It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo landing clearences,a respect thing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Any of you that have read my posts will have probably noticed im one of those "what if" people,lol

well if lets say we havent been visited by ET's (although personally i think we have) if we believe that alien life forms exsist and did come to earth,then that would mean they would have to be of an intelligence level far higher in understanding and comprehension of intergalactic travel than we are and will probably have travelled to other planets outside of their home planet before visiting us....right?
Ok so bearing the above in mind when they entered are orbit it would only seem right that their advanced equipment would tell them we were monitoring them...meaning that they would have an idea that we were of a reasonble intelligence to build the machines to do this....it would then seem correct that they would enter into some sort of transmision asking wether or not they could enter our planets atmosphere and be given a designated landing zone.....ok?
Or you maybe of the belief that are goverments would issue them automatically a landing zone some where like area 51 etc ?

The point im making is if they took it upon themselves to just enter our planets atmosphere whenever they choose then they would be being rude! or this could be classed as a hostile action,therefore this means that ufo's that have been sited in our skys are here either with goverment permission? or dont really care what us citizens of earth really think about them and obviously dont find us threatning?

Does any one understand what im trying to say?

Regards.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yer man I understand, just a strange idea.....If you were that advanced would you think that they would really need for an excuse to go where they please, however, maybe if they do exist they try to keep out of distance, but with the weather changin all the time, maybe this is something that is becoming harder to accomplish.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
Any of you that have read my posts will have probably noticed im one of those "what if" people,lol

well if lets say we havent been visited by ET's (although personally i think we have) if we believe that alien life forms exsist and did come to earth,then that would mean they would have to be of an intelligence level far higher in understanding and comprehension of intergalactic travel than we are and will probably have travelled to other planets outside of their home planet before visiting us....right?

Wrong. No.

Honestly it is suprising that everyone on this board is supposed to be so open minded. You make too many assumptions. First off, if the above scenerio is, did, or would occur....yes I understand what you are saying and it does make sense. BUT!

I have another issue to point out here though. You say that a life form coming to this earth "must" be far superior to us "meek" humans. That is a ridiculous assumption. You know nothing about life outside this planet. You know nothing about how smart we are compared to it. You know nothing about how violent or how kind they would be. In plain terms, you know nothing about life outside the earth...at all. And neither do I for that matter. If you were truly open minded you would say..."isn't it possible that they could be more advanced than us?". Life outside the earth could be comprised of things we have never seen. Compositions of living matter that we could not comprehend yet. Maybe these life forms drift aimlessly through space feeding off of radiation from the light of multiple stars. Maybe this life form is a blod like gel that manages to hold together through a vacuum feeding of a rare different life form that we have never seen...that it finds once or twice every million years on its aimless drift through space. Maybe they are somewhat intelligent, for their own planet. There knowledge may have no bearing what-so-ever in our world. maybe they do have super advanced weapons that kill in their planet...because they find oxygen poisonous. Here on earth those weapons would be usesless. Maybe they have super-duper technology that allowed them to build a weapon that could destroy the entire world in a second....but it takes 10000 of our years to warm up, after all...who is to say what time frame creatures that travel billions of light years would use. Unfortunately...they have never seen a nuclear weapon...and can't defend against it so while they warm up to kill....we have 10 thousand years to figure out what they are doing. Then we destroy their supperior intelectual butts.

I could go on for a year.

So, no...none of that stuff you said holds any validity. It is a possibility, but no more possible than anything I just said. Have an open mind!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Have an open mind!

EH?.....if you read what i said properley then you would have read the bit where i stated there of an intelligence that has arrived to visit our earth ,not drifted through space and just turned up here and i stated that they had a better comprehension and the abilityof intergalactic travel that we dont!
I was talking about their craft that they travel in which (if you like) are no different than fighter aircraft or passenger planes that we have,just more advanced-there the same thing-they use them like we do for travel.

I was talking about protocol,nothing more!

Regards.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

Have an open mind!

EH?.....if you read what i said properley then you would have read the bit where i stated there of an intelligence that has arrived to visit our earth ,not drifted through space and just turned up here and i stated that they had a better comprehension and the abilityof intergalactic travel that we dont!
I was talking about their craft that they travel in which (if you like) are no different than fighter aircraft or passenger planes that we have,just more advanced-there the same thing-they use them like we do for travel.

I was talking about protocol,nothing more!

Regards.

Touchy touchy...

