It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Smoke or drink?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'd like to know the percentage of ATSers out there that smoke or drink, or even both.

don't be afraid, no replies are needed.

I'm not afraid to answer. Yes, I smoke weed but do not drink. I have had very bad experiences drinking and I found out that weed, for me at least, has the complete opposite effect.

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by 29MV29]

arc

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
it varies....

I used to smoke a huge amount - was probably stoned every night for most of ten years. Then I cut back just over a year ago and my usuage is now occasional.

I didn't used to drink much at all - was often teetotal for months. Since cutting down the weed I drink a little more frequently but it is still only just weekly and then just a few bottles of lager.

I enjoy weed more than alcohol but I started to notice insiduous side effects and I suspect I never truly straightened up in all those ten years.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I drank alot in the army. I drink a little every now and then. Gave up dope smoking years ago, tho, because cant get a good job if you have pot in your pee all the time, and besides, its expensive, and u have to deal with less than noble people to get it. No thanks.

Ill stick with cigrarettes and tea.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I drink occasionally and I smoke cigarettes, but I don't smoke drugs or take any other forms of illegal substances. Got a big enough trouble trying to quit cigarettes.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
bxbxb, you might want to try weed if you want to quit cigarettes. It is not physically addicting, and there are so many reasons why weed is so much better than tobacco.

As for me, I drink (not for the past two weeks, as I would prefer to have a non-inebriated mind for my final exams
) and in one week (after finals, and when the school can no longer drug test me) I will smoke weed

XAOS

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I do not smoke, I never did and never will.

I don't drink either. I tried beer as a kid, my father gave me a sip of it and I hated the taste. However I do drink a little wine on holidays.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hi XAOS

Years ago I was no angel! Been there done that an a bit more besides. I like a fairly clear head but I have never condemed anyone else - unlike a lot of reformed smokers that I work with!

Its just not my bag anymore. If ever, forbid, I should suffer from a dibilitating illness I.E. chronic artheritis etc then I think I would go on it though!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I dont smoke or drink. Bad for your health.

Smoking = Cancer
Drinking = Liver Damage

Nuff said.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Computers and EMR, Radon etc are bad for your health too, as is meat, vegetables with pesticides, criticising top politicians, flying, driving cars, living near nuclear plants, chemmical plants etc

Most of the above are non-addictive Ocelot but nicotine is the most addictive naturally occuring drug known to man! I can avoid the above if I want to!! I chose to smoke because I can't kick the habit - no excuse really but the rest I try to avoid - except pc's I have to work with them! Its a job!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh yeah, you can't drink the water its poisoned, and the air is getting worse what with pollution and chemtrails etc

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
But you have to be on those electronic things for 50 years before you can get cancer. It is much simpler to die from cigs. My neighbor had mouth cancer and had half of his tounge removed, and he later died from a bad heart becausehe was a heavy smoker.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I know the figures.. I've tried patches, gum, substitutes, abstanance, you name it i've tried it.

Its not bloody easy! Best I done so far is 9 months.. cold.

They say that you should pick a day when you have no stress to quit... yeah, well easy for people to say, everyone is different and I have a lot of things going on that I can't escaper from to get mellow and chill out from the habit!

As I said I have no excuse. Its bloody hard!

Thsi is turning into a SA meeting!! (Smoker anonymous)

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't smoke nor do I drink- I'm not weak.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

I smoke and drink but it is because I choose to not because I am forced to or am weak.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

What are you implying here?

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i like a good burbon on the rocks before bed, helps me sleep. and when grilling out, an ice cold beer is required other than that give me a diet coke or some tropical punch kool aid. as far as weed. more for ya'll who smoke it i guess, just helping with any supply problems.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I smoke pot when i get stressed out so that i can relax. That can be any where from once a month to once a week. i dont drink, i got sick of hangovers and a whole day wasted recouperating. although a nice wine at a romantic dinner is good.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ive tried pot once but got scared with the warnings about it inducing schizophrenia. I dont smoke but enjoy the occasional glass of wine.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
representing for the ATS boozehounds...uh...are there any other ATS boozehounds? oh well. and I smoke cigarettes, too. I relish my bad habits.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I definitely enjoy a cold beer when the time is right. When isn't it, its always Miller Time! I have had my experiences with smoking weed, havent we all?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join