It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smudging Ceremony Help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hello!
I need some suggestions guys, I've never done it before. How should I do 'the smudging ceremony'?
What do I need to do it the right way?
I'm doing it because of my problem here : www.abovetopsecret.com...
& many of you replied with "try smudging ceremony"
So then, I found out that 'sage' used in a smudge stick is technically "Salvia officinalis" so I went to the herb shop and I bought 30g of Salvia.
Should I burn it and let the smoke come to all the places in my house in which I feel negative energy or basically the places causing the problems? In my case that would be the entire house I would say
But I am not savvy. Please help.
I would appreciate a step-by-step guide of how to do the smudging ceremony or any other ritual that has the same effect.
What herbs or objects do I need? Do I need to say any spells or alike?
Any suggestion, advice, tutorial or whatever is welcome.
I'm doing this because I'm really tired of all the stuff going on these days and I feel really weak so I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! ...or at least, give it a try.
Thank you!
edit on 28-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Go throughout your house with it ..make sure to get the corners along with floor to ceiling ..

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
You light the sage rub your hands in the ashes then waife the sage in all corners and closets of the house while praying.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: finitydream
You light the sage rub your hands in the ashes then waife the sage in all corners and closets of the house while praying.

What do you mean by 'waife'?
And praying, well ..as an atheist, should I improvise?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
>>> As an atheist, I'm not sure how this will work for you. You have to actually believe in the prayers you are saying. Perhaps this event is happening so that you will find out that there IS a God. I don't know. But you have to believe in whoever you are calling upon for help, ya' know?

I won't preach at you. Just know .. God is real. I know that from personal experience. It's not a faith statement from me. It's a "I have encountered him' statement. So keep that in mind when you decide if you are going to pray and ask God to help rid the home of spooks. God is real. Talk to HIM when you do this ...

Anyways, that's my advice, since you asked for some.

MY HUSBAND AND I SMUDGE TOGETHER ....

- Purchase a few sage sticks. Also if you can find it .... holy water and blessed salt and holy oil. Keep extra matches with you as you walk around. Also make sure you have a big enamel container like an ashtray. (I have an official smudge pot).

- Place them on or in a container that can have fire ... big ashtray type thing.

- Have some water handy to take with you around the house incase of sparks.

- Before you light the sage, go through the house and open all the windows ... open all the closet doors ... open everything so that the sage smoke can get everywhere.

- I find it helpful to cut the red thread that binds the sage stick. Sometimes it is wrapped too tight to burn. Break it apart a little bit.

- You can either use a big feather or wave your hand to move the smoke. I have done it both ways. So if you want, have a large feather ready. These are available online when you purchase your sage sticks.

- Start at the top of the house ... the attic. Light the sage. Get it smoking very well. Smudge yourself and whoever is with you. Think positive thoughts, nothing dark and nothing mingling on the problem. No fear. No anger. Start from the west side and go around the room clockwise.

- You, and whoever is with you, should say prayers. Either together or individually. Pray positive prayers to God .... simple prayers like .... 'Our Father Who Art in Heaven Deliver Us From Evil'. Pray the St. Michael Prayer. Call upon Jesus to rid the house of any evil. Pray the St. Michael prayer (You can google it .. St. Michael the Arch Angel Defend Us in Battle .... etc ) Say out loud, 'we claim our home, it's ours, souls of the dead and spirits of the underworld are not allowed' ... things like that.

- Make sure the sage smoke goes everywhere ... in the closets, under the beds, in the cupboards. When you have finished a room go to the door and 'seal' the room. State that you are sealing it. State that no spirits of the dead and no demons are allowed. Sprinkle holy water at the doorframe, or sprinkle blessed salt across the door jam ... draw a sign of the cross on the top of the door jam with holy water or holy oil. If you have none of that, use your finger and draw a cross declaring out loud that the room is sealed and under God's protection.

- Do the entire attic. Then the upstairs. Then the downstairs. Then the cellar. You may have to relight the sage stick a few times. Do the stairs as you go. In every place in the house declare it claimed for God and that the spirits of the dead and demons are not welcome. Reclaim it. Seal each room.

- Then go to the outside of the house. Seal the house. Go around the house doing the same thing to the yard. Clockwise starting in the West.

- Say prayers that are positive and comfortable for you. If you are Catholic, pray the Hail Mary. (even if not Catholic, you can do so if you wish).

That's how we smudge our house. It works very well.
Good luck.

edit on 5/28/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Thank you very much mate.
any recommendations for websites to order these things online?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

This is where I get my supplies - Taos Herb Co . Don't buy a smudging feather from them. It's too expensive there. Look around. Here is a smudge bowl with three other smudge sticks .... HERE . I'm not posting that for you to buy it ... I'm posting it for you to see it so you can look around for something less expensive where you live. The Terracotta is easy to carry around the house with you.

HERE is a smudge pot that is more stable for if you want to light up a smudge stick and let it simmer. Lots of people do that every so often after smudging.

It's popular to use an abalone shell and hold it under the smudge stick. I've found it too small, but many people use it.

