It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gives $5bn to global terror fight. yup thats right, just throw money at it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
US gives $5bn to global terror fight

So looks like the USA is turning to age old tick...if there problem throw money at it and hope it sticks.

Ok great.....few questions

1) were this $5 billion coming from? How many vets pension will you cut for this, how much needed body armor will you skimp on?

2) Doesn't that fact that throwing money at a problem never seem to work?

3) how much will actually go on fighting terrorists? And how much will go into military companys owned by politicians and slush funds? How much will go into arming "freindly" terrorists that may one day turn like the taliban?
edit on 28-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well it worked so good when it came to the war on drugs. This is why the war on terror was started to be a constant drain on the economy.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

US President Barack Obama is to announce a $5bn (£3bn) "terrorism partnership fund" for other countries to tackle extremists.

Giving money to other countries to fight terrorism..

Seems like an excuse to give aid to allied countries to me. I'm sure if you follow the money trail few to none of this will go in to fighting anything. I'm quite tired of hearing of a boogeyman. Terrorism does exist, but money and invasions won't solve that problem. And they're not all Muslims.

How about 5 billion in aid to our economy, or schools, or programs for kids...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Well it worked so good when it came to the war on drugs. This is why the war on terror was started to be a constant drain on the economy.

Yup war on drugs a perfect example of how throwing money at a problem works....

O wait no its the opposite.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I don't like it. But it is cheaper than Trillions that invasions cost.

We workers know we carry and fund the whole Oligarchy schemes.

At one time, we did not mind. At one time, we did not feel like slaves. For a while, before the '80's, it was possible to move up economically or at least keep going as a worker. Now, the worker is less than a slave because our wages do not move us up or keep us afloat.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Where this $5 billion coming from?

"Quantitative Easing" machines…

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I have worked for a few businesses, that whenever a problem arose that they had no clue how to rationally solve, they would simply throw money at it hoping it would go away. Not once did that strategy ever work. Most times it actually created new headaches that were unforeseen.

I suspect something similar here: the U.S. gov has no idea how to solve this "problem." Another $5 billion down the toilet that could be better spent elsewhere. The way they sling money around, coupled with the lack of transparency is enough to violently trigger the vomit center in my brain.

It's sickening, the terroristic threats that come from Washington about terrorist threats. Oh, the hypocrisy. Wish we could scrap the whole damned lot of them; republican, democrat, doesn't matter as they're all the same anymore (even Ron and Rand Paul). The U.S. government has been a broken, dysfunctional mess for the last 14 years (at minimum) trying to spend, or shoot its way out any hole it has found itself. It's no longer a government of the people, for the people, by the people, rather it's a cancerous, parasitic blight serving the lobbyists and corporations.

But hey, I'm not a total cynic. There are some good people in government trying to do the right thing....just too few of them.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Certain ppl benefits from these deals so its no wonder... What ppl can do? WHine all they long but cant stop it..

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wars and Terrorists are created by Resource manipulations.

Mothers and Children are prioritys in every culture,when Mothers and Children cannot be cared for by men unrest develops quickly,this is not a new concept.

This Global impact is created intentionally and Humanity is constantly poked to create dynamic problems.

Global Humanitarian Re-Location is the answer, we must bring the People to the resources to eliminate resouce waste connected to transportation which is the biggest hole leaking our Planets lifeblood in support of fiscal enterprise which has been being poorly catalysed and managed,We need to satisfy the needs of current Humanity and then immediatly create more consumers while we optimally manage our Global resource base,in this way we save our Planet,save the people alive now,and create a helthy nurturing environment for another ten or twenty BILLION people which we dearly need to advance the Humanity we have established to this point.

You would be hard pressed to find me an entrepeneur or a venture Capitalist that would refuse a 20-30 Billlion strong marketplace iin a world where resuorces were abundant as opposed to scarce.

At the end of the day, Humanitys condition is reflected in the Mothers and Children we see on this Planet and their condition.

If we cannot catalyse around that and begin by saying that there shall be no hardship forced upon our Women and Childrem -- N.W.N.C. -- then we are on the wrong path and need to self-correct ASAP.

Today we know a handfull of Global elitests control the Global Fiscal landscape,so we need to demand that they re-invest the fiscal power they have accumulated on Humanitys backs right back into the System they took it out of and this time invest in Humanitarian Global Re-Location.This is an epic and unparralelled endeavour,greater than going into space was,this is a challenge unlike any ever taken on by a Humanitrian Cycle.

