It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSecret Attraction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I need to put this out there for I've noticed something recently I can't explain and I want to know if any of you are sharing in this also.
I have been with ATS for about 8-9 years, a lurker at first, then subscriber eventually in 2010. I spent the first year or two in 2010 as a daily inhabitant, thread builder and came to know quite a few of you from your posts and threads. In 2011 I left for personal reasons, which some day I would love to disclose, but once all that settled I came back, which was a couple of months ago.

I have noticed many changes in ATS but one big change that I cannot explain from my recent involvement(that was not apparent a couple years ago) is I feel attracted(I don't know if 'attracted' is the best word but I can't explain the feeling any other way and I don't mean attracted in a sexual way) to some of the users on this site.
I know this sounds weird, please hear me out. Ever since I've been back the last few months certain avatars, names, even the way some of you write 'feels' familiar somehow. Almost like I know intimate details about the person behind the account. When I read I can hear the voice in my head(no speed-reading here at ATS) change from post to post. If I dwell on the words then close my eyes an image of a person almost appears. Now this does not happen every single time with every single post but it is becoming more and more frequent. Of course I know I have no way of proving this realistically, for it is a personal emotional reaction of some kind to something I never reacted to before. I am finding it quite strange and exiting, both at the same time.

Simply that is it!
I almost feel like the universe is trying to tell me something here, I just don't know what yet???
Are any of you having this same experience?
Has it just begun recently for you also?
Do you feel at times threads you post are somehow meant for one specific person to read? (You don't know who until after they respond, later on. Even if you never have seen them before)
Strange synchronicity?

I have my psychiatrist on speed dial right now, for topics like this usually do not impress me!
But after this has happened time and time again now, I wonder if something else is at work here. . . even if it may be a socially synchronic form of conditioning built upon by mass communication and instantaneous global awareness that we are all exposed to now.

What are your thoughts?

Thx. . . AB

+8 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well, its bound to happen when you spend a lot of time around these parts!

We're like a big old loony family

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I think I get it.

But what it really made me think of is an awesome story idea. ATS would be a covert think tank that used incredibly sophisticated algorithms to determine their target members alongside "fodder" members for cover. They then cherry-pick and "recruit" using a series of life-interfering subtle events that set things in motion for the person to eventually become involved with the forum. The attraction would be that there is some underlying commonality that each member shared.

Interesting idea and a thought provoking thread.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
it's a combination of

&&&&

tuen your blender on HIGH and go from there.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Interesting. I went through a stage like this during 2013. Don't know if I somehow ascended while reading some of the more peculiar topics here, was abducted...or slipped into an alternate reality for that year.

All I know is...there are some members here, if I ever do hear their voices in real life...my delusions will be shattered.

Thanks for the thread...now, to try to get that prophetic song, out of my head....."you can check in but you can't check out..."

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If you start to hear voices like a Drag Queen in knee high cowboy boots singing Ethel Merman tunes...It might be time to get a check up...LOL

Welcome back!

Peace

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Interesting perspective AB. For myself not really sure and as I've only been around ATS for a short while there's nothing for me to gauge it against.

One thing I do know is that in both face to face interactions as well as online interactions it is possible for people to project things or hide things as they wish. Perhaps more people are being more open and honest about how they really feel as opposed to other times... IDK but open and honest people are much more interesting and socially more engaged, even when we disagree with them.
edit on 083pm5252pm82014 by Bassago because: typo

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

I have my psychiatrist on speed dial right now, for topics like this usually do not impress me!
But after this has happened time and time again now, I wonder if something else is at work here. . . even if it may be a socially synchronic form of conditioning built upon by mass communication and instantaneous global awareness that we are all exposed to now.

What are your thoughts?

Thx. . . AB

Just put your psychiatrist on hold, if psychiatrists really knew who we are, and the whyfor, they would be paying you for your thoughts.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It is ok most ladies feel that way about me

sorry but you will have to join the cue

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Meeting a number of us users would probably 'cure' you. In my experience hardly any users on any site are how you imagine them.

Back in the day, before the turn of the century, when only few people had access to a scanner and even fewer to a digital camera, most irl meetings were blind. And I always got surprised, when people looked and sounded different than I had expected, because I had that same (I think) feeling of knowing, that you do.

Eventually I accepted the feeling as unreliable but undeniable and just sort of ignored it. It is still there though - I heard you voice when I read your post, and knew why you left.

(and if I'm even remotely right, then, good for you; turned out you're stronger than both you and BLANK thought!)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

With similar time and space experiences with ATS as you, I understand what you mean. However, I will quickly develop an affinity to members who reflect my own ideals about being a good human — honest with your hearts and thoughts and not suffering fools gladly. ATS grew its member base rapidly in the time I wasn't posting and although it attracted an even wackier crowd, by the numbers alone there was good chance more like-minded souls would venture down the conspiratorial rabbit hole. They did and like you tend to quickly intuit the good ones!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

I know this sounds weird, please hear me out. Ever since I've been back the last few months certain avatars, names, even the way some of you write 'feels' familiar somehow. Almost like I know intimate details about the person behind the account. When I read I can hear the voice in my head(no speed-reading here at ATS) change from post to post. If I dwell on the words then close my eyes an image of a person almost appears. Now this does not happen every single time with every single post but it is becoming more and more frequent. Of course I know I have no way of proving this realistically, for it is a personal emotional reaction of some kind to something I never reacted to before. I am finding it quite strange and exiting, both at the same time.

You could just be psychic. Write down/draw the impressions you get about the members with whom you're having this experience. Kinda like remote viewing. Then ask the person if any of your impressions are accurate.

Those results would be fascinating, if they cooperated with you and didn't just think you were stalking them.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I had passing attractions for a few members when I was single. I think it's only natural to be drawn to people with similar interests or even the occasional one you clash with. I think most people here are looking to discuss issues that are important to them, that can't necessarily find people within their family and friend circles to do so with, so that probably intensifies it some... that, "this person gets it!" vibe. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, enjoy it

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry I had that effect on you.
please don't stalk me ok (:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You know it is a proof of synchronicity, feelings make synchronicity more powerful, but I think that compatibility is the most significant factor. It must be something magic, right?

Telephaty is related to synchronicity and compatibility too, I had some personal experiencies with that...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Yes, my experience mirror's DestinyOne where subconsciously I developed unique "voices" for individual key members that consistantly were maintained for years.

Perhaps that wained over time though because I spent less constant participation...especially when the banning of a key member "shattered" all faith for a long period. I am sure members recall that event.

So you are normal after all!!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Intellectual attraction is a wonderful thing and ATS is full of real babes.

We should have a "Women of ATS" calendar.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Now you are just really flattering me!! come by for an e-coffee or something sometime!!

link   
I think it is only natural to begin to feel as if you truly know people you see, hear or interact with on a regular basis. Kind of like how people watch daily talk shows or listen to daily radios show not so much because of what the shows are about but, more that you have formed an attachment to those people. Or it could be aliens, hard to tell.
edit on 27-5-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

link   
Now now love get in line please I have many ATS filly's to keep entertained lol

It is odd even though I have never met any of you in person I do have my faves and I love the odd flirt

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join