It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Pakistani woman stoned to death by family

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Associated Press

Sorry, I'm on my iPhone so I'll keep this short...

What kind of person can murder one of their own family members? Seriously, the psychological state of these people really disturbs me. It's not like it is just a few crazy people here and there. The article makes it clear that it happens quite often. Once is too often if you ask me.

I'm a Christian, and I realize that's not very popular on this site. I respect everyone's opinions, and I know I shouldn't judge. However, I think this 'radical' Islam is evil. I think it hinders psychological development. I think it creates mindless soldiers for it's aggressive growth. The rhetoric that I've heard and read from subscribers of it don't sound like they have but one foot in reality. I think it's more than a religion, it's programming. Participants no longer think for themselves. They are like the Borg, and when someone steps outside the lines they are terminated. Can any of you imagine having enough faith in your beliefs to go on a suicide bombing, and feel good and secure about doing it?

I know this is nothing new, it still shocks me every time I hear something like this...smh

edit on 27-5-2014 by lambs to lions because: Edit

edit on 27-5-2014 by lambs to lions because: Sp

edit on 27-5-2014 by lambs to lions because: Add

edit on 27-5-2014 by lambs to lions because: Lol

+28 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Islam is danger and biggest threat to humanity.Future great war probably will be between humans and brainwashed islamic di*heads.
edit on 27-5-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
To them it's OK and she probably knew the consequences of what she was doing and went along with it anyway... I'm not saying it's right, but they stone people over their for less so this isn't shocking. She should have got her families approval if she didn't want to be disowned!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
They haven't a clue as to what "honor" is. I admit that being an American... this still shocks and angers me. I am aware that it goes on, but I suppose I am still insulated from it mostly. I can not even begin to imagine living a life like that.

As long as radical Islam is able to flourish as it has been, this will continue to happen with more frequency. The more folks try to move away from it, the more this will happen.

I am saddened and sickened when I read things like this while I am typing on my iPad, watching my tv, marrying who I want, etc. I just can not even fathom it.
I don't understand how people can be so brutal and so uncaring to anyone, let alone their own child.
edit on 5/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I've also noticed the article never mentions Islam. It only mentions honor killing. The world is too worried about offending someone that it leaves key facts out of news, etc.

Wouldn't want show negativity towards Islam. Then all the fake angry cry babies would unite and make a big fuss about how Islam is a peaceful religion...blah blah nlah

+6 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

I disagree, there is no way to rationalize this. She should have quietly snuck out in the night and left her insane culture in its literal dust.

+2 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

Taking a human life (in this case 2) over a principle of religious dogma ... frigging animals.. Take that back, animals are a higher form of life.

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

That's why I think it's brainwashing. If I smashed my sister's skull with a brick, my life would be over. I couldn't live with myself. But, apparently they all were proud about dealing out the punishment. Sick.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The thing is, I don't feel bad for people who get killed. They're already dead, so they don't care. I do feel bad for the family members for the loss that they are going to have to endure. So, when the ones who are supposed to feel hurt are the ones who committed the murder, I guess I shouldn't feel anything. I do feel ashamed of the ignorance in the world that leads people to do these things for senseless reasons though. There are some stupid people in this world.

+5 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
To them it's OK and she probably knew the consequences of what she was doing and went along with it anyway... I'm not saying it's right, but they stone people over their for less so this isn't shocking. She should have got her families approval if she didn't want to be disowned!

After rewriting my response several damned times trying not to severely violate t&c's; you've made it a daunting task.

Sick, demented, deranged BS.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Yes, but where is the justice? Who avenges their brutal murders? This girl in particular was pregnant and in love. I feel bad for her fiancée. Can you imagine the horror he must have felt watching her body get mutilated on the courthouse steps? It makes me angry, very angry.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
a reply to: smithjustinb

Yes, but where is the justice? Who avenges their brutal murders? This girl in particular was pregnant and in love. I feel bad for her fiancée. Can you imagine the horror he must have felt watching her body get mutilated on the courthouse steps? It makes me angry, very angry.

Yeah I feel bad for the dude. Justice needs to be served. Unfortunately, in their minds, it already was.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

That's the ONLY reason the post remained pretty much untouched I think. It's hard to have rational thought/discussion after reading something like that.

I also don't think that being "disowned" is what she would have worried about. I guess she should have just STFU and did what they said so she could have "lived" (if that's what you can call it). /sarcasm

edit on 5/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have a friend who is from Afghanistan, and I see how they think about women. The wife does every thing around the house (inside and out). She acts more like a servant. He has three sons and three daughters and one new daughter in-law, the daughters are like second citizens. They want to married them off as soon as possible.

Here is an example: While my wife was in a rehab facility for a stroke, I would visit her every day especially for meals. But if I was at my friends house and told him I had to leave to see my wife for dinner, he would always say 'why are you not staying here for dinner'. It was like he could not understand I want to be with my wife and she would want to see me.

Some people could say oh it is a Muslim thing. I say it is a Middle east cultural thing. My wife is from Indonesia (the most populous Muslim country), and I have never seen that kind of attitude, except for those who are trying to copy Saudi culture.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but how did the husband do an interview after that? If it were my wife getting beat to death I would have had to be subdued by someone for beating her father to death. Did he just stand there and watch it all happen?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

What kind of person can murder one of their own family members?

Religious conservatives, but they don't just kill their own family members, anyone's fair game. How many people do our conservatives kill through war, pollution, etc?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

It's how things are done over their, don't blame me I don't make the rules...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
a reply to: 3u40r15m

I disagree, there is no way to rationalize this. She should have quietly snuck out in the night and left her insane culture in its literal dust.

I'm not rationalizing it... I'm just saying it happens alot over their and the lady knew her family had intent to harm her upon leaving the courthouse. She should have quietly left and did what she did, I agree with that.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
*Cue the responses from people who point out that Christians killed a lot of people 500+ years ago, as if anybody defends the actions of the Inquisition.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

However, I think this 'radical' Islam is evil. I think it hinders psychological development. I think it creates mindless soldiers for it's aggressive growth. The rhetoric that I've heard and read from subscribers of it don't sound like they have but one foot in reality. I think it's more than a religion, it's programming. Participants no longer think for themselves. They are like the Borg, and when someone steps outside the lines they are terminated. Can any of you imagine having enough faith in your beliefs to go on a suicide bombing, and feel good and secure about doing it?

You could be describing Christianity right up to the point of the suicide bombing. Religious extremism is bad and there's been no lack of horror committed by followers of all three Abrahamic religions. Understand that in all three, it is the same God who demanded genocide.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join