I should mention that there are different kinds of smudge sticks. For spooks you want SAGE. There are sweetgrass or white sage etc etc. Each stick is for a different purpose ... like good health, etc. But what you want is SAGE. (having sage and cedar in the smudge stick is just fine).

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Good luck with your smudge thing. A friend performed an Indian smudge ceremony for me where I was working in a shop a couple of years ago in an area that gave me the creeps. It didn't feel so creepy after that. There was some stuff stored there that resembled people in the dark and they were watching me. I figured that as there were two churches very close nearby that the shop was built on a graveyard. I don't need to check the records, I just know. Probably best to get someone like I did who knew exactly what she was doing. She did something with salt as well. This friend used to be catholic but is into spiritualism now.
I could feel the sadness and misery the moment I walked into the building but the smudge thing improved it a lot. Hope it works for you.
cheers

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: finitydream

What do you mean by 'waife'?
And praying, well ..as an atheist, should I improvise?

By waifing as the smoke rises you use your hands and spread the smoke out. Think of it like waving 2nd smoke out of your face except your gently guiding the smoke out in fluid motions. You don't have to be religious. You just ask ask for what you want to accomplish with doing the smudging. You want the negative atmosphere and or entities to leave. You could also after burning the sage then burn sweetgrass which brings positive atmosphere etc. Just like since you feel weak and broke down from all this before you cleanse your home you could cleanse yourself with red cedar.

There's options but it should be unique to you and keep positive thoughts and feelings while doing this. Don't think upon the negative. Envision the outcome.
edit on 28-5-2014 by finitydream because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2014 by finitydream because: using phone to type this

edit on 28-5-2014 by finitydream because: phone errors

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The abalone shell can be used for smudging but it's more for and better used during water based smudging.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: finitydream

Yeah, thank you... I figured you meant waving,but frankly.. I've never heard 'waife' before.. it's not even in dictionary or Apple's look-up service.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I found Scandal Wood incense sticks at home, does it help somehow or is it just an aromatic stick?
& I've heard some people use salt as well, how should I use it in this case? put it under the windows, window shelves ..etc?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yay! I forgot to mention that my house, especially living room is full of objects, bowls, sculptures, paintings, pictures, masks, emblems, little statues and gifts from all around the world, i.e. thailand, mexico, indonesia, china, egypt, dominican rep., brazil, ireland...
Because my parents, particularly my dad travels a lot, so he usually brings some gifts ..
So I'm thinking,... what if there is a bad energy hidden within those objects?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I found Scandal Wood incense sticks at home, does it help somehow or is it just an aromatic stick?

Useless except to make the room smell nice.
Smudging = sage sticks. Nothing else.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Very well could be. Have a yard sale.
Spend the money on buying smudge sticks.

Seriously though ... spooks can haunt objects. For example -
ATS Thread - Dybbuks and Dybbuk Possession - Jewish Demons and Malicious Spirits of the Dead

You should scrub your home of any images/items of questionable intent ..
Spirit boards, tarot cards, candles used in occult ceremonies, tribal masks ... etc.

You asked my opinion ... so there it is. Do with it as you will ...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Useless except to make the room smell nice.
Smudging = sage sticks. Nothing else.

Any international website to order some sage sticks? I mean the ones I know I don't order some plain grass but the real thing. All the websites you posted are U.S. only.
cheers

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Very well could be. Have a yard sale.
Spend the money on buying smudge sticks.

Seriously though ... spooks can haunt objects. For example -
ATS Thread - Dybbuks and Dybbuk Possession - Jewish Demons and Malicious Spirits of the Dead

You should scrub your home of any images/items of questionable intent ..
Spirit boards, tarot cards, candles used in occult ceremonies, tribal masks ... etc.

You asked my opinion ... so there it is. Do with it as you will ...

I have like dozens of tribal masks all around here
Some of them cost $80+ so this is a sort of decision I cannot make on my own, if you understand. I'm gonna count them now ...

So it's approx. 35+ suspicious objects, including the tarot cards placed upon the books.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i just want to clarify something real quick. when you say you went to the store and bought 30g of salvia, that was Salvia officinalis and not salvia divinorum right? i just want to make sure you got the right plant. it's got to be sage. there are a couple of different kinds of sage itself, both will work. i usually like to mix the two together for added effect. additionally, when i do smudge rituals i like to use lavender oil in conjunction with the sage to seal all the portals in a place.(windows, doors etc)

in you need help in terms of knowing exactly how to get started and such i can write a post with directions. i just want to make sure that you have actually got sage there and not salvia "incense" which people smoke.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just light it and walk around with it, getting the corners/doors/closets. Don't blow on it, and treat it with respect. Also, take a bit of time and pass the smoke over you as well.

It's really that easy -- you can "dress it up" any way you want if you need it to feel "extra special".

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Hey! Yeah Salvia Officinalis, 30g...but it looks like tea

So maybe I'll give it a try and in case it doesn't work, I'll order the sage sticks recommended by FlyersFan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join