It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Apocalypse? The Pentagon Has A Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I couldnt stop laughing when i read this

If you're like me, you might be surprised to learn just where zombies turn up. For instance, an undead king-o-pop might show up in a video game. Or in a humor-driven warning from the Center for Disease Control. Or, as it turns out, amongst contingency plans by the Pentagon.

Buried on the military's secret computer network is an unclassified document, obtained by Foreign Policy, called "CONOP 8888." It's a zombie survival plan, a how-to guide for military planners trying to isolate the threat from a menu of the undead -- from chicken zombies to vegetarian zombies and even "evil magic zombies" -- and destroy them.

"This plan fulfills fictional contingency planning guidance tasking for U.S. Strategic Command to develop a comprehensive [plan] to undertake military operations to preserve 'non-zombie' humans from the threats posed by a zombie horde," CONOP 8888's plan summary reads. "Because zombies pose a threat to all non-zombie human life, [Strategic Command] will be prepared to preserve the sanctity of human life and conduct operations in support of any human population -- including traditional adversaries."

Ah, the undead sure do create cause for such strange bedfellows. It's a little bit heartwarming that the Pentagon would see fit to team up with our more-human adversaries against the zombie horde, isn't it? Imagine: the Taliban and the American military hand in hand, standing tall and steadfast against wave after wave of the undead. It's equal parts poetic and idealistic.

Now, lest anyone take this too seriously, like the CDC's warning, the Pentagon would like to stress that they don't actually think that this zombie apocalypse is, you know, going to happen.

Military planners assigned to the U.S. Strategic Command in Omaha, Nebraska during 2009 and 2010 looked for a creative way to devise a planning document to protect citizens in the event of an attack of any kind. The officers used zombies as their muse. "Planners ... realized that training examples for plans must accommodate the political fallout that occurs if the general public mistakenly believes that a fictional training scenario is actually a real plan," the authors wrote, adding: "Rather than risk such an outcome by teaching our augmentees using the fictional 'Tunisia' or 'Nigeria' scenarios used at [Joint Combined Warfighting School], we elected to use a completely-impossible scenario that could never be mistaken for a real plan."

In other words, rather than risk the paranoid hysteria that would revolve around a false plan to combat a real-life adversary, they made one up. It's actually humanizing to see a little humorous creativity coming from our men and women in uniform. And it appears the creators of the plan really did let their imagination fly. They designed methods to combat vegetarian zombies (yay!), evil magic zombies (sounds ominous), and chicken zombies (run, you stupid bastards!), outer space zombies (genre crossovers are so tired), bio-engineered zombies (calling Umbrella Corp.), and a pathogen-based zombie outbreak. Not all the military brass was impressed with the effort, it seems.
"I hope we've invested a similar level of intellectual rigor against dragon egg hatching contingencies," one defense official quipped.

Oh, you silly defense guy, untwist your shorts. Everyone knows there haven't been dragons in these parts in years.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
There's already a thread on this.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: freee

S&F! That really was a good laugh! I would love to read the original source, you wouldn't happen to have a link?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I could have sworn the CDC came out with some kind of mock comic illustration detailing how to handle a possible zombie outbreak.

Then there were some videos and pictures accompanying this article about troops using zombie paper targets and actors dressed as zombies for training. It shows actors looking like zombies shambling around, and the troops in training just mows them down, while rescuing other actors.

This is showing how the government wants to have the soldiers view us. As a hoard, ready to kill them. So when it comes time to shoot, they do it with the trained thought that we might hurt them. This also goes hand in hand with the targets that are gun toting citizens.

There is no other reason why the government will use these kinds of enemies in these scenarios. They won't waste there time with fantasy just for the purposes of putting everyone at ease. Since when were they worried about everyone in the surrounding areas alarm? Why waste time setting this up to put everyone at ease instead of just a wide public announcement of "it's only a drill"? Let everyone know beforehand?

Nope, they are training these troops to kill without second thought. They want them to view any civies as enemies, and enemies that are bent on your death.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigman88
I could have sworn the CDC came out with some kind of mock comic illustration detailing how to handle a possible zombie outbreak.

CDC Comic Illustration & Military Zombie Training

ETA: Source Foreignpolicy & CONPLAN 8888
edit on 28-5-2014 by Danowski because: added links

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have a plan as well, real simple to follow.........RUN MOTHA%#@$&* RUN !!!!! NOTE TO RUNNERS: DO NOT RUN BESIDE ME AS I WILL INVOKE THE ZOMBIE SLOW DOWN TRIP.

edit on 28-5-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Interesting wouldn't doubt anything these days. It would be safe if there was a way to produce meat mounds injected with something that destroys the teeth and nails of potential bitters.

Many who joke on this subject or take it lightly forget the hades once where normal like if not family members and may have been bitten or exposed from sky/land/water bio/chem toxin-agent. all it takes is a power demonic human soul destined to lower the vibrations of many to go rouge, this is why it has been considered by 1 to destroy their teeth and nails with a solution within meat mounds even add knockout toxin that will then allow you to round up suspended individuals for re-location, in hope of a cure share-find release eventually... It could be also a cycled event?
Read it was just a plan used to seem to outrageous to be true as not to upset communities in observation range of exercises, but it would be wise to have a plan just in case...

NAMASTE*******

top topics

join