It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More weirdness on ATS while loading pages.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Our support provider has apparently seen similar issues with other hardware clusters for which they provide support, at the same hosting provider we use. They're starting some tests to identify the issue. Stay tuned.

I just remembered another thing, but excuse me if it sounds vague I don't know much about http strings. I think there is a way a hacker can imitate a request coming from say, your computer or mine by changing Apache server files, just a little bit, and the way a website reads all your browser details. So a corrupt request is sent, say without 'GET' in the string, and the server who actually does get the request just responds with the 408 standard message, which comes back to you, sometimes repeatedly. It could be a 'live' hack I don't know, nor do I know how much the hacker would know about your computer, other than enough.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This error is typically caused by our server thinking your Internet connection to it closed before the content you requested could be sent.

Our staff is on ATS a great deal, and no one is reporting this. So this is odd.

Are there any geographic similarities amongst those seeing this error?

New South Wales = Aussie. Getting the 408 often and only on this site. Bout a week now.

Thanks,

Regards Bally

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hey, SO.

Do you have any updates on what may be causing this issue? Last night and today it has become much worse.

Thanks!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I thought everything was fixed this morning, and around 5 PM EST. Blammo!

Same as before. Also see something in the edit portion, which is also why I am writing this to see if this is a issue as well.
edit on 29-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yep ... still there .... annoying as all get out ..... What is causing this? Is there an ad running or something that is messing with us? I'm not techy so someone just tell me if I've caught a virus or something ...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I've been noticing on some, not all, edits that also give a time hack and the possible location of the member, even though they don't have their location mentioned in their avatar.

Mine good again this morn though, I guess we'll see come evening.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
And that Best Buy ad at the top won't stop expanding and running a video on it's own. ARGH!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
For those who are experiencing this -- are you using Google Chrome as your browser?

Our support firm is seeing similar issues with a few other customers using server clusters, and it's starting to look like -- in those cases -- it's almost always Crome users who have issues.

I'm primarily Mac/Safari, and have never seen this.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yes. I'm using Chrome. FireFox has given me issues earlier to the point I don't use it anymore. AndIE has been pretty toast ATS wise for a couple of months. But that's just me on my end.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes, I am using Chrome. Aah, so it's a Chrome thing?
I'll download Firefox, and try that for a bit and see what happens, then let you know asap.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In your Chrome Advanced Settings section of the Preferences, is "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" checked?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Short answer. Yes, it is.

But there is another prediction setting underneath it.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

In your Chrome Advanced Settings section of the Preferences, is "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" checked?

I have no idea what all that means. I'll get my husband to check it when he gets home tonight. All I know is it just started happening on it's own a few days back. (And I think we have Chrome.)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yes it is ticked/checked.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yup, using Chrome. I have unchecked that option and we will see if it works.

Thanks SO.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

On the far top right of your screen, there are 3 horizontal lines stacked vertically (confused?!) - it looks a bit like an air vent. Click it and you'll be able to see and adjust your settings for Chrome.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If you are using a current version of Chrome, you should see a star at the end of the address field..that's for bookmarking.

Next to the star are 3 horizontal lines. Click on that and go to settings. At the bottom of the page that opens is the option "show advanced settings". Click it.

Find "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" and make sure it's not checked.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Er, yeah that's how I meant to explain it too, you did it a bit better!
Is that box meant to be unticked? I'll do that and see what happens.
Thanks,

B x

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Yes, uncheck it.

I did so and I have not had a 408 since....and I've been bouncing around ATS a lot the last few minutes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join