It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What/Who created God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
gahh- God can NEVER be created.
if this "God" was created, then somone higher would be, thus not "God"

"God" doesnt just get the power AFTER he is made, cause God's power is the highest, none can acheive, God cant be created.

gahh- The universe can NEVER be created.
if this "Universe" was created, then someone would be higher, thus not a "Universe"

Power? Highest? He? If a God exists, what can anyone know about? And is your believe in a personal God based on you believing we were created?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have a hard time with the concept of something with infinite knowledge and power. If this is true, then that entity would have the ability to create itself. This is like nothing creating something. It really does boggle the mind to think that our world is just a matrix reality of sorts, but real reality is based on infinite energy, time, knowledge, etc. The only thing I can think of is that nothingness has to be an impossibility because it cannot exist at the same time that something does exist. Since something does exist, logically nothingness can never exist. I need an aspirin now.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I believe that God has always existed as He is an eternal spirit, and that He is the creator of all things.

All religions have ascribed that God has 3 fundamental qualities:

Omnipetence - all powerful

Omniscience - all knowing

and Omnipresence - presence in all things

Here is an interesting read:

The 99 Names of God and their meanings (from the Qur'an)

www.mlife.org...

<< 1   >>

join