Global Humanitarian Re-Location as a Global economic stmulus of epic nature is the only way to stop the inevitable trainwreck we have put our Planet and its resource production capacity in front of.

REDUCING the population is regressive and not a solution,Maintaining the current population and INCREASING it is the answer to our challenges.

This is a marketplce and a Global Resource managment issue,and if we do not meet this challenge it could have devestating future consequences upon our species.

We need Trillions invested immeditly in beginning the planning and implementation of the first phases of Global Re-Location,a few Billion here or there are not a solution but they are impactfull and pave the way for more impactfull investments.

You cant make more money unless you can make more people to valuate it.

This de-population stuff is nutty when the Money Mongers really need every one of these people AND all of their children as consumers,they are just to stupid to see a solution,well here it is for free.

There is tangible reason for the ten Global Money pools to come together in this respect,this is a potential marketplace dynamic they never dreamed of,and the reality is that they HAVE NOWHERE TO SPEND ALL THEIR MONEY without MORE people and I mean many many billions more,which they can only see materialise if they cumulatively choose to better manage Earths resources by using Humanitarian Global Re-Location to bring the People to the Resources and eliminate transportation and infrastructure wastes which are negatively impacted the Planets resource bases ability to regenerate and evolve.

We need Individual groups from the top ten fiscal pool managers to put their power behind ALL humanitarian causes,Governments around the world are not equipped or able to optimally do this job ,they only create piece-meal actions.

Pull all Global Borders,it could be done in a year,Institute mass Global Humanitarian relocation and REBUILD a quality long lasting infrastructure designed to optimally care for more people not optimally care for a few privilaged people.

Now it is the bringing up of the Global Standard of living which will create the massive fortunes of the future.It will be the INCREASING of our Global Population which will catalyse Humanitys next leap into the future.

I wish the Billions given to needy Humnitarian causes were truly long term impactfull and that they didnt have to come from Governments of any Country but instead came from investors looking to make money.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

When I read your thread...it brings to mind...that the (United States Federal Budget) is going to end for 2014 on September 30,2014...remember last year what happened.

This 5 billion given to other countries...could have gone towards our Vets, social programs, people on Social Security etc.

I am just wondering if this coming September they will say...we just don't have enough money for this or that in the budget...and I say..."oh yeah...what about that 5 billion!"

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

America throws money because they think they can buy anything ..
In some sense they are right .. with all global leaders corrupt .. they all have a price to gain their cooperation ..and setup bases ..
Americans also think any problem can be solved with the right amount of explosives ..

However .. in the process .. they create a lot more terrorists around the globe with pointless killing of innocents .. this obviously defeats the purpose ..

I'm sure they know this .. but their goal is also to kill as many people as possible ..as a depopulation agenda ..and also simply because nobody holds them accountable ..because again, they have bought out everyone including the UN!

This is why they always stay on top when it comes to having the most money/gold and WMDs/bases ..and will try to keep down anyone who tries to progress .. like Iran ..

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

But it is cheaper than Trillions that invasions cost.

You want to know what is cheaper and works even better? Leaving them alone. We should close our bases over there and bring our people home. These terrorist have said time and time again the reason why they are attacking us is because we are over there.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I agree Buster. But we old timers have been trying to fight the war mongers since the 60's. If we can't win, at least make it cheaper. My grandkids are still paying for the Korean and Nam wars plus all the others since then. We are a family of workers, I don't see them ever buying a house. I believe we should mind our own business, but the Oligarchy is in charge of our lawmakers.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wasn't 600 million of this give to Israel in weapons, or is that separate from this money? It's sickening that we have people in office so willing to give away the peoples money, then neglect our roads, bridges, vets, and everything else that should be top notch. These people are traitors and need to be arrested. No more money to any foreign countries on foreign interests. It's got to stop.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This entire war is so lopsided. The entire fight against "terrorism," which is a term I still do not fully grasp. A modern military versus an sparsely interconnected network of individuals and small groups who are not very well supplied or funded in comparison. A war like this cannot be "won." This has been shown in the past, and the most related example would be the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. These groups will just lie low until the US leaves, and then they will go back to seizing power by decapitating the government that was installed by the US, or excuse me, by the "people" of that country.

new topics

top topics

join