It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is going on: Rogue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Whether you believe life to be coincidence, inevitable or a gift the one unarguable thing is something is going on.
I tend to sway more on the Good v Bad, Nothing = Something.

This to me sways the creator argument. When we discuss infinity and possibilities something happened that fixed this universe/paradox.

Was this the only possibility because of some type of balance, if it was a choice? I sway again on choice.

I see that choice as a little more cheeky than religions give it. Like a finger up to everything opposing it.

How something is going on is quite mind blowing but that is the thing we should be thanking (or cursing).

Its like every turn this rogue sticks its tongue out and laughs:

But there is nothing: Nope, there is something thanks
But then there is everything: Nope again, only what I choose
But then its predictable: LOL what about life

More child like than father.

So where does that leave us, to choose if we like this rogue, to follow its lead and defy our boundaries?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What??

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: guidetube

I think I'd modify your position a bit. It's not God, the Creator who is cheeky, rather Lucifer is like the first term boy who tells the Headmaster that he's doing a terrible job, and the boy can do better. As Lucifer continues to try, smashing up things now and then, God looks on smiling at the childish pranks with destruction and nothingness as their only goal.

Have I understood you?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

You seem to follow yes.

I will try make it clearer...

We cant argue that things exist only contemplate they why.
In this existence we see/feel things that point to higher forces at play such as the struggle between good and bad.
To me it seems like there was some natural balance that a rogue entity broke from creating this existence. Possibly constrained by the original balance or contrary to it.

I suggest that its possible that God is neither Good nor a jealous Devil but more of a rogue, risk taker or even chancer.

Although I still see this rogue with good intentions. Possibly calling it child like was a derogatory.
More like the playful good guy than the strict father role.

We are told Gods laws but the way this existence is set up its more encouraging us to challenge than behave. Be good yes, but don't hold back on living.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Dear guidetube,

I'm not entirely sure how the Church would receive your view of reality, but I like it, if that's any consolation. And there is no question in my mind that God is definitely a risk taker, a rogue, or a chancer if you will. Just setting up the Universe with it's infinite balance and flow, "The Dance of the Cosmos," shows me that.

I remember the water into wine story. That's a good bloke to have around. And forgive me for the apparent blasphemy, but you can't get much more "Hell's Angels" than making a whip and beating the phonies in the temple until they had to run for their lives.

And I agree with you, God wants us to live. Was it Chesterton that said something like "Beer is proof of God's love for mankind?" Wine and feasts and singing are all part of the "Risk-taker" God who tells us to "Be not afraid?"

Oh, speaking about motorcycles, I just remembered about David's (Old Testament) motorcycle. "And the roar of David's Triumph was heard throughout the land."

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Nice and thanks

Church wouldn’t like this; it promotes wolves rather than sheep.

The old teachings are a little mixed perhaps. I see a strong reasoning that the way the story has been preached is a compromise between church and state. Church is allowed to curb the state and set morality with their Gods demands so long as they keep their followers in line.

I am troubled with believing the founders (of Gods religions) were truly trying to define God or were egotistical about their ideas. I don’t believe that God was physically present or miracles were happening but possibly they sensed and saw things that pointed to a Good god and what we are taught is their conclusions of this (possibly edited by state).

Gods laws preached for example are subjective, good for one way of life, possibly not for another. It’s up to us to define what is good and be thankful for that not presume it is demanded.

Life is a gift not a test.

If you want to be a sheep or a wolf it’s up to you not someone else. Appreciate the gift, point out the good but protect, share, explore and enjoy it.

We have a lot more to learn about God anyway.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
What??

Ummmm...yeah. I'm with schuyler on this one.

WHAT??????

I almost thought I was about to understand wtf the op was saying, but nope, it just didn't happen. Can anyone translate???

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The OP's author is asking ... should we see the 'trickster' god as the path to follow?

The OP's talking points ...

1] Something is going on! Check!

Because there is something going on it affects the argument of ...

2] There is a creator! Check! [this is the religious forum ok]

They then ask the same question Einstein does [they paraphrase him] ...

3] Did God have any choice in creating existence? [the OP's author personally feels that, yes God did have a choice in the matter!]

4] That God did have a choice in the matter is like a BIG INSULT to the normal running of things!

5] God gave that ability to choose to us in the form of free will! What are we to do with it?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

I think I'd modify your position a bit. It's not God, the Creator who is cheeky, rather Lucifer is like the first term boy who tells the Headmaster that he's doing a terrible job, and the boy can do better. As Lucifer continues to try, smashing up things now and then, God looks on smiling at the childish pranks with destruction and nothingness as their only goal.
Have I understood you?

You did indeed. Charles; lets say there is no tangible physical God, its conceptual only and realizes itself as being a binary field of energy/information organizing itself. Someone else created God in its OWN image; and that would be the human, not the other way around. In saying this if we are the byproduct of Gods introspection or the gathering of Itself to describe/express Itself ultimately creating the human as its best invention/intention; it would not take any credit for the polarities that exist within human nature (because it cant, its not a heavy material being only experiencing the human by proxy). Humans then are the ones that imbue God with the only thing they can, as it is within their limited experience; those confined to the "human attributes" of emotion, survival are unwittingly transposed upon that field of energy. I don't see the God field of 1s and 0s (information) looking at anything with amusement; its just trying to define itself; as there are many Demi-Gods existing between those steps of incarnation (lowering of frequency from the 9th to the 3rd) they are probably the ones snickering.
edit on 29-5-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Defining God isn't easy especially from your own thoughts on it.
It does seem God is attributed to be the creator more than not.
The debates range from how God came to be, his wishes, how we came to be, good, bad, morals and meanings to life and of course the afterlife.

I try to suggest that God was a break away which enabled our universe.
That the creation took the form it has, might have something to do with what was broken from, might have something to do with the meaning of life.

For me this existence encourages diversity, choices, individualism and harmony.
Diversity is new and exciting
Choices make individuals, unpredictability, consequence
Individualism creates more ideas, chance and opportunity
Harmony makes creating things easier

Its like a the total picture of existence including free will, physical constrictions is bound by certain restrictions for a reason, incredibly smart reasons and unbreakable reality. Such as free will and not knowing God which makes us have to choose which gives us free will.

I argue there is something wrong with religion today bordering it being lost to state.
edit on 30-5-2014 by guidetube because: (no reason given)

top topics

join