It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collection of knowledge question: Would you learn all?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
SO I was thinking,

What if there existed a technology where you could volunteer everything you know to be pooled and shared with anyone willing to plug in and download it.

Imagine if there was a place where you could upload everything you have ever known /experienced and simultaneously download the collective knowledge of other volunteers.

It would have its risks sure. Your personal information would be compromised. Your personal secrets would be out there for all to know.

I think it wouldn't be as bad so long as enough people shared their lives that your own secrets would be drowned out. If you worked dealing with sensitive information you would have to consider that.

I will make it easy.

1-You can choose what you upload.

There is a catch.

2-If you want to learn all you have to upload all. If you want to keep some things from others you cant have all of other peoples knowledge.

Its proportionate to what you offer.

I will add an additional condition.

3-This is all a prize that you can claim or not at 3 points in your life. The first at 10, the second at 30 and the third at 70.

4-You only have access to the pool of knowledge for each age group at those specific intervals. You cant learn what 30 and 70 Year olds know at 10 but you can learn all that is known to your specific group. Also, all that is available is limited to those that are alive and uploaded their minds when you pooled your knowledge. You wouldn't learn what people of past generations uploaded. Lets just say its done like this so as to not overload the system with useless knowledge that is now obsolete.

5-if you always chose to reveal all and learn all at all 3 stages, when you reach 80 you will have the option of all things being revealed to you from all pools that were ever shared ever. SO you would learn all that mankind has ever revealed to the pool of knowledge ever from countless past lives of countless people since the pooling was first started.

Would you? and to what extent?

Would your curiosity get the better of you and always make you choose to upload all in hopes of learning all?

I see a movie in this. Its called "pool ®" Buyers? lol

edit on 5 28 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
They would want to edit my memories, just like is done on Wikipedia. The urge to do this would become overwhelming. Of course I don't like this idea. The idea that a troll could mess with someone's memory. Even if just an image of it.

People are meddlesome, nosy, and bossy.

Testimony, on the other hand is admissible in court. Usually. Well... maybe.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

no its another condition. All knowledge /experiences once shared are done so AS IS. The system doesnt allow editing.

If you dont want to share something you dont have to. Once you do the knowledge /experiences are shared unedited.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The technology, even the media itself, will always fall into other hands.

Design it to amass testimony, not memories, and I would be interested.

But that's just me. Hopefully someone else has a completely different take on it.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Interesting question Tadaman.

I would choose all every time. Of course I have done things that I may not want revealed, but who hasn't? I haven't done anything that would land me in jail, just mostly little embarrassing things. I assume they are the same embarrassing things other people would have to share if they chose like I did. Maybe that would kind of even out the "blackmail" issue if it ever arose. Those that know those things about you, would not be able to tell all because you would then know things about them. Turn about is fair play and all.

Knowledge is always power and I think gaining it may very well be worth sharing some embarrassing moments with those whom feel the same way.

There is a movie I think you might like. It's called The Final Cut -

AFAIK it is still currently available on Netflix if you have it.

It is somewhat similar... kind of. I highly recommend it if you have the time. I enjoyed it a lot. It makes you think about what if. If you get the chance to watch it, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
edit on 5/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I already know everything that is known. Go ahead and ask me a question, and I will answer them all correctly to prove it.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

No mike.

Not in my hypothetical situation. We defeated the worlds evil and are now awesome...LOL

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
WOW that looks like a great movie.

Right down my alley.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I would choose all always too. I am just another guy, What do I care if some other random guy knows my life.

I think the potential for greater knowledge is worth the risks it entails.

I would wonder what the people who would end up learning all would think about us /life? What great truths they would uncover. What wisdom they would impart....

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You're welcome. I don't usually do recommendations, but this one is worth it.

I agree with you about what we could uncover. I think how many out there have knowledge far beyond our belief that haven't hit the radar whether they prefer to is another question. You know there are people out there just living every day life that make someone like Einstein look utterly uneducated. Take all of that and share it with others and there is no telling what the human race could come up with (hopefully more good than bad). It would be a technological boom the likes of which we have never seen I imagine. I find it hard to believe that we would not be able to solve a lot of our problems if this were possible. Again.... if we could keep the evil intentions out of it of course.

edit on 5/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Earthly reality, I like the idea for a future but for the weakness of technology and those who do not want to partake of the experience.

