It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is evolution, not what some think

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

The theory of evolution explains the diversity of life, not it's origins.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Because abiogenesis is about explaining life from non-life. Evolution is about explaining biodiversity.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Because abiogenesis is about explaining life from non-life. Evolution is about explaining biodiversity.

Because YOU get to decide what everyone else has to accept?
I dont think so.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369
a reply to: GetHyped

Yeah, told this way you are probably correct, but understand this is a wording definition. So if I understand well, as virus and prion are not really considered as being alive, we cannot use the term "evolution" to them?

Sorry if that sound little pedantic, but being the kind of guy that is semantic memory based, I put more importance understanding things than always having the exact word describing it!

edit on 2015-2-21 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369
a reply to: GetHyped

Since I was not having the definition exact, does it make me a creationist?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Because YOU get to decide what everyone else has to accept? I dont think so.

If we leave wording definition to the dictionary and back to my question. Do you believe complex life can spontaniously appear from lifeless molecular building block in only one step?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

No. This is how it's defined scientifically. They are two completely unrelated fields of study.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

How did life evolve from nothing for it to start evolving or do I have to have faith in nothing to accept life evolved for evolution to start.

Life didn't evolve from nothing.

The Theory of Evolution and Abiogensis are not the same thing. You keep trying to claim that they are the same thing but you are 100% wrong. This isn't a matter of opinion or belief, it's definition of terms and your false interpretation of those terms.

You maliciously define the Theory of Evolution as the explanation for how "life came from nothing" but you're showing your ignorance yet again. The TOE does not offer an explanation for the origin of matter. Period. Science falls short in explaining the origin of matter in the universe so you can fill that void with whichever sky daddy you prefer.

Abiogenesis is the natural process of life arising from non-living matter such as simple organic compounds.

Evolution, also known as descent with modification, is the change in heritable phenotype traits of biological populations over successive generations.

When you reach the point of actually understanding the terminology, then we might have an intelligent discussion. I've made this analogy several times already but we're trying to teach calculus and you're still stuck on 1+1=?? but you refuse to accept that the answer is 2 so round and round we go. You're more interested in denying that the number 1 exists even after you've been repeatedly flogged about the head and shoulders with it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It makes you uninformed. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Everyone's uninformed about 99.99999% of knowledge out there.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I dont think so.

It's not about belief or acceptance. It's about terminology.

If you say that the definition of frog is "a type of fancy mustard", people have the right to tell you that you're wrong.

You're falsely defining the terms. It's that simple.

You are exhausting.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

How did life evolve from nothing for it to start evolving or do I have to have faith in nothing to accept life evolved for evolution to start.

It has been explained to you several times over the past seven months and 59 pages that the Theory of Evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life (abiogenesis). The theories on how life began are not the same as the theories on how species evolve. I know I have pointed this out to you at least twice.

You need to understand what the Theory of Evolution of species is before you can start arguing about its validity. However, it seems you are unwilling to learn what the theory entails, even when people explain it to you.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I dont think so.

Okay, I'm going to be blunt here. It will not come across as particularly friendly, but I consider it to be for your own good.
No one in this forum or anywhere else is going to be impressed with your half baked nonsense. We are just going to assume that you are a crackpot and not without reason. The only value your trolling has is its comedy value, the effort you have put into it is superfluous, I'll give you that...
.. congratulations.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

It has been explained to you several times over the past seven months and 59 pages that the Theory of Evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life (abiogenesis). The theories on how life began are not the same as the theories on how species evolve. I know I have pointed this out to you at least twice.

You need to understand what the Theory of Evolution of species is before you can start arguing about its validity. However, it seems you are unwilling to learn what the theory entails, even when people explain it to you.

It's quite obvious that borntowatch is only here to keep the argument going in a perpetual circle of denial.

He comes back to the thread occasionally just to repeat the same misconceptions and refusal of evidence to keep the argument going.

He has no interest in evidence, or understanding, or even slightly educating himself. He wants to keep repeating the same ignorant statements just to annoy the living piss out of everyone.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish

That video is a remarkably accurate recreation of every single evolution thread on ATS.

Awesome.
edit on 2/21/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Bro, come on. It has been explained to you several times by Borntowatch that whatever he says is the definition is the absolute infallible definition of the word and neither you nor any scientist in the world has the right to say otherwise.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Irrespective if I just want a page count, like to upset evolutionists or just proselytise, my point is valid to me.

Evolution cant exist in a vacuum, you cant have evolution without abiogenesis, without everything I listed in the First Post, so to me its all assumption based on no evidence.

Oops there I go again, sorry

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Little changes over of years , caused by the environment and mutations add up to big changes over hundreds of thousands of years

Really is there much more to know? I cant seem to get anymore depth from anyone around here more pertinent than what I have written
As I have stated its very simple,(guess thats why so many accept it) and believable, I just want evidence....

and no I dont believe it

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Evolution cant exist in a vacuum, you cant have evolution without abiogenesis,

Says who...You and the voices in your thick skull? It does not matter one bit, you could invoke all sorts of competing hypothesis for the origins of life, even if you believe pink fairies started life it's not going to make evolution go away or stop happening... Sorry.

Besides, you already know Evolution is not about origins, but about changes in populations of living organisms, this being repeated to you over and over again. And yet you still troll the same nonsense.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Little changes over of years , caused by the environment and mutations add up to big changes over hundreds of thousands of years

Really is there much more to know? I cant seem to get anymore depth from anyone around here more pertinent than what I have written
As I have stated its very simple,(guess thats why so many accept it) and believable, I just want evidence....

and no I dont believe it

I hate you.
edit on 2/21/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish

Says who...You and the voices in your thick skull? It does not matter one bit, you could invoke all sorts of competing hypothesis for the origins of life, even if you believe pink fairies started life it's not going to make evolution go away or stop happening... Sorry.

Besides, you already know Evolution is not about origins, but about changes in populations of living organisms, this being repeated to you over and over again. And yet you still troll the same nonsense.

When your thick skull finally accepts that we disagree and my point is as valid to me as your point is to you we may just agree to disagree without calling each other thick heads.

Irrespective I dont care what and who you use to justify what I think is wrong. You are not the boss, I can deny what you say, treat you as irrelevant in this matter.

Bad luck. I dont value your input, its churlish and uneducated and has no valid evidence

Dismissed

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join