It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collection of knowledge question: Would you learn all?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
You wouldn't learn what people of past generations uploaded. Lets just say its done like this so as to not overload the system with useless knowledge that is now obsolete.

I would be far more interested in the experiences of those long dead than many who are alive now - think of all the forgotten knowledge from 1000's of years ago.

Mohammed, Jesus, Buddha, Pharoh's, Sumerians, Akkadians, Babylonians etc especially those who were just starting to record info on tablets using glyphs.

All those shaman, druids and other mystical types - think of the herb knowledge alone.

Also would finally get answers on all those odd glyphs that seem to depict alien technology.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The only thing is, the "Elites" and other officials would opt out, so we would never learn the truth or our true history. Neat idea though.
Firepiston

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is an interesting and deeply intriguing question.

I think that even with the embarrassing things ive done in my life, there are some areas of my life where things were dull, so while im at school doing finger paints another person of another age is going to war or inventing velcro or something, perhaps painting art or creating buildings.

Yes i would do it. Not sure i would contribute a whole lot, but if i can have all theirs too it would be worth it for me at least.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Very interesting thread. Honestly, I'd probably share most things except my most personal shameful secrets, because I have no need to know the most personal shameful secrets of other people. Actually I think there's a fair chance that something like this already exists, some sort of "global consciousness field" which we can all tap into. Our subconscious mind has easier access to it than the conscious mind, and we often pull information from it during sleep, imo. In fact there is a lecture by neuroscientist Michael Persinger called "No More Secrets" where he claims there is evidence that some type of global consciousness field does exist and he posits that we can build technology capable of tapping into it. Definitely a must watch if you haven't seen it:

And here's an ATS thread related to the video:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
An interesting proposition, on the one hand think of what you could learn, on the other... think of what others may learn from you.

I would decline such an offer for two reasons.

1) Life is a journey of discovery, far more is learned if experienced.

2) It is already posited that all learned from each individual exists in the realm of consciousness as a collective, all we need do is know how to tap into it...of course this is all metaphysically speaking.

Of course that's not to say the scenario isn't without its charm.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
seems like a full proof plan to show alien encounters and other experiences to non present viewers.

Iv thought of this idea many times, Sure it would interesting.

But i believe a global event is taking place and you all will have your chance as seeing some strange as long as you devote a little time to it.

You can't be sitting inside everyday and expect to see *stuff*
In that case, you are more likely to have things visit your room before you see something to and from home.

One has to spend time outside and in lowly populated locations to see/hear things from outside that sound totally bizzar.

There places in this planet where unknown screams are heard in the night. Screams and growls you've never heard from any animal on national geographics.

Things do exist out there, and If this technology existed. It would weed away the true experiences from the hoaxers who are just seeking attention or wish to push a religious agenda.

we might never see this kind of technology go public because of the secrets that wern't meant to be known would be floating around for all to see and believe 100%. There is no way a person can fake a memory, and if the images are being projected in high definition. Well #. Good luck channelers with proving your contacting skills.
I'd be sitting here with people flocking to my place of residence asking me all sorts of questions i'v probably been asked already by people in this town who know the whitnesses i was with.

At the same time, it would freak a lot of people out. I wouldn't mind that part

I Bet they would just go into shock from seeing it.

You mentioned age groups tho, most of my experiences were from 18-20 so maybe have the age group go to 20 as well? Or just have everyone imput their lives.

A huge problem with this, and a fact it might actually become a public thing now that i think about it.
People that are murderers and criminals will have all their secrets exposed. Maybe it can be used on criminals after they are convicted with a life sentence.
That way psychologists can view the holograms of that mans life and group him like a survay along with other convicts to better understand the living conditions of these people.

This would be sort of like Golden eye a bit. Or many sci-fi movies out there, Like 12 monkies. or paycheck. I think there is quite a few movies that discuss these topics.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I already know everything that is known. Go ahead and ask me a question, and I will answer them all correctly to prove it.

How long is a piece of string (theory)?

