It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratified rock

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I could probably explain my views but seriously what is the point

Already there are probably 10 replys from people ready to ridicule my beliefs.

All that aside, this thing I am typing on is called the internet, you can go to this page called google and type in a sea.....

Why ask when you can look for yourself

and look at Rickymouses patronising reply to the OP, within 3 minutes of the post being put up

Its a sad situation when there can be no civil discourse, when ones intention is clearly to humiliate another.
This is no different to schoolyard bullying

edit on b2014Wed, 28 May 2014 23:14:57 -050053120143pm312014-05-28T23:14:57-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Here try this:www.sedimentology.fr...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch
Ats is about discussion and if I merely googled it, there would be no element of discussion now would there? Be bold my friend, you came to the thread for a reason, speak up. I'm not here to ridicule you.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf
Interesting. Although he seeks to invalidate contemporary geology, he never replaces it with a "correct" chronology.

edit on 29-5-2014 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: XxRagingxPandaxX

Here is a thought my friend
How about you take the initiative and study what creationists think in relation to your subject matter.
Spend some time considering it for awhile and try to understand their thoughts. I am not asking you to agree with then, just understand them
If you hit a stumbling block or an absurdity then fire of a question and open a civil discussion.

I once believed that all Catholicism was ludicrous, that every part of it was false. So what did I do.
Like you I first belittled and mocked it, then a friend suggested I study it.
Well surprise surprise.
I learned it wasnt all bad, not all of it just most of it

Now I can argue from a solid position my problems with Catholicism, you, you clearly know nothing about the subject the op is based on

There is no point in a discussion, you dont know what I believe and will, like "evolution" apply your understanding to the issue

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm curious, how have I belittled or mocked anybody?

edit on 29-5-2014 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
the answer is simple, god didnt create the earth

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i should maybe add that i studied 3 years of geology with an Earth Science degree which may make me a little bias. Or educated, take your pick.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

you hypocritical degenerate

Here is a thought my friend
How about you take the initiative and study what creationists think in relation to your subject matter.
Spend some time considering it for awhile and try to understand their thoughts.

you have patently done no such thing in the evolution threads

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

you hypocritical degenerate

you have patently done no such thing in the evolution threads

I have studied your beliefs, clearly I dont accept them

Calling me names, how typical of a superior.

There are questions you could tackle rather than resort to name calling, oh, is that to hard

I get the answers and I become an atheist, you can win

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
I made more than one point in second clause.....
the bible leaves room for strata
and "young earthers" were indeed compared to preschoolers

Only difference is that preschooler will learn more and learn that there is no Santa Clause or Tooth Fairy, while Young Earthers will still believe in all fairy tales...

They will always doubt science while taking Bible literately...
edit on 29-5-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

Its a sad situation when there can be no civil discourse, when ones intention is clearly to humiliate another.

No there can be no discourse when one's intention is to lie and ignore facts presented to you over and over.

You have shown you have absolutely no interest in anything that doesn't align with your superstitions.

This is no different to schoolyard bullying

Bullies don't usually use facts and information,they use fear and intimidation......not unlike a certain character featured in the bible...
edit on 29-5-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Bullies don't usually use facts and information,they use fear and intimidation......unlike a certain character featured in the bible...

What facts, I have seen nothing discussed in this thread, just questions asked to creationists and answers by atheists or non creationists.
There wasnt even a real question

www.probe.org...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I get the answers and I become an atheist, you can win

If that's your thinking you already know the evolutionists are right.

Are you asking to be left alone with beliefs you already know are wrong? Then all you have to do is close your browser window and walk away.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

What facts, I have seen nothing discussed in this thread, just questions asked to creationists and answers by atheists or non creationists.
There wasnt even a real question

www.probe.org...

Perhaps not in this specific thread, but they have been in a great many threads you've infected. And each and every time you've either lied or ignored the facts put to you.

And this is par for the course when it comes to creationism.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeReasonable

Damn, that is such a good post, you know, with all the effort you put into it and all... lol

Isn't the 6000 years based on Adam and Eve? The bible doesn't say how long the earth was around before God "dressed" it up for humans. The gap between the creation of the earth and the start of "dressing" it for habitation [DAY 1-6] is not mentioned. But science tells us it can be billions of years.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: BeReasonable

Damn, that is such a good post, you know, with all the effort you put into it and all... lol

Isn't the 6000 years based on Adam and Eve? The bible doesn't say how long the earth was around before God "dressed" it up for humans. The gap between the creation of the earth and the start of "dressing" it for habitation [DAY 1-6] is not mentioned. But science tells us it can be billions of years.

and it doesn't say how long they were in the garden either.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
But bible does say - next day...

Please either take it all literally or place book with rest of fairy tales in horror part of library.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph
You have stumbled upon the two major assumptions used to discredit

Assumption 1 all radioactive decay occurs at a constant rate

Truth we dont know yet see

m.phys.org...
Annd

Assumption 2 the sediment layers were layed down over millions of years instead of all at once

The truth we dont know. It could have been either. Take a large 5 gallon bucket and many types of dirt and rocks. Fill the bucket 1/3 dirt 1/3 water and 1/3 air. Shake well . Wait.

Layers will form as heavier comtents settle faster.

So x and I have never looked into the wiegth composition of the layers, but idk if anyone else has either

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxRagingxPandaxX
I'm just curious at to how the proponents of a 6,000 year old earth reconcile stratified rock formations?

I'm also curious about stars. How can we see stars and objects that are over 6000 light years away?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join