It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Smoke or drink?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I drink a bit not as much as i once did, i guess you learn from your mistakes
dont smoke cigarettes but over here we use tobacco to help our sensi burn (also takes some of the harshness off) smoke weed nearly every night as do 80% of my friends. I have also experimented with drugs the most recent being mushrooms which were very enjoyable!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I drink rarely
I don't smoke Cigs
I smoke weed quite a bit

Nothing more!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ah, my youth, the life of been there, done that. Do it today, pay for it for half a week.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Ah, my youth, the life of been there, done that. Do it today, pay for it for half a week.

Ya, it's depressing to know that you are getting older when you can't abuse your body the way you use too.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I drink but don't smoke. I've decided to stay away from smoking since smokers smell like a wet dog. If your a pet owner you'll know what I mean. LOL

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Currently:

3 cups of coffee a day (plus frozen coffee pops I make myself with cream and sugar in the freezer. Incredible and cheep!)

A cigar every month or so. Park Lane by Dunhill, or else a Royal Jamaica in the maduro wrapper. Smooth.

A gin martini with 2 cubes and 2 olives, stirred. (shaking bruises the vermouth!). dry. once a week or so.

A single malt every week or so. Glenlivet, Glenmorangie, or Macallan. Got a bottle of Talisker from my bro., but haven't opened it yet.

maybe a glass of bordeaux w/ dinner, or a port after. 1nce a week.

My homemade blueberry liquer in a snifter, or else over ice cream!

I don't drink more than 2 drinks in 24 hours, as it dulls the senses and affects my spiritual regimen.

I gave up drug abuse when I got serious about religion.
Here's what I did when I had no purpose:

marijuana
hashish
coc aine
coc aine smoked mixed w/ marijuana ("coco-puffs")
raw opium
morphine
pcp
amyltryptamine
mushrooms
peyote
mescal
lsd

I have been clean of all of the above since october of 1995.
I have not had a cigarette since new year's eve 1997.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
good stuff man (dr strange) i just gave you a way above vote. It seems like the least i can do, you seem to be looking after your self.
I gave you the vote because you mentioned you became more religious and you sound disiplined- this site has really changed my outlook on life, at the beginning of this year i read a book on meditation and before that i always believed in what most people would call paranormal though i have seen things that proove it to me i havent had these experiences in many years.
( not anything as radical as abductions but i have experinced 'things' meddeling with our landing lights telling me it was going to turn them off. One christmas eve the lights turned on and my mum even shouted and asked if i turned them on my bedroom was nearest to the switch then and her berdroom was over the landing- we were the only people in the house at the time plus there were no voices. The tv in that room used to come on randomly and show static sometimes i could walk upstairs and sense it before i got half way up, and the worst thing i experienced was when i was about 5/6 years old was when i looked out of my window on a sunny evening only to see 2 reflections in the window with me one was an old lady possibly a nanny or a mother figure some one who was supposed to look after this baby that was laying on a blanket to the other side of me some how i felf as if the lady was cold and the baby was in trouble but some how i knew that i could not interfere and that was what sent the vision away) I have always been interested in astral projections and obe's
and a few other things lead me to this site, i know im not as involved in the discussions as some people ( ftr was a great competition very challenging and very rewarding very entertaining) and ive not been here for long but i feel like i am on a spiritual journey and that you people can talk about a lot of things that people really want to talk about deep down ( all their questions answered) sorry for going foo topic!

[edit on 29-8-2004 by adieb]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Currently

[snip]

A single malt every week or so. Glenlivet, Glenmorangie, or Macallan. Got a bottle of Talisker from my bro., but haven't opened it yet.

[snip] or a port after. 1nce a week.

[copious snipping!]

marijuana
hashish
coc aine
coc aine smoked mixed w/ marijuana ("coco-puffs")
raw opium
morphine

amyltryptamine
mushrooms

lsd

Obviously a person of taste & discernment where alcohol is concerned, especially the single malts!

I can't drink reds or beer, they give me migraine, but I like a good verdelho once in a while, & I buy my French champagne by the case.

Adding to your younger-day-use of drugs, I also indulged in freebase [crack coc aine] for many years, & to this day can never understanf why I spent so much time & bucketloads of $$ in making myself totally miserable. So I quit, no suffering in doing so, it's NOT physically addictive - but psychologically, yes.

