It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO experience 24/5/2014 Samana Dominican Republic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I arrived home this Tuesday and have been contemplating whether to post this or not as I didn't get any pics (and we all know how the saying goes)

So here's my story, take it or leave it.

I was out on a quad bike expedition just outside Samana (8-10 people).
As we were going through the forest/woods whatever, 1 of the group pointed out something just hovering above the trees.
Roughly 100 feet ahead maybe 15ft above the trees was a bright elliptical object. The object was maybe 20-25ft in length, perfectly symmetrical and looked as though it was made of polished chrome. I could see the reflection of the trees below it in the mirror finish.
I just couldn't stop looking at it. It was revolving on it's central axis at around 2 revolutions per second. I couldn't see any markings e.g portholes, insignia, bulges, lights etc (perfect bright sunlight so could see every detail).
This thing was amazing, I scrambled to pull my mobile out of my pocket (galaxy S4) panicking to put my password in and selecting my cam app and set it to burst mode as I looked up the object had moved about 10ft to our left. I though f*ck me this is going to be the best UFO shot anyone has ever seen. As I lifted my phone up to take the shot, the object accelerated at the most incredible speed (from moving my phone from shoulder to head height the object was gone). Everyone in the group was just looking at each other gobsmacked, no one could believe what had just happened.
All of the people on the trip saw the object, a few of them just denied seeing anything but you just couldn't miss it. It was so close and undeniably physically there I couldn't believe their denial.
We got back to the hotel, and I was buzzing but the other witnesses were just passing it off as though it was a joke and some just totally denying seeing anything. This really p*ssed me off so I didn't mention it again to them.
Anyway the next day as I was sat around the pool a guy walked past wearing a ufo/ovni t-shirt with investigation (Spanish equivalent) on the rear. He never came asking me questions or any of the other witnesses (as far as I'm aware) but I presume he was looking into the sighting.

As I write this I still tremble at the thought of the incredible sight I saw. I've had a few sighting before, even a black triangle at close quarters but nothing of this clarity.
If I'd have got the shot off there would be no denying the evidence, this was not a drone, balloon, quadcopter, sun, moon, blurd (phage
). It was a solid mirror finished 20-25ft elliptical flying saucer. There was no sound, no rustling of the trees, no sonic boom, no jet wash. This object just accelerated from a stationary position to out of sight in a split second.

I just hope some of the other witnesses come forward or the investigator finds some other evidence.

This my story just to get it on record.
edit on 28/5/2014 by UKWO1Phot because: slit to split

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wow! Sounds like quite an experience!
What amazes me is the variety of objects being seen now days; oval, round, cigar, triangle. Will we ever figure out what's going on?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
So it was perfectly symetrical and lacked any kind of detail? Just pollished mirror? No small details of any kind?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have had a few sightings of UFO's, with multiple witnesses, and observed similar reactions from them afterward. Most don't want to talk about it at all. I find this tendency perplexing and frustrating. I don't know if they are afraid of being perceived as crazy, or if there is something deeper and more disturbing involved.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot
That must have been intense! I wonder why the other people acted so differently? Maybe something was said between each other, that you didn't hear, to play down the situation because of the tourist (you)

I've seen a UFO myself & there is no way I would have been able to get it on film with my crummy phone when it was super dark & the object was high up.

It seems like there is a lot of activity going on.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

Nothing. I could see it in perfect daylight with nothing obscuring my view. With most reports I've ever read there is like a sphere in the centre. This was just a perfect elliptical shape which I could see rotating therefore seeing all sides with maybe 5ft rounded edge.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Margana

I had a few different cameras with me on holiday including a Lytro. Because I was out trekking I didn't have it with me and in any case I doubt I would have caught it even if I'd have had my dlsr with 250mm lens with me.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot

Nothing. I could see it in perfect daylight with nothing obscuring my view. With most reports I've ever read there is like a sphere in the centre. This was just a perfect elliptical shape which I could see rotating therefore seeing all sides with maybe 5ft rounded edge.

So there were no seems, bolts, or components that differed in any way from the mirrored surface?

Was it wobbling?
edit on 28-5-2014 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Margana

Everyone was a tourist besides the guide.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

A perfect mirror finish. I could see the palm trees reflecting on the base it was that close to the tops.
No wobble, just spinning approx 2 revs per second. Perfectly still.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If it was totally featureless, and symetrical, and it wasn't wobbling, how were you able to tell it was spinning?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The way it caught the light and how close it was you could just notice the spin.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well I for one believe your story, I think I would be probably quite afraid like the time I saw one (different type -egg shaped matt finish) but never the less demonstrated the same cavalier attitude toward air safety, and fear mongering amongst innocent by standers. By having no lights or strobe they are a hazard to other airspace users, and lets face it it’s no good them preaching about nuclear missiles, shutting down silos and warning us about ruining the planet when they show such a disregard for even the minimum air safety requirements. Fortunately most have lights of a sort, I suppose it’s a case of a few ruining it for the rest. I hope I’m wrong.

Thanks for sharing your story

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Can you post a google maps of the location, maybe military bases near the area? As I am not familiar with any of the surrounding areas it would be nice to get kind of a visual. Thanks!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
Roughly 100 feet ahead maybe 15ft above the trees was a bright elliptical object. The object was maybe 20-25ft in length, perfectly symmetrical and looked as though it was made of polished chrome. I could see the reflection of the trees below it in the mirror finish.

Not many people get to see authentic flying saucers. A photo would have been nice, but it's difficult to expect anyone to take their eyes off such a thing long enough to go get a good camera.

A fleeting glance at a larger reality.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I have had a few sightings of UFO's, with multiple witnesses, and observed similar reactions from them afterward. Most don't want to talk about it at all. I find this tendency perplexing and frustrating. I don't know if they are afraid of being perceived as crazy, or if there is something deeper and more disturbing involved.

I could be very possible that they didn't actually see it. It might have been too far beyond their ability to comprehend that their brains just couldn't process the sight of it.

A common feature of UFO sightings is people describing what should be the same object quite differently, or not at all. This kind of thing would tend to suggest that the link between each individual's perceptions and their reality is a lot more "personalized" than we assume.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I am intrigued by your reply.

This kind of thing would tend to suggest that the link between each individual's perceptions and their reality is a lot more "personalized" than we assume.
]

Is this the same thing that happens when someone experiences a traumatic event, and how the brain makes up its own memories and images to block certain things? or something along those lines?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Several months ago, I read some MUFON reports describing the same thing. I can't remember if it was in the Four Corners area of Arizona/Utah/Colorado/New Mexico or in Washington State. This if very intriguing. Can you give coordinates as to where you were?
How did you notice the object in the first place as you were riding your quad?

Kratos

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

We are accustomed to identifying helicopters, planes, and jet fighters. We see those every day. When I first saw the B2 bomber in flight several years ago, it took me several minutes to comprehend what I was looking at. It didn't help that this thing was flying low and slow and almost looked like it was floating.

Kratos

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I had one sighting with two other people, a close range sighting. One of them was left literally dumbstruck. He was just stuck staring staring at the sky, unable to speak for several minutes. I finally had to slap him in the face to snap him back to his senses. All he could remember was "lights...there were lights everywhere." I am still at a loss to describe what I saw. The best I can describe it is like a rave party inside a circus tent flying over. It was close enough that I could have thrown a rock and hit it. The lights were flickering and blinding. For a brief moment, in between flickers, I thought I saw a shape like a sphere with a cylinder protruding from the side, like a fishing bobber. It was very disorienting. Neither of these people will speak of it to this day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join