It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US the Pot calling the kettle Black!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Just a question, does it not seem like our leaders are the pot calling the kettle black. I mean it seems like now that we are terrorizing Iraq we have displaced well over 300,000 people in fallujah alone.
I am not a terrorist empathizer I am however a humanist and isn't there a point where we say stop or is it going to be like this for the people of Iraq until we are happy. When US soldiers first started coming home from Iraq they said the Iraqi people we happy the US was there, and as time has worn on many soldiers now say that the people are fed up ( I would be to) which I guess is only natural because of the total destruction of Iraq.

I guess my question is at what point does the war on terrorism become Terrorism?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
When this "war" is based on false ideas and beliefs. Then yes i do think we (me being part of the UK) are the one's who in fairness are terrorizing the rest of the world. If only Bush could see that democracy is not perfect by any means, maybe they should look at problems alot closer to home before they think of even looking outside their borders for a reason for warfare. Halliburton and Carlyle are the only people gaining.
I think alot of people just think they'll be safer if we invade other countries... but i don't feel safer. These Goldstein enemies, really must see too much TV/Media time to scare some of you ... *sighs* maybe thats the problem

Anyways i've gone off on some wild tangents... but you get my point, yes the US is been hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yep--spread "freedom" (or at least your brand of it) all over the place, and systematically strip the freedoms of your own people.

I say get out of there and let other countries deal with their own problems themselves.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The American government are extreamly hypocritical, contridictary and also lies to get what it wants.

Does this answer your question?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't think for one minute that we are terrorising IRAQ. We are there to help. I know this wasn't the case at the start, but as time goes on we have to clear the Saddamites out to make a better way of life for the people remaining.

As you mentioned, the Iraqi people were glad of coalition intervention , but they are now getting fed up. This is because of the amount of insurgents who still want the Saddam way of life to remain.
Until theses insurgents are dealt with and gone, the people will have no stability in their lives. this will take years as a pose to months.

The governments have lied to us about what it was all about, but now we are there, we have to help these people get back to some kind of normality. How we do this is a mystery to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sure the US Soldiers are there to HELP... Yes of course they are, thats what they are generally supposed to be doing in Iraq... But they are generally doing a bad job, and there are quite a few soldiers who dont give a #, and are racist F**KERS and terrorise Iraqie citizens.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You have only media coverage as to what is going on over there..

What about all the hostage takings ending in beheading? is that that not terrorism to the extreme?

Open your eyes and see exactly what is going on. Don't believe everything the media broadcasts.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
Just a question, does it not seem like our leaders are the pot calling the kettle black. I mean it seems like now that we are terrorizing Iraq we have displaced well over 300,000 people in fallujah alone.
I am not a terrorist empathizer I am however a humanist and isn't there a point where we say stop

Stop? How is stopping supposed to end anything? What do you mean stop? leave? Not fight the insurgents?

or is it going to be like this for the people of Iraq until we are happy.

Happy? How about it goes like this until the insurgents stop fighting. Or until the Iraqi government requests that the US leave?

I guess my question is at what point does the war on terrorism become Terrorism?

When unarmed citizens are rounded up in massive concentration camps and gased and when entire cities are firebomed instead of strategic targets being struck. When civilians are targetted and regular people are rounded up and tortured.

There is no iraqi insurgent government to terrorize its citizens to get them to force it to change its policies. There people being attacked are the iraqi insurgents, not the iraqi people. Hell, the public in general is being killed by the insurgents with their road and market bombs. The US certainly made things difficult for the Fallujans by ordering them out of the city, but they didn't then burn the city, execute the men and ship the women back to DC to dance on table tops. The War on Terror can't be considered terrorism merely because war is terrible. 'sKinda like saying WWII was anti-nazi terrorism. Hell if it was then it was still a good thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

By Geocom

When mother and child are scared to leave their homes in case they are mistaken as millitary targets.

The war in Iraq is over. What we are seeing now is the military occupation. There is still some support for the reasons to be there, but it is waning.

That is why Bush needs a new frontier, so the problems in Iraq will be out of the spotlight just as we now hear very little of whats going on in Afghanistan.

There is no exit strategy so don't expect them to be leaving any time soon, unless it's in a body bag.

top topics

join