I read up beforehand on every drug I ever tried - EXCEPT tobacco & alcohol, sad to say. Some I enjoyed, but even if I'd liked heroin or opium [which I didn't], I would never have persisted because a "habit" is hell on earth, the sun don't shine & you can't function without your "fix".

My caffeine use is WAY above yours - I lu-rv my caffeine.

Alcohol? - oh yes, every day. My father was an alcoholic, & my mother a binge drinker. And I can tell you this - it's taken me the best part of a lifetime to learn how to handle booze responsibly & safely.

Why do I drink? Many reasons - but this one, from my own personal point of view, will suffice.

"I drink to make other people more interesting."

Not original, but I can't remember who first said it.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don't smoke ( never have - can't see the point in breathing hot air into my lungs
)

I drink American pee water - well, they actually call it beer but its nowhere as strong as real English ale. And their Apple cider doesn't even have alcohol in it - not like real cornish scrumpy (13%) or 'Best Pixyland (which I miss terribly and will sample once again as soon as I get back to Cornwall).

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I drink American pee water

Yeh American lager does suck...except for Brooklyn beer. Has anyone tried that stuff? it's so nice, has a great golden taste. And it is over %5 I think. So not bad all round. Smoking is a dirty habbit, sadly I'm hooked. What a waste of money. Wish I had the money, I would take a joint over a filthy marlboro anyday.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ever heard that song Good Two Shoes by Adam Ant?
Ya thats me! hehe
I don't smoke and although I do drink.. I do it very rarely and only for social occasions.

feh.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

...although I do drink.. I do it very rarely and only for social occasions.

feh.

Like I said - ito make peope more interesting

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What I dont get is how people can sit around drinking alcohol and smoking cigarrettes, and then go on about how drugs are bad and should never be touched.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Currently:

3 cups of coffee a day (plus frozen coffee pops I make myself with cream and sugar in the freezer. Incredible and cheep!)

A cigar every month or so. Park Lane by Dunhill, or else a Royal Jamaica in the maduro wrapper. Smooth.

A gin martini with 2 cubes and 2 olives, stirred. (shaking bruises the vermouth!). dry. once a week or so.

maybe a glass of bordeaux w/ dinner, or a port after. 1nce a week.

My homemade blueberry liquer in a snifter, or else over ice cream!

I don't drink more than 2 drinks in 24 hours, as it dulls the senses and affects my spiritual regimen.

I gave up drug abuse when I got serious about religion.

You have an independent lifestyle, that I've not only noticed in this thread but in many others, that I respect and hope to duplicate some day when I am able to settle down and take things a bit slower...if I won the lottery I wouldn't buy a mansion...maybe a ferrari - lol - but I'd pay off my debt and get a nice quiet cabin in the wooded mountains somewhere and just get comfortable with life
- Sounds like you're there already....

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I have never smoked or drank, and dont intend to. I dont want to die in pain and young. They are both unhealthy. Especially if used in excessive amounts.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
bxbxb, you might want to try weed if you want to quit cigarettes. It is not physically addicting, and there are so many reasons why weed is so much better than tobacco.

Weed keeps a friend of mine off anti-depressants. I think they should just make it legal.

Me, personally, I like to DRRRRRINK! I love ice cold Coors Light in a bottle only! And I love foo-foo/mixed drinks. Junebug is my fav. For anyone wanting to try....

Shot of Midori
Shot of Malibu Rum
1/2 shot of Creme De Banana
And fill the rest of the glass with Pineapple Juice

YUMMY!

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by BlackShadow]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Do I smoke and Drink? Well, I'll give you a clue - after deciding the Welsh valleys were the bottomless pit of Brittan, I lost hope. Rather than waste my life by killing myself, I have dedicated my life to booze and smoking in the hope of dying happy, if not young. Unwise I hear you say, well thats the point! And I'm having fun while I'm at it! Believe it or not, I haven't seen a day in the past 3 months where I haven't drank a bottle of Vodka......I'm sure my livers built it's own defences :w::w::w:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i just want to know how it feels like to get HiGh.:shk:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It feels different, depending on what thing you have I suppose... which high d'ya want to know what it feels like?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I smoke like a fish and drink like a chimney.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join