It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Yes or No Question - Should All Humans Have Equal Rights?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: deadeyedick

The flesh says yes the spirit says no

Oh goodness. Would you elaborate on that? This could be interesting ....

lol that is classic. i was trying to keep it simple for you.
as for the yes part it is my view that we are all in this together and denying rights to anyone would lead to suffering . The no part comes from the spirit and the thought that all spirits are not eaqual but have the potential to grow into equality through some type of physical existance that suffering is present thereby creating a road for growth and that the ones suffering and the ones healing choose the roles they have in the physical knowing full well that they would not be equal.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
well being a christian, i view human rights as equally applicable to everyone, in or out of prison. the only difference being that the person convicted of a crime loses the right to move freely about society. the reason i'm adamant about that is the golden rule - if you don't want your rights removed, don't call for them to be removed from others, even if the person(s) in question are in prison. the reason for THAT is you would not believe how many innocent people are in prison, the world over. it's mind boggling. the only humane way to handle it is to consider the potential for innocence existing at some level, and restore their human rights, other than the freedom to move about society until such time as their innocence can be proven or they pass on, whichever comes first.

edit on 28-5-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
case in point (this goes with my previous post):

i was studying the history of dna testing in death row cases. so many people who were sentenced to death, were found to be innocent as a result of dna testing. texas changed their stance on death row cases as a result. utah also changed their position. and a few other states as well. they were about to put innocent people to death.

and if that weren't bad enough, by the time you get to death row, you've already been in prison for quite a while. so they were also falsely imprisoned to boot.

one guy was mentally handicapped, to the point of not being able to make anything other than the simplest decisions, and he was accused of an elaborate crime. it was already pretty stupid that he was even in prison for the crime. but dna testing exonerated him.

so many people were cleared of wrong doing, that prosecutors started destroying evidence collected on cases from which dna could be extracted. THAT is also why we don't want to remove human rights from prisoners. ya know what i'm saying?

edit on 28-5-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

YES, a right to clean drinking water, sanitation, shelter, work, food and dignity and protection.
In a world where christianity is spoken of in a past tense by most people and the useless are seen as disposable human being's, where elderly are left to starve or even HELPED on there way even when they do not want to die there is a growing anti humane nature to modern corporate wage slave society and for this generation never was a better speech made than they shall reap as they sow for it will come back on there own head's, the world they make is the world they have to live in and tomorrow is when they have to pay for today.

edit on 28-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yes

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I believe that truly equal rights for everyone cannot be attained in a capitalist society. Money must be eliminated in order to simplify our laws before we can even wrap our heads around such a concept as "equal rights".

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, it should at least start out that way...

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
edit on 28-5-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Paedophiles, Rapists & Child Murderers shouldn't...

Why???

Do I need to answer that???

Peace everybody!!!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It has been said by others, equal rights should come with equal responsibility regardless of gender, race, or economical status. For example, all women should be required to sign up for the draft just as men do. The children of the wealthy should receive prison time for any crimes they commit just as the poor do. All should be required to be ready to defend their own as well as their fellow citizens rights from any and all that would threaten them. What rights should there be? We in the USA have not achieved all of the rights spelled out by the United Nations as being basic human rights. We do not have the right of ownership. Just try not paying your property tax and see just how you "own" that house. The rights spelled out in our Constitution are a great start, but I do believe the founding fathers meant it as a beginning to a great nation, not the be all end all. We should have expanded those rights over the last two centuries. Instead we are fighting against our own people just to stop losing more rights. Ok, this answer became more of a rant than I intended.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
S&F

I think all humans, doesn't matter what race, religion, sexual preference, or country they live in, should have the same human rights.

As for civil rights being met, I believe we are lacking in this area.

Civil rights include the ensuring of peoples' physical and mental integrity, life and safety; protection from discrimination on grounds such as race, gender, national origin, colour, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or disability; and individual rights such as privacy, the freedoms of thought and conscience, speech and expression, religion, the press, assembly and movement.
You are entitled to your civil rights, so long as they don't have an impact on the government. If the government wants oil, screw your civil rights, they don't care about them. If you dislike how your government is mistreating citizens, screw your civil rights, they don't care about them.

Political rights include natural justice (procedural fairness) in law, such as the rights of the accused, including the right to a fair trial; due process; the right to seek redress or a legal remedy; and rights of participation in civil society and politics such as freedom of association, the right to assemble, the right to petition, the right of self-defense, and the right to vote.
This hardly exists as well. Depending on where you live, you don't get natural justice (procedural fairness).
There is no more freedom of association, right to assemble, right to petition, right of self-defense & the right to vote. Especially the right to vote, that doesn't exist in North America. Your vote doesn't mean anything.

