It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bishop E.W. Jackson: ‘Demonic power’ driving the agenda of the ACLU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Bishop E.W. Jackson, a senior fellow at the Family Research Council (FRC) and former Republican nominee for Virginia’s lieutenant governor, said at the FRC’s “Watchemen on the Wall” conference last week that groups like the American Civil Liberties Union and the Freedom From Religion Foundation are representatives of a “demonic power” that is “threatening [America] from within.

“Prayer is power,” he began, “and that’s why this is not politics. Because when the Foundation For the Freedom From Religion and the ACLU goes around the country trying to stop prayer in city councils and school board meetings, trying to stop prayer at every public events — they are not simply human beings who disagree with us, it is demonic power moving to shut down the power of God that comes through prayer.”

At one time I thought that America having a theologically Christian inspired government was an impossibility. Now I'm not so sure.
Don't get me wrong; I think prayer is a good thing for all that believe in its power but forcing people of different faiths to adhere to a Christian God promoted by a political agenda is a very slippery slope into a theocracy. The extremes in the Middle East is a prime example.

As much as I hate it....I prefer a corporatracracy over a government approved method of worship theoracracy.
edit on 28-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

(Sigh) Oh look, yet another religious nut. Between Jackson and even bigger twits like Pastor Manning (who is fruitloops crazy) I worry about the USA.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: olaru12

(Sigh) Oh look, yet another religious nut. Between Jackson and even bigger twits like Pastor Manning (who is fruitloops crazy) I worry about the USA.

Liberal politics may be the driving force of the ACLU, but demons??

I'm sure there are Right Wingers that think Liberal politics in general is demonic but imo all flavors of politics is driven by the almighty dollar.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Always with the demons... Of course, the ACLU and the Freedom From Religion Foundation couldn't possibly be trying to adhere to the secular rule of law that the founding fathers set forth... They're demons or under demonic influence because they're trying to take religion out of government, when people like the bishop wish to infiltrate the government with even more religion. (sigh, indeed!)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If the USA goes down the theocracy route the world is doomed....crusades all over again.
The judge who allowed religion and state to be entwined should be fired.
Oh and Demons? that old line...BS just the bogey man in religious garb.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
If the USA goes down the theocracy route the world is doomed....crusades all over again.
The judge who allowed religion and state to be entwined should be fired.
Oh and Demons? that old line...BS just the bogey man in religious garb.

Agreed, coming from the groups that always harps on personal responsibility....
Blaming the devil, demons and other outside influences seems lame and intellectually disconnected; in other more direct terms....retarded!!

new topics

top topics

join