Here is what you said...quoted:
"well if lets say we havent been visited by ET's (although personally i think we have) if we believe that alien life forms exsist and did come to earth,then that would mean they would have to be of an intelligence level far higher in understanding and comprehension of intergalactic travel than we are and will probably have travelled to other planets outside of their home planet before visiting us....right? "

Should I disect this for you? All you said is "What if outside life came here...they would have to be more intelligent...right?" That is your hypothetical situation....everything following it is what you assumed would be true, BY NECESSITY. I simply, and correctly, stated the fact that you were thinking with a closed mind, and that you were wrong.

So, buddy, dont get so bent out of shape...and accept the constructive criticism. I know that you have never thought of the situations I gave to you....or you wouldn't have posted your thread the way you did. So take it as a lesson. I guarantee you will think more openly about it if you do.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Does any one understand what im trying to say?

Yes, but so far, the evidence we have suggests their motives are anything but cordial. In the past, they had no such restrictions on detection, so it makes MORE sense, that they simply try to avoid the detection whenever possible, to enjoy the same freedom of movement they had prior to our air defenses being in full swing....(which interestingly enough, were still fairly lacking after WWII, but then went full tilt soon after Roswell...
)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
optimus, I will try to follow your train of thought with an open mind and look past the things that you are being criticized over. After all, when we're talking ET's, for now it's mostly conjecture, assumptions or ideas anyways, until more positive proof is evidenced. Just kind of letting your mind wander a bit. I'm with ya, and understand you.

The point you are trying to bring out I think is interesting: that if an ET species is highly developed enough to get here in the first place, that chances are they have been to other planets, dealt with other races, and therefore would have come to know that entering into a planet's orbit or airspace without prior authorization may possibly be taken as an act of war by the visited planet. Ok, plausible thought. And on top of that, one might conclude with all the ufo's running around our planet, how can this be when it is likely that ET's have tried to contact our species prior to entry.
That is also a plausible thought to me.

Well, consider that governmental communication facilities, with their sophistication, are the most likely to pickup and decode these messages, IMO. It's true that for all we know they could be using shortband radio waves receivable on a pocket radio. It's also true that may not have figured out yet how to communicate with us, and that's one thought that I have had for a long time. It could be that for all we know, it could be some kind of interdimensional boundary that makes it extremely difficult or impossible to communicate across those boundaries. That theory may help explain why UFO's are being seen all over the world, as they search for magnetic and energy patterns across the globe, hoping for a breakthrough.

There are so many possibilities, they are endless. On the other hand, if you believe stuff like the Dulce Papers, Disclosure Project, MJ Documents, and a whole host of other eveidence, then it is very possible that contact has already been made long ago, and has been kept from the public until they deem the time is right to expose it.

Hopefully that provides some further insight into your train of thought, and I encourage you to keep thinking!

Regards,
TA

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I would think than ET that managed to contact "us" to ask for permission to land etc, would be deceived deliberatly so "we" were able to ambush/shootdown/capture them, for study, back engineering etc.
Why would Et ask for permission anyway unless they assumed we were able to stop them in the first place. Surly any such transmissions would be interceptible by someone, yet no recorded communication with Et exist (that we know of)
A being/s from elsewhere in the galaxy arriving within range of earth, would probably know:
(a) the planet was inhabited
(b) the occupants were sentient
(c) we were transmitting in various frequencys

But how the hell to choose a frequency for ET own permission message?
How to make it understood ~ or do all ET speak perfect english?
Who to send the message to?
Where to send the message?

Earth dosent have an intergalactic airport and as far as we know, dosent question any near earth object unless its an asteroid heading our way.
I think any smart Et would avoid detection if possible, wouldnt you? without knowing what reception youmight receive?

Why say Et would be rude just "walkin on in"? Were we rude just dropping in on the moon? or by landing our probes on mars without permission?
Im assuming Et are explorers, much like us. If we found an inhabited world I bet we wouldnt be too keen to make ourselves known immediatly.

Further, why the assumption all Et must nessesarily by far more highly advanced? Consider how we discovered much technology we take for granted, electricity, combustion , penicillan etc etc
If we discovered a simple an effective power souce to enable interplanetry flight we'd be using it too. perhaps they were given the technology, or backengineered it from a crash on their own world? Mayhaps they are no further ahead than us ecept they got lucky?

[edit on 30-11-2004 by instar]

[edit on 30-11-2004 by instar]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Considering that Earthlings have shot at supposed EBE craft on various occaisions, I doubt that they ask for permission to land. They have shown the ability to avoid detection and being fired upon in several instances. as to their superiority- Yeah they are more advanced than us, at least technologically. Hey Seapeople, zipped out to another solar system lately? Is there something you wanna' tell us?

new topics

top topics

join