This might be best answered with the equation:

[(1+1)/2(1)]/0

Ah, can you see the error there!

If you can't try applying this equation E=MC Hammer and I think you'll soon deduce where you went wrong.

edit on 28-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
Things do exist out there

I agree.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Nice premise. The more I read about the 'mind/consciousness tech' of yoga, dzogchen and friends (not the religious bits, that's just stale cache entries) the more it seems this is already implemented in the raw universe. Single consciousness, multiple viewpoints. Access rights symmetrical to what is unconditionally shared. What breaks a time conditioned brain is that the shared access view is non-causal, yet tending to optimize over the whole. So there is a point to solving the rubic's n-tesseract. It just doesn't map well to lower dimensions.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is a Stargate episode I believe?

No, my memories are mine they are what makes me...me. The knowledge that I have I worked hard for, to just give that away seems crazy. I do not want anyone else's memories either. Thanks, but i'd rather read a book.

People would do this though, they are lazy and becoming lazier by the day. It is so much more rewarding to simply learn things for yourself though. Actually I can see something like this leading to the path of "Idiocracy". People would forget how to learn things for themselves and rely on these brain sharing machines. One should never rely on machines, they break down.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
This is a Stargate episode I believe?

I've seen every episode of every season of every show (SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe) of Stargate, and I don't remember anything like this in any of the episodes. Although, there are quite a few episodes, so I could be forgetting something. The only thing I remember is [then] Colonel O'neill (with 2 l's, lol) had all the knowledge of the Ancients downloaded into his brain,....twice, if I recall. The difference being, he didn't have to give any of his own knowledge to get it. Pretty sure. It's been a year or two since I saw that (those) episode(s).

edit on 29-5-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230

SG1, season three episode five...Learning Curve

It is actually very creepy. This race of people sends their children (the ones who are chosen) to other worlds to learn new things, then they bring them back and download all of their memories. Once their memories have been downloaded they cease to exist as before, they become like a new born baby everything that they learned has gone to serve the betterment of their people. Then they cast them aside to live in some lowly dorm type place...wtf? I only remembered this episode because the thought of downloading my memories is just too horrifying to me.

so not exactly like the op stated in the beginning but still..memory sharing, no thanks.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
a reply to: 7918465230

SG1, season three episode five...Learning Curve

Touché. Rings a bell now.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Now think of the memory concept but taken a step further. And implanted into mechanical avatars.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I don't think our brains have the capacity to retain all of our accumulated knowledge. It may have been possible 100 years or so ago but considering the rate we are accumulating knowledge these days is increasing exponentially I just don't think we would have the space.

It may however be possible to create some kind of machine memory interface/hard drive that's compatible with our own nervous systems like the ones in the movie Johnny Mnemonic.

edit on 2-6-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I don't think our brains have the capacity to retain all of our accumulated knowledge. It may have been possible 100 years or so ago but considering the rate we are accumulating knowledge these days is increasing exponentially I just don't think we would have the space.

It may however be possible to create some kind of machine memory interface/hard drive that's compatible with our own nervous systems like the ones in the movie Johnny Mnemonic.

Yeah, like nano-bots. I haven't seen the movie, but essentially they're machines the size of a blood cell or smaller that would be injected into your bloodstream and could be programed for a variety of tasks. Examples would be to extend your life indefinitely by stopping the decay of the Telomerase in your DNA (essentially stopping, or even reversing aging), to curing all disease, to enhance your physical abilities (maybe even give you seemingly superhuman powers), and more to the point, they could be routed to your brain and connect themselves to your brain cells or the synapses, and vastly increase your intelligence. I would imagine this could also be used to wirelessly connect you to a computer, so technically you could connect yourself to the net just by thinking of it, or connect yourself to a supercomputer, giving you much more processing power (imagine the supercomputers we'll have in even the near future).

Look up some of Eric Drexler's work. He has plenty of videos on youtube. His idea of nanofabricators (replicator on Star Trek) is very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join