It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the time of darkness, a bright soul.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Anyone heard of Hidden Cash? link
Apparently, a very rich 'anonymous' person is just leaving envelopes of Cash around in various places in California. Seems like there's still atleast ONE rich person who don't mind giving back?

It really warms my heart that, in the middle of all this crazy that is our world, there is one person atleast trying to give back. Yes, it could be done much better. Yes, (s)he could pick people who actually -need- help. Blah blah. I can already visualize what people will say, but atleast this person is trying to do something kind for people (s)he doesn't know at all.

Blessed Be.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

I heard about this yesterday…

I perked up at first until I learned that this millionaire's generosity is limited to a hundred dollar find so far in the sand on a beach (at the time).

A hundred dollars on a whole beach? How much beach sand would you move to find a hundred bucks? I think he's clowning…

Prefer he be like that other eccentric that gave (handed) hundred dollar bills to down and outs in the city of somewhere, remember him? I don't have a link.

"Giving " it to the most in need instead of playing hide and seek "digging for dollars" games.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Very good point. Don't remember who you're talking about either. This could be done in such a better way. The largest i've heard about is a hundred and twenty attached to the side of a fire hydrant. I don't doubt that this persons intentions are good, but this could be done in a MUCH better way.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm kind of with you on this. It seems kind of patronizing to make it some kind of "hunt for dollars". I guess it would be one thing if we're talking thousands of dollars where people who really need it are involved. On the other hand, meh, I guess she can do whatever she wants with her money. It's not harming anyone in the very least.

edit on 28-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Again. Truth. Wouldn't it make more sense to find people who actually -need- the cash though? Instead of giving it to people you don't know do, or don't?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I don't doubt that this persons intentions are good…

Rich peoples intent, good? I dunno, maybe. These are drops from the bucket. Sounds more like promotion scheme to me. I can't claim to know the person or their heart. Look at this way, they got rich in Real Estate.

Now they are hiding tidbits of money around…to get even richer.

Yes, thank you… Of course i am generous, wanna see my newest "offering" (home for sale)? its a real "steal"… from foreclosure on some poor soul.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

It's not harming anyone in the very least.

Not yet. Wait till thousands of people dig up the city planters and boulevards in frantic search based on rumor mill.

Hey, that gives me an idea. Pssst…I heard she keeps her dough buried in her yard.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Wookiep

It's not harming anyone in the very least.

Not yet. Wait till thousands of people dig up the city planters and boulevards in frantic search based on rumor mill.

Hey, that gives me an idea. Pssst…I heard she keeps her dough buried in her yard.

Haha, good point.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

that's the same story I heard when i had to pick up trash on the highway. A local rich man would leave cash on the side of the road because he liked to see his city being cleaned up. It was bs it was just a way to get people to look forward to picking up trash and not getting paid for it. there was a fellow "worker" that went along with the story claiming that he found money. he did this to get special treatment from the Person in charge. He was allowed to pick up in shaded spots of the freeway while we all roasted in the sun. Any way point is stories that circulate like this must be taken with a grain of salt. Very rarely these days do people just do something nice for no reason at all.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

They interviewed the guy by phone...

He wants the focus on the act itself and what comes from it rather than himself being the story. He said what made him happy was seeing the people who found the 100 dollars in turn using that money to make others happy through their own random acts of kindness.

Those who find it must tweet the picture of the find.

As for the method he uses - Its his money and can hide it how ever he wishes. To complain about someone and how they give their money away seems a little problematic, even more so since he does not have to give the money away in the first place.

How far have we declined as a people when someone gets bitched at for hiding money for others to find instead of just handing directly to someone walking by? The expectation of ease is a problem.

edit on 29-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Doesn't it make you sick that so many people here are mad when good people give money away?

They are not mad at the fact he's giving it away but how he is doing it, what is the word I'm looking for....
Oh yea it's called the entitlement mentality.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Xcathdra

Doesn't it make you sick that so many people here are mad when good people give money away?

They are not mad at the fact he's giving it away but how he is doing it, what is the word I'm looking for....
Oh yea it's called the entitlement mentality.

Laziness also comes to mind....

Embarrassment in how my fellow citizens are bitching about free money and how its being given out also comes to mind.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There is a clip about on the internet somewhere...
A gentleman in his car phones a local take out place while parked across the street...
A couple of homeless guys are sitting outside...
He says to the take out place "we got a couple undercover agents outside could you perhaps drop them a couple drinks and burgers"!!!

It's a very generous & bold thing to do, but it worked like a treat!!!

As for the OP, "why"?... I'd go with the person just being generous, & I'm not going to pick faults with the "how"...
It's their money they can give it away however they like!!!
Fair play to them!!!

Peace everybody!!!

top topics

join