do you use a Darth Vader helmet instead of a Storm Trooper helmet? And why is Obama's hand white?

You know I couldn't resist teasing you Beezzer. I actually agree with you here. I don't think Obama is as in love with America as a lot of America is with him.

Look who was the first to race bait. Lovely.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm gonna be 46 soon. I can clearly remember celebrating Washington's birthday as a holiday . When Congress debated which holidays to remove when MLK Jr. day was in the works it was decided that Washington and Lincoln's birthdays would be combined into President's day, and Columbus day would remain. I clearly remember my Grandfather, a Pacific theater WWll vet, exclaiming "wtf does Christopher Columbus have to do with the United States of America?". Now Obama denigrates his legacy , while at the same time knowing he will always have a holiday, President's day, to honor him? How far the mighty really have fallen. Do we really have any hope any more?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Basically, Obama was saying Washington was a good president, but not as smart or as erudite is himself (Obama) to see the true nature of world politics.

I don't think so.

I think Obama implied that he was better at being president than Washington.

+1 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That's racist. Why do you use a Darth Vader helmet instead of a Storm Trooper helmet? And why is Obama's hand white?

You know I couldn't resist teasing you Beezzer. I actually agree with you here. I don't think Obama is as in love with America as a lot of America is with him.

ME! IT WAS ME!!

It was also a joke... No where near race baiting. Why don't you learn to laugh a little? Shiit's not that serious. Seriously.
edit on 5/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Obama is obviously a man who does not like America.

Really? What gave it away?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I find it utterly shocking that he doesn't get an icy reception every where he goes...

He doesn't because he usually chooses to surround himself with people that he knows like him. It propagates an illusion that he is doing a good job. I guess, now that his campaigning is over, he figures he "has more flexibility".

edit on 28-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Agreed.

And I will posit a question.

If I went to sleep tonight, and over night, Obama got to enact every law, every wish that he desired for America, would I wake up;

Just as Free as I was?
Freer than I was?
Or would I wake up with less freedoms?

You would wake up with with the ultimate Nightmare of all nightmares!!
And the bad thing about it would be, that you would not be able to pinch and shake yourself awake to remind you that it was all, just a dream

Obama being at West Point had to make him very uncomfortable to begin with anyway, and then to add a chilling reception, well, that is kinda letting Obama know that he is not at home there

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Basically, Obama was saying Washington was a good president, but not as smart or as erudite is himself (Obama) to see the true nature of world politics.

I don't think so.

I think Obama implied that he was better at being president than Washington.

You get all that from this?

At least since George Washington served as Commander-in-Chief,

Where is there an opinion expressed either way about Washington? Where's this comparison?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Awwww...you need a hug...don'tcha....

It's not easy work propping up a 100 ton stumbling elephant in the room...is it...

There...hope you feel all better now...

Des

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That's 2 buddies just playing around....not to be taken literally
Kangaruex always mixes humor in with their replies as does beezzer

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Awwww...you need a hug...don'tcha....

It's not easy work propping up a 100 ton stumbling elephant in the room...is it...

There...hope you feel all better now...

Des

That's why I like you Des. Always looking out for others. I was going to throw in some chocolates, but since I have been accused of race baiting maybe chocolates aren't appropriate. Maybe I'll send some white chocolates... Special dark even. I don't know yet.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
dp
edit on 28-5-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Now you're just being disingenuous. If you got unicorns and rainbows from the speech, then more power to you.

(I hope you didn't faint)

I got something completely different.

But don't you DARE try to define WHAT I got my interpretation from!

edit on 28-5-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

My apologies...

edit on 28-5-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Now you're just being disingenuous. If you got unicorns and rainbows from the speech, then more power to you.

(I hope you didn't faint)

I got something completely different.

But don't you DARE try to define WHAT I got my interpretation from!

I asked you to point out what words specifically referenced Washington in a negative light or drew a comparison between Washington and Obama. You've yet to do so. Those are the facts. I'm not sure what the melodramatic feigned outrage was in relation to.

I'm simply asking for you to cite what you're basing your opinion on.

edit on 2014-5-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You saw the same speech, read the same words as I did.

If you cannot discern from what we both read, then reiterating it would be pointless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join