It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee's Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Just a small query, How did he die?? Me and a mate were discussing it and he mentioned somethin about him being poisioned??

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
i too have heard of the poison stories but I have also heard of him getting the death touch in one of his fighting scenes prior to his death, also heard he was cursed for sharing chinese martial art secrets.

But I think the official word is he died from brain swelling. now we can continue to speculate which of the above reasons caused the swelling but we'll be right back to square one.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i too have heard of the poison stories but I have also heard of him getting the death touch in one of his fighting scenes prior to his death, also heard he was cursed for sharing chinese martial art secrets.

But I think the official word is he died from brain swelling. now we can continue to speculate which of the above reasons caused the swelling but we'll be right back to square one.

Yeah thats what happened, we had a big discussion about it at work, and your answer is right

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
He died from an allergic reaction to a prescription pain pill (Equagesic) given to him for a headache. Read numerous books on Lee Jun Fan(Bruce Lee) Here's a link with some details on his death: www.allbrucelee.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I started out attending a very traditional Korean martial arts school in the 1970s and then went on to become a largely self-taught Jeet Kune Do practitioner. I've given private lessons through the years, was once offered to open up my own studio from a pupil of mine who ran a local school of dance, and have studied Bruce Lee�s teachings and his approach to fighting for many years.

Here are a number of aspects surrounding Bruce Lee's death, some of which are touched upon in the aforementioned article:

1. He over-trained. The characteristics of overtraining are weight loss and bone density loss, as well as headaches and nausea. If you look at the stills of him from Enter The Dragon and especially from Game of Death, you see an emaciated and overtired Bruce.

2. He collapsed from over-training and went to the hospital months before he succumbed to going into a coma. This should have been his wake-up call to take a break and go on hiatus for a while.

3. Although he avoided alcohol, he liked to chew hash, which is a dangerous drug. When combined with other drugs, it can lead to a life threatening situation.

4. He was having an affair with the Asian actress (Betty Tingpei), who gave him a prescription drug for his bad headache. That combined with the hash and his already over-trained body resulted in an allergic reaction which made his brain swell.

5. In addition to finding cannabis in his stomach, the autopsy also revealed that he had broken blood vessels in his lungs, which is a red flag for an iron palm or death touch strike � a soft-style martial arts blow that utilizes subtle energies to inflict internal damage to the body. The implication being that when he was in a coma in the hospital, his enemies arranged for a soft-style master to visit him and make sure that he didn't recover.

After finishing Enter The Dragon, Bruce Lee should have gone into hiding for a couple of years, allowed his body to rest and heal, and greatly moderate (scale down) his training. His well-known egotism, his over-training, his frequent use of hash, his extramarital affair (sexual dissipation), the prescription drug he took for his intense (and probably reoccuring) headache, and probably also a visitation from a soft-style martial artist at the hospital, all contributed to his premature death.

We can all learn from Lee�s mistakes. If he was on a spiritual path and not so wrapped up in himself, he would have had the humility and spiritual discipline to cultivate his inner spirit and not rely so heavily on his physical attributes; thereby allowing him to survive into old age and to do so gracefully.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thanks for that lol, Thats this topic done i think!!!

new topics

top topics

join