It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Brigantia newsletters (UK 1980s-1990s) - PDF archive now online (free)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
"UFO Brigantia" was one of the better researched (and more entertaining...) UFO journals, published in the UK in the 1980s-1990s. It contained a mix of case reports, articles and book/documentary reviews. It also contained a fair amount of criticism of UFO research/researchers and often had the sort of humour seen in Saucer Smear - e.g. having a bit of fun at the expense of some ufologists that took themselves a bit too seriously.

Back in about 2009, Gary Anthony (a British ufologist) scanned about 35 issues of the UFO Brigantia newsletter from 1985-1992.

The editor of that newsletter (Andy Roberts) has now kindly given me permission to upload the scans made by Gary Anthony to a free file storage website as searchable PDF documents.

These scans are now free to download from the link below:
app.box.com...

The issues currently uploaded are issues 9, 15-18, 20-30, 32-43 and 46-52. I'm currently trying to get hold of the missing issues and arrange for them to be scanned. I'll post here as and when they are available.

Some of the contributors to UFO Brigantia (and its editor - Andy Roberts) were on the skeptical side of the UFO debate. But articles also included, for example, the first article by Budd Hopkins in a UK publication and also material by John Keel. One of the most frequent contributors was Philip Mantle (a veteran BUFORA official and ufologist).

While I recently also helped get an even more skeptical newsletter online (the "Skeptics UFO Newsletter", written by Phil Klass online), the next couple of collections of newsletters I hope to be posting is probably weighted in the non-skeptical direction. The skeptics I've contacted recently simply seem to have been much quicker to give permission for me to share their old newsletters on a free file storage website than some ufologists...

I also hope to be able to post some UFO documentation and material relating to the NSA shortly.

edit on 28-5-2014 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I just came across a potted history of the UFO Brigantia newsletter in Ministry Of Defence files so I thought I'd add it here...

The relevant page is a webpage printout in MOD File DEFE-24-2030-1-1.

edit on 28-5-2014 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Love the title in the Rendlesham cover : XSTRAORDINARY!

I always know a thread of yours just from the title. If it's UFO documents, if it's heavily compiled, and if it's curatorial or archival in scope (like a digital librarian did it): Isaac Koi.

I'm going to go look for the coolest cover, now.

Thanks for your work!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

Why would the Ministry of Defense have a screen capture printout of a Ufology website homepage in ANY files?

Edit to answer my own question: perhaps to be used in compiling a list of people who write about UFOs aka Govt Secret Stealth Projects .... as per one of the Brigantia articles pictured above...
edit on 29-5-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join