How ever, as you have put this in the philosophy and metaphysics forum, if we wanted to augment your suggestions with a spiritual overlay we might see all of this in a reincarnational perspective. One where all karma has been balanced and we were all free to choose or invent our next existences as we prepare to release ourselves from the wheel of Earthly life. A next world of our choosing type of thing. In this kind of perspective we all may be doing this already just to degrees we haven't figured out yet. Then again, maybe we just did.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I'd probably have to really think about it pretty hard, but I think the answer would be a solid nnnnesss. Lol.

Honestly though, no offense, but the idea is a tad stupid. I'd rather download all the knowledge mankind has gathered over the centuries (math, history, science, etc. Stuff you can learn in a college), and/or possibly all the information the internet as to offer (just the worthy stuff), and belay having to upload my personal memories to others. I frankly don't care about others people's lives anyway, I just want to know all the correct information they have amassed. That way I get to be one of the smartest people to every have lived, and still get to keep my privacy.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230

ah but that honesty is what would make you worthy.

If you just wanted to learn math for instance, you would have to upload lets say literature.

No other vast all encompassing amount of knowledge in all other areas would be available. You would learn only as much as you learned on your own and in turn uploaded for others.

Now if you had a genuine thirst for knowledge and good intentions you would upload everything you learned and experienced and would be rewarded with everything others had for your honest heart /mind trying to fill itself by filling others.

If you were absolutely honest and always chose to give to mankind all that you are, you would be rewarded with everything you seek eventually: All that has ever been known. You would also be worthy of it.

If not you would only be given what you were worthy of / capable of handling.

Evil selfish hearts /minds would never be filled to their content.

I worded it like this on purpose.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I'd probably do it.

Although on the surface, in a perfect world this would be an excellent idea as it would destroy the need for competition, passive or aggressive, however, think of the downside. It would be another medium in which to introduce viri as well as surveillance. Imagine a situation such as the book Cell, where a neuro-synaptic modifying frequency chain is introduced to the world population via cell phones, after which all those effected have their frontal lobes and reasoning centers turned off leaving nothing more than animals in people-suits. Not a pleasant scenario.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The Dark Sea of Consciousness...
Well - what is there to gain or lose?
Nothing.
I know nothing... All I have is...experience.
And - as far as I know - that's all there is...to know/gain.
My experience may be more embarrassing than yours...but - as long as I am straight with myself - what is there to lose?
If your experience is more painful than mine - - - while I don't want any more pain - I still don't want you to have to deal with more pain than I have... So - I would say, "Yes - I will share your pain."

Interesting thought/s (as usual
)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

If you just wanted to learn math for instance, you would have to upload lets say literature.

No other vast all encompassing amount of knowledge in all other areas. You would learn only as much as you learned on your own and in turn uploaded.

Now if you had genuine thirst for knowledge you would upload everything you learned and experienced and would be rewarded with everything others had for your honest heart trying to fill itself.

If you were absolutely honest and always chose to give to mankind all that you are, you would be rewarded with everything you seek eventually. all that has ever been known.

If not you would only be given what you were worthy of / capable of handling.

Evil selfish hearts /minds would never be filled to their content.

I worded it like this on purpose.

Well, considering I've always been arguing with people about their stupidity, and trying to explain various things to them that seem basic to me, and honestly SHOULD be to everyone else, only to have them still not understand, and considering that's the only option I have in this game, then yes I would. I would however, be very unsettled at the complete loss of my privacy due to only wanting to learn everything there is to know. I still think there should be a way around that.

Maybe I'll just wait for the nano-bots to be inserted into my brain so I can download information at my own discretion (Matrix style. "I know Kung-Fu", lol) , and at least have the possibility of keeping my privacy. Then I'd be paranoid about them monitoring my every thought via the nano-bots though, lol.
edit on 28-5-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I already know everything that is known. Go ahead and ask me a question, and I will answer them all correctly to prove it.

How long is a piece of string (theory)?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

This might be best answered with the equation:

[(1+1)/2(1)]/0

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I may want Einstein's knowledge but would not have any interest in his personal experiences.

The people close to me, I would hope to better understand by knowing more about their personal experiences. However, they may not be able to offer so much knowledge.

If everybody is doing it, your own personal datamaybe drowned out to the general public, but those who do database searches for certain keywords would be able to target specific groups such as political opponents.

I would not be interested in learning or downloading things the person does not voluntarily offer me personally. Would you really want the kind of honesty that you're suggesting from your wife?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

This might be best answered with the equation:

[(1+1)/2(1)]/0

Ah, can you see the error there!

If you can't try applying this equation E=MC Hammer and I think you'll soon deduce where you went wrong.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

twice the length of half?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join