It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please stop with the `vatican/scientists say aliens exist` already!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I dont mean to be rude but ive seen three `ground breaking annoucement` threads on here about the vatican opening their minds to aliens, when guess what.. ITS OLD NEWS, its been official since 2008 that vatican have openly welcomed the possibility of life out there and that it wouldnt contradict reality.

Whats the other one `scientist says alien existence likely`? not sh@t sherlock, any scientist with a brain has been saying for years that we are unlikely to be alone out there.

So please stop with the threads of OMG BREAKING NEWS VATICAN SAY ALIENS MAY EXIST.. because its nothing new.
edit on 28-5-2014 by uninfluenced because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

I didn't know about it so I was glad it was reposted.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

seriously? its old news, vatican have said many times life out there would not contradict belief in god etc

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I may have seen it and forgotten.
Why do you care? you don't have to open the thread.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Have you seen THIS?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Same here as boymonkey, haven't heard something like that before the last few months. The vatican had to improve their image and with the new pope and by showing that even they are capable of opening their minds to the unknown they scored a lot of plus points.

But I totally get your point uninfluenced, it's kinda annoying to hear the same thing 5 years in a row

Thx for the link dranknoir2!
edit on 28-5-2014 by Danowski because: screwed this up bigtime

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: uninfluenced

originally posted by: boymonkey74

seriously? its old news, vatican have said many times life out there would not contradict belief in god etc

But the general public has been dismissive of the Vatican for soo long..they are now just starting to be heard again with an actual classy pope..so..for a lot of people, even the old stuff is new to them.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Science and religion leap frogging each other down the road of discovery.

Thing is, how long did religion hold out their secret beliefs before announcing it to the public?

Science is glad to make discoveries and can't wait to unveil it.

Religion has to mull over how to admit they been wrong about their beliefs for so long.

When they finally "confess" people go, "did you hear… did you hear" twice, to make sure they got it right.

edit on 28-5-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It's older than 2008. If you believe in God you already believed in Aliens, (Gods not terrestrial to Earth) the Vatican just announced the obvious.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
- The Vatican, and some Popes, have said that space alien life is likely.

- They have said that if there are aliens, it won't effect belief in God at all.

- Tom Horn and his sidekick Steve Quayle have been running around pushing the Vatican/Demon/Alien thing for a while. It's really silly.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

As someone who just joined ATS, I'm glad there is current threads about this topic because it was not something I had heard about before.

I know it can be annoying when it keeps being brought up again & again but I believe that's how ATS works. People find articles that are new to them & share them on here. Others keep want to keep up with the latest articles about the subject matter & share that with others on here.

Just ignore those posts & focus on the stuff you care about.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

And you just added to your whole point: YOU created ANOTHER new thread about it! So, here we are...again.
This time, it was you.....

Just sayin".........

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

You fail to understand that members of some religions, many faithful Catholics, for one, are "old school" and not given to wild thinking about aliens from space or even "out there" somewhere. You are a relatively young believer in ETs I assume. But I'm old enough to remember when virtually none of the general public except avid science-fiction readers could frankly accept that aliens did and do exist. The education process continues. From your position within it, try to understand the whole process with which you have been taught to support a more modern, realistic view of the cosmos.
Many old Catholics won't be up to that task even when the Vatican deems such thinking within the realm of its religion.

top topics

join