It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gets icy reception at West Point

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The Commander in Chief, President Barack H. Obama spoke at West Point today.

However, the "reception" was less than what would have been at a Global Warming conference !!

He seemed to be stumbling and bumbling and appeared to be very uncomfortable.

I wonder why that is ?

He did however mention something about George Washington.

Even CNN was shaken in a report they aired.

Obama gave his anti-military propaganda policy speech at West Point. Those in attendance weren’t impressed. It was so bad that even the leftist hacks at CNN noticed the ‘icy’ reception Obama got at West Point.

Obama gets icy reception at West Point

President Obama was welcomed by the Black Knight of the Hudson for his speech at West Point on Wednesday, but less than 25 percent of the cadets gave him a standing ovation upon his introduction, the Daily Mail reported.

“Receiving tepid applause and a short standing ovation from less than one-quarter of the audience upon his introduction, Obama argued for a contradictory foreign policy that relies on NATO and the United Nations while insisting that ‘America must always lead on the world stage,’ the paper reported.

Ouch: Less Than 25% of West Point Cadets Stood Up For Obama After He Was Introduced

Uhh, is it a good idea to be quibbling with George Washington while speaking at West Point?

Addressing the graduating class of the United States Military Academy, President Obama today lumped George Washington in with modern isolationists and quite clearly said the general’s thinking no longer applies:

Obama: George Washington is Old Hat

Obama at West Point: America Must Lead the World

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I watched that speech. Definitely weak sauce. I imagine many of the Cadets didn't even want to attend. Does his speechwriter even know who he is going to be speaking too and a given day?

+21 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I saw the title of the thread and who authored it, and even then, thought, "Oh jeez, gonna hafta disagree with xuenchen tonight!"

I mean, every second term president has a lag in popularity (except Reagan) and Obama can't be popular all the time to everyone. And as much as I disagree with the progressive policies of Obama, I was going to stand up for him.

Then I read the link.
Then I watched the video.

Obama goes to West Point and craps on George Washington?

Obama is obviously a man who does not like America.
he does not like the Constitution.
He does not like The Bill of Rights.

He will use the Constitution, HIDE behind The Bill of Rights to remove as many freedoms as he can.
He will use our government to weaken our government until we are no better than any country with a tin-pot dictator raping the masses.

+5 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I find it utterly shocking that he doesn't get an icy reception every where he goes...

I think his glittering facade is starting to show some signs of wear and tear. The sad thing is, is that even if it completely crumbles and falls he will STILL have people falling at his feet with praise.

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What did they expect from a guy who hates the country that voted him into office...treats our Vets like mongrel dogs, and probably would have preferred to be on a golf course, than at west Point.

Des

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Do you honestly think Obama sits in his chair, strokes a cat and cackles like an evil villain from a movie? That's the mental picture anti-Obama people paint in my mind.

"Yes...yes...good, excellent. My power grows stronger each day! Here here, bring me more of the Constitution from the National Archives for the bathroom...I'm out of toilet paper! Mwhahaa!"

Honestly, that's how the people I know that don't care for Obama come off in my opinion.

Although, it would be cool if he had a super high wingback chair and a black cat like Dr. Claw....

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

When are these oligarchs going to learn that respect is earned?

Never mind, too many people worship them to make a difference anymore.......sigh

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I picture him stroking his hypoallergenic dog with a tuxedo tshirt on so it lets you know that he's formal... but he likes to party.

edit on 5/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Convince me I am wrong.

Please.

Tell me that the president doesn't hate the Constitution and America. Give me examples.

Show me where he endorses freedoms and liberties.

I'm all ears!

(get it?. . . . . all ears?)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Did I miss something ?

I watched the video from my phone ...and I didn't notice anything abnormal really....
The video seemed be cut in certain parts ..

Were people expecting applause on certain key points in his speach?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A lot of people insisted Obama was so far below any known standards of qualification of being president before even being elected, but not a lot listened because they needed someone corrupt like Obama to achieve all the criminal goals we have seen the backers and the players behind the Obama administration accomplish so far.

This speech just shows what a complete ass and failure he is at running a country within the bounds of constitutional law that he hates being confined by.

He might be better suited as a tour guide or as a grocery store clerk, or some other job that doesn't include the need to direct the future of a nation. In his role in directing the future of America, he has destroyed any hope of a good future for our children, and their children's children. Not to mention how minorities in America are now more impoverished than they were before he became president.

This is embarrassing to read about this speech. Imagine how it makes other countries feel about America.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's racist. Why do you use a Darth Vader helmet instead of a Storm Trooper helmet? And why is Obama's hand white?

You know I couldn't resist teasing you Beezzer. I actually agree with you here. I don't think Obama is as in love with America as a lot of America is with him.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Why?

Because they're a captive audience. He intellectually raped those cadets. If there's one thing I detest about the military system ... it's that you can't walk away when you disagree wholeheartedly.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Agreed.

And I will posit a question.

If I went to sleep tonight, and over night, Obama got to enact every law, every wish that he desired for America, would I wake up;

Just as Free as I was?
Freer than I was?
Or would I wake up with less freedoms?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Agreed.

If I went to sleep tonight, and over night, Obama got to enact every law, every wish that he desired for America, would I wake up;

Just as Free as I was?
Freer than I was?

You and I both know the answer to that Beez. You would not only wake up with less freedoms, I would hazard a guess that you would wake up wondering if you were still in America at all.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Obama's venue wasn't proper for that speech. It'd be like your boss telling you there isn't much calling for your line of work that you got educated for, while you're wondering how to pay the loans off tossing burgers.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Agreed.

Just as Free as I was?
Freer than I was?

Hmmm.

I would fear "No Freedoms".

This is Obama's "Constitution" & his "Bill of Rights":

+2 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Agreed.

Just as Free as I was?
Freer than I was?

As freely as you've expressed your less than stellar opinion of him...you wouldn't wake up at all, under that pile of drone rubble...

Nor would I ...

Des

+6 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

C'mon Des, Obama would never use a drone to attack an American citi-. . . . wait, what?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
O brother!!

I can't watch this buffoon any longer.

I just don't know what to say at this point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join