As for other human rights like the right to food, and the right to work and receive an education, that is something that also has a lot to be desired. Food, water, shelter, heat & electricity should be free things. No one should ever have to worry about the basics for survival!! You should have the right to work but work should be more about what you want to pursue (what makes your truly happy) and less being forced into horrible working conditions just to have food & shelter. (I can elaborate more on this later, if requested)

As for education, the education system in place, for North America, is a joke!!!
I was told I had A.D.D is school because "I had a hard time paying attention in class" Guess what? If a kid doesn't like a subject, they aren't going to be paying as much attention as a subject they do like. I learn differently from other people (more hands on, less picturing things in my head) but that doesn't mean I'm stupid. I'm not great at spelling, grammar & math but I'm great at other things. If we were to teach our children in the way that best suits their learning style, we would have a lot more kids actually doing well in school. I also hate how you can't fail a kid, everyone gets shoved through the system. All that does is cause problems, a child who is uneducated=someone who can't work=someone on welfare/social assistance.

Conclusion: yes every human should have equal rights (civil, political, human) and our rights are being neglected, suck.
I do not know how to implement them all over the world for those countries who do not share the same beliefs but I think if you start off with free food, water, shelter, heat & electricity (the basics for survival) then we will be one step closer in the right direction.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The question itself is impossible to answer, meaning there is to much information that is hidden from the populace at large to make an informed decision. Ancient history itself hides to much information for that question to be answered. There are theories I have about the ancient history of the world that would change my opinion on this matter.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
All humans should be free to move how they can move as individuals. However, no special accommodations should be made for those who lag behind. Equal opportunity.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
No.

To mundane and restrictive.
I do think it unfair that one can be born hungry and another rich it also doesn't work for me that my good cant be passed on. Possibly I should pass it on to all but it doesn't work like that.

I have a problem with passing on something bad or ill got though.

I sometimes feel their should be a overseer of such things but I don't think we have enough common will yet.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
YES. And its up to us to be the first level of government, citizens watchdogs with teeth to fire them, that should have been put in already.

As if there is only lame controlled fascist left equality or mean hearted pyramidal right.

Think we need to focus on equality, land and rights/services for all within the framework of FREEDOM.

If anything stands in its way, ie banking systems, toss them. Any ism standing in the way of what it takes to establish freedom AND equality is a crime against all souls.

Yes, the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights should be enshrined as law. But then comes all the asshat interpretations. Thats where the problems begin.

We need freedom AND equality. Not watered down control versions of equality and dog eat dog pyramid versions of freedom.

Surely the human race is capable of thinking outside the box for once.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes, providing they do not stomp on others Rights and they are within a system controlled by the Rule of Law.

Those who violate the law in an egregious way should have those Rights removed for obvious reasons.

A civil society requires give and take and fair laws and a mechanism to enforce them. Rights end, when they interfere with or remove another persons Rights.

Seems like a simple question, but its not.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Great question. Yes. All should have equal protection under law. You already do, legally, under signed treaties.

You will want to look at this treaty as well. It is the UNDHR, updated, and legally binding to boot. It is called the International Covenant of Civil and Political Rights.
www.ohchr.org...

You can also find all treaties, in force, per the State Department here:
www.state.gov...

The state department recognizes the UNDHR as well under it's human rights section.

Here is where we stand in general.
www1.umn.edu...

Ratifying the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court greatly interests me.

Happy reading. :-)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Your "murderer rapist traitor" clause makes no logical sense, unless you are actually saying what it sounds like you said: that murders rapist traitors and the like do not deserve the right to a fair trial, representation, to question their accusers, etc.

Do you actually mean they do not deserve rights?
That someone like Snowden, whom is called a traitor by some, deserves no rights?
or How Bout the man in New York who was recently released from jail having served over 20 years for murder it was found he did not commit? Does your post imply that this man deserves to have his rights back?
a reply to: thesaneone

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I believe that you have the right to life and the freedom of choice. All others are an entitlement.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kkrattiger
Your "murderer rapist traitor" clause makes no logical sense, unless you are actually saying what it sounds like you said: that murders rapist traitors and the like do not deserve the right to a fair trial, representation, to question their accusers, etc.

Do you actually mean they do not deserve rights?
That someone like Snowden, whom is called a traitor by some, deserves no rights?
or How Bout the man in New York who was recently released from jail having served over 20 years for murder it was found he did not commit? Does your post imply that this man deserves to have his rights back?
a reply to: thesaneone